Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Arao 32 Valve heads?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
no one has mentioned the ZR1 32 valve engine. It made a whole 405 hp and ruined the handling of the car with the excessive front end weight. Tell me about a 4 valve engine that weighs 400 lbs and puts out 500 hp, almost that much torque, and is naturally aspirated. The fact that it is inexpensive and easy to work on are additional benefits. Ferrari's have the hp but no torque. The big mercedes v8s come close but are heavier and very expensive.
well you already know that there are very few engines aimed at that market! unless you want to go to high end cars. by the way, have you ewver thought why the cost for the engines are sooo high???????? its nothing to do with the tech or materials used, its cos there are limited production runs!!! an LS1 would be just as costly if it was in the back of a ferrari!

but if you really want engine that cna make that wait a couple of year till the New Skyline and possiably new supra come out. they will have engine gunning for at least that power output but might use turbos.

also what about a mass produced Porsche Turbo engine???? they are making the grade and more these days. if they where churning out enough then the costs would go down.

thanks Chris
Old 04-20-2007, 08:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody see results of these on a car yet, even from the manufacturer.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripped Off By Arao Engineering, Inc Russell Arao

Originally Posted by Vertigo
Anybody seen these? I just got an email about them... Wouldn't you have to spin you motor sky high to take advantage of these?

http://www.***********/forum/showthr...8494#post78494
In a word forget it. We ordered 32valve Ford Cleveland cyl heads from him on 2/1/06. Paid in FULL USD$11k + to expedite the order with a promised delivery date of 90days MFG. and so far we received some pictures and a whole lot of bullshit promises.

Unless you feel like throwing your $$$ down the toilet, don’t even go there, take it from our VERY bad and costly experience with Arao.

I can write you pages and pages regarding this order with Arao, but I will spare you the headache.

On Saturday, January 21, 2006 6:26 PM I Kevin Gall made contact via email with a company located in California U.S.A. As you know the company is ARAO Engineering Inc. the owner is Russell ARAO . In my contact email to ARAO i enquired about a special order set of FORD Aluminum racing cylinder heads - a product ARAO advertises & manufactures. After receiving a reply and several emails i decided to place an order with ARAO The product is special order Automotive cylinder heads to suit a Ford V8 for racing use at a fax quoted cost of USD $11,000.00 manufacturing leadtime ARAO states on paper 90days for special orders.

On 31st January 2006 payment via Int'l Bank Wire of USD $5,500.00 & 6th February 2006 USD $5,500.00 was completed in FULL to ARAO Engineering Inc. Bank account. After several more emails to finalize details and special requests i was informed by ARAO were engaged and going. After some waiting i emailed ARAO on Friday, June 02, 2006 12:39 AM to ask if everything was on track, i received a response back from ARAO that everything was fine and on track.

Again after more waiting On Friday, September 15, 2006 03:05:42 i asked via email a good friend of mine that owns a reputable drag racing supplies shop located in Whittier, CA U.S.A. to contact ARAO by telephone. He spoke with Russell ARAO and he stated to he was waiting on parts from an outside supplier - hence the delay. In months to come i have made ALOT of repeated attempts in writing, faxes, calls, emails to receive a date for finalizing and completion of my special order. I still have not received a date at which my order will be finished.

As of today Sunday, Jan 17th, 2008 nearly two(2) years later i have not received my order from ARAO Engineering Inc, only BU**SHT PROMISES AND ABSOLUTE LIES. The only thing i have received is pictures of my heads un-finished. I believe i have been patient and understanding and more than reasonable considering that ARAO has not delivered as promised 90days to manufacture.

From my personal dealings I heavily caution anybody wishing to part with their money to purchase from a disreputable company like ARAO Engineering Inc. If you have any questions/comments please email anytime! ....Arao Engineering has been reported by myself to the L.A Better Business Bureau & also C.A dept of Justice ,The office of the Attorney General C.A. It is noted Russ Arao Failed to respond to any complaint(s).
Old 02-26-2008, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Default Russell Arao apologizes to those who have had to wait

I Russell Arao apologize to those who have had to wait for their order.
Arao Engineering and Russell Arao have rectified the manufacturing problem with a manufacturing alliance with a large CNC manufacturing firm. This alliance has been much needed to alleviate a large "Bottleneck" in the manufacturing of its 32valve cylinder head products. This has been in the making for some time, and is now tooled up and manufacturing product. We tried to keep all manufacturing in house up until recently, but the decision was made to outsource. This helps alleviate some major problems in the delivery to customers of its product. I truly apologize to those customers who have had to wait. The significance of this alliance is stated here. The Facts are:

1) Old backorders of product to waiting customers are being taken care of FIRST.

2) Every model of cylinder head is being manufactured to be in stock. All Chevy and Ford.

3) With manufacturing outsourced, engineers can devote more time to Research and Development of its product.

The first backorder to be shipped with this new alliance went to Kevin Gall of Billet Racing. This was a special one off Blown Alcohol 32v Ford Cleveland head. With special 6 studs per cylinder and "O" ringed intake ports. A "Bad ***" set of heads that most engine builders predict will produce well over 2000 HP on blown alcohol. We will make this data available when available to us.
Ongoing Horsepower comparisons are being conducted on other models and figures will be published.
You guys deserve the truth and to be informed, and you will get it.
Thank You
Russ Arao
russarao@aol.com
Old 02-26-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Junkie

**** and no one has gotten there orders ive heard still?

**** that
Old 02-29-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 71cam
Arao Engineering and Russell Arao have rectified the manufacturing problem with a manufacturing alliance with a large CNC manufacturing firm. This alliance has been much needed to alleviate a large "Bottleneck" in the manufacturing of its 32valve cylinder head products. This has been in the making for some time, and is now tooled up and manufacturing product. We tried to keep all manufacturing in house up until recently, but the decision was made to outsource. This helps alleviate some major problems in the delivery to customers of its product. I truly apologize to those customers who have had to wait. The significance of this alliance is stated here. The Facts are:

1) Old backorders of product to waiting customers are being taken care of FIRST.

2) Every model of cylinder head is being manufactured to be in stock. All Chevy and Ford.

3) With manufacturing outsourced, engineers can devote more time to Research and Development of its product.

The first backorder to be shipped with this new alliance went to Kevin Gall of Billet Racing. This was a special one off Blown Alcohol 32v Ford Cleveland head. With special 6 studs per cylinder and "O" ringed intake ports. A "Bad ***" set of heads that most engine builders predict will produce well over 2000 HP on blown alcohol. We will make this data available when available to us.
Ongoing Horsepower comparisons are being conducted on other models and figures will be published.
Thank You
Russ Arao
russarao@aol.com
thats the biggest load of ****. if that is actually you russ you have always done **** in house so no it's not some CNC firm that fucked you it has always been you that has fucked you. what about NAUTIBOATS are they going to get the other set of head that you produced for them or are they going to get another it's in the mail oh no wait it's not e-mail. you have never produced anything on time. you've pretty much killed any rep you have and theres no way in hell i'm going to let you **** anyone else over.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 71cam

Thank You
Russ Arao
russarao@aol.com

Tell him to jump off a building
Old 03-18-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just read this whole thread.

I do not have any concrete thoughts on a 32v lsx head. Many of you have knowledge well above my head. I am 23 and have done 2 h/c lsx cars and am going to do my first FI build on my z06. So I am not with out automotive know how, I am just not into the highly technical stuff.

With that said, from what I have seen with the way lsx cars stack up vs. ohc and 32v cars there is no need to change a formula that works. Our push rod, 16v engines are making very good power in all levels from the street to the track with weekend warriors and all out big race teams. These lsx based heads flow very well. When boosted with similar amounts of boost these motors will put out numbers right with or better the 32v fords.

Also, does anyone think that was really the con artist himself? From what you guys have said he is a real low life. If it was my 11k he took and I got nothing in return you had better believe he would be receiving a nice law suit to get him motivated.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

he did the same appology on lateral-g.net ane pro-touring.com, all i have to say is "show me the money" if the costumers actually get their stuff, thats great! and if eh fianny realized that he cant keep up, and gets his **** together thats great also... but for now its just words.... and talk is cheap!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:12 AM

The higher the rocker ratio, the more HP is lost to mechanical action, not to mention the timing chain and LOBE wear. 4 valves means less lift & duration is required. Not to mention your redline is instantly moved up a grand or two! Plus the engine will rev faster, hence why formula-one cars all have 4 valves per cylinder engines. And these are BOLT-ON push rod heads. NOT OHC.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by christophero1973
The higher the rocker ratio, the more HP is lost to mechanical action, not to mention the timing chain and LOBE wear. 4 valves means less lift & duration is required. Not to mention your redline is instantly moved up a grand or two! Plus the engine will rev faster, hence why formula-one cars all have 4 valves per cylinder engines. And these are BOLT-ON push rod heads. NOT OHC.
Originally Posted by christophero1973
A higher LSA will ALWAYS give you a smoother idle. If you are worried about detonation with a high mechanical compression ratio, then go with a high LSA. The higher the LSA the lower the mechanical compression PSI. Hence lower KR\detonation. 116 Is actually a good place. It will move peak power up a hundred RPM or two over the 114. Here is an approximate number: cylinder Press decreases 0.625%, per cylinder, for every 1degree increase in LSA. Therefore Peak HP & TQ Will decrease accordingly. However Your engine will run much smother and not break apart(throw a rod, bust a piston, etc.,.). GM stock cams range from 115-117.5 LSA. Stock Porsche's, Lambo's and Ferrari's even hit 119LSA. This helps them run to a 7500RPM red-line. And of course they still kick lots of ***.
Where are you getting your info, 'hero? Much of it is...ahhh, questionable.

I'm being nice. Most folks here didn't fall of the turnip truck yesterday.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Teching In

He's on the right track but not dead on... redline is determined by many factors in the engine, mostly weight of moving components and rod/stroke ratio...

Doesn't really matter, these heads are too expensive and it sounds like the douchebag who makes them isn't good on his word. I'd rather spend $10,000 on another 240sx toy than a set of heads that I'd never see - let alone see $10,000 worth of gains.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:57 AM
10 Second Club

So Billet, have you received your heads yet?
Old 05-19-2008, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had and ran a set of dominion heads on an lt1 (396) years ago. I sold it to unstablebob .

I believe the heads that aero now claims to do is infact the dominion heads. I cant be sure but I think dominion sold out to aero in some fashion.

I was the first and possibly the only one to actually run the heads. I was told I got the 3 rd set, but I was first to run because the others were asking me to do headers for them. There is a lot of speculation in this thread, and its just that, the experience was good. I would run the heads again, just not in a 4th gen f body.

Quick Reply: Arao 32 Valve heads?