Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Move Advanced Performance Tech???

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Move Advanced Performance Tech???

Hey Guys.....

Every time I visit the APT forum, most of the questions seem like they're in the complete wrong forum.

I would suggest that the moderators move the Advanced Performance Tech forum from its current location at the top of the list to somewhere lower (like below the Conversions & Hybrids forum). Goal would be to get some of the wrong forum questions in the correct forums....

Kinda like the opposite of naming your plumbing company AAA Plumbing so that you're listed first in the phone book. Kinda bury it a bit to try an limit the stupidity....

What do you guys thinK?

'JustDreamin'
Old 09-26-2007, 09:14 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

I agree completely. I get tired of occasionally trying to be the forum police because of so many inappropriate threads. The Advanced Performance Tech Forum (when used appropriately) is one of the main draws of LS1Tech for me. However, I've gotten to the point that I only look at new threads posted here occasionally (perhaps once per week) because of all of the threads entitled "Calling All Cam Gurus" or something similar.

I consciously try to help others with troubleshooting, etc. when the post in in the proper forum.

Steve
Old 09-27-2007, 09:00 PM
FormerVendor

1) Rather than bitching about a problem in "Advanced Performance Tech", why do you post your comments/suggestions in the proper place.. https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-support-resources-52/

2) This site has sooooo many different forums, its near impossible to determine "Where" a thread should be.

3) To some, asking "Cam Gurus" a question about a cam design qualifies as an advanced question. Its not like your talking about fuking Quantum Physics..

Dont like it.....Dont click on the thread..
Old 09-27-2007, 09:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

These guys are right though, it seems we might need some more active moderators in here to keep the BS threads out of here. I've relocated the forum to the bottom of the tech section, and change the name to "Engineering" to keep the newbies from posting basic questions in here. I think they were seeing "Performance" in the title and thinking it was a free for all.

Moving the basic threads out now....a LOT of them.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:28 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Nine Ball, Thanks very much for your help.

American HP, one of the reasons that LS1Tech.com is the strongest and best web sites for Gen III/IV Small Block information is that there are a lot of forums. However, it is important that threads posted follow the guidelines for a given forum. Here are the guidelines for this forum https://ls1tech.com/forums/advanced-engineering-tech/396223-what-forum-please-read-before-posting.html.

All my best,

Steve
Old 09-27-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
1) Rather than bitching about a problem in "Advanced Performance Tech", why do you post your comments/suggestions in the proper place.. https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

2) This site has sooooo many different forums, its near impossible to determine "Where" a thread should be.

3) To some, asking "Cam Gurus" a question about a cam design qualifies as an advanced question. Its not like your talking about fuking Quantum Physics..

Dont like it.....Dont click on the thread..
and you're doing the same thing as i. not helping the solution by making a post.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:36 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was pleasantly suprised to see this section moved. Having to sort through unrelated threads posted in the incorrect section is annoying.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:43 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
These guys are right though, it seems we might need some more active moderators in here to keep the BS threads out of here. I've relocated the forum to the bottom of the tech section, and change the name to "Engineering" to keep the newbies from posting basic questions in here. I think they were seeing "Performance" in the title and thinking it was a free for all.

Moving the basic threads out now....a LOT of them.
that's a good idea, im still moving over a half a dozen threads daily.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the best idea I've seen in a while. It does get old telling people not to post their "what's the best exhaust" questions in this forum. A little lee-way is fine, but some posts clearly do not fit in here. Thanks mods!
Old 09-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good move, literally.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second.

There really needs to be serveral different enviroments where people can express what ifs in one and get hi tech advice in another.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I was pleasantly suprised to see this section moved. Having to sort through unrelated threads posted in the incorrect section is annoying.
I wasn't sure if I was in the right section. I was!
Great idea to move it to the bottom and rename it.
Counter-intuitive.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:46 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

For me when i was a noobie (still am really) I was tempted to post questions in here just because i was tired of reading people argue about heatsink is a myth, or backpressure is good, small cam vs. big cam, KOOKS vs. Pacesetters....ect A lot of people talk like experts but have no idea what the hell they are saying. Luckily I got smart and started PMing ppl that really did know instead of making threads (like Pat G for a cam question), but i was tempted to ask my questions in here.

Quick Reply: Move Advanced Performance Tech???