Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Formula Splitter *Pictures*

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008 | 10:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Seems like there are some real mixed opinions about this. Regardless, I love the look of it, and ultimately, that is all that matters.

I do however, think that it is still too far out. I will be recessing it more still.

Also, I used a wide angle lens to take the pictures, which is likely exaggerating how large it actually is.

I will keep everyone posted with pictures in the near future.
exactly, if you like, thats all that matters
Old 10-23-2008 | 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

^^ couldnt agree more with what he said. no matter what someones always going to love it and always going to hate it. i love the lsx motors, and the lsx interiors but i dont like the front end on a ls1 camaro thats why i bought an lt1 camaro and pulled the lt1 right away for a big block and turbo and am doing an ls1 interior swap.
Old 10-23-2008 | 11:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Seems like there are some real mixed opinions about this. Regardless, I love the look of it, and ultimately, that is all that matters.

I do however, think that it is still too far out. I will be recessing it more still.

Also, I used a wide angle lens to take the pictures, which is likely exaggerating how large it actually is.

I will keep everyone posted with pictures in the near future.
And that's all that matters to me 100 people not liking it on the net is no sweat off my back as long as the person who bought it likes it.

Same way 100 people saying it looks great but the person who bought it not liking it would not sit well...

Anyways, thanks for taking the chance and being the first Formula/Firebird bumper to have it bolted on

How's it feel to know you are one of one !?
Old 10-23-2008 | 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Keep up the great work 6LE. i like a lot of the new things you have come up with but that splitter just isnt one of my favorites.

Last edited by 99problemz; 10-23-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-24-2008 | 01:06 AM
12 Second Club

That looks sick! In a good way of corse! Realy beautifull!
Old 10-24-2008 | 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks really good at that 50/50 point! The first pics were nasty, but the last batch was great! I want to see someone make a fiberglass lip/chin spoiler like the ones for Corvettes! That's the onlt splitter I'll ever put on my T/A. If I ever get around to making one for myself (DON'T hold your breath) I'll make a mold from it and such and so forth. The only problem is getting the money and time and everything asside to do it. I've got picsin my head and even a method of actually DOING it, just not the less important stuff above mentioned. I digress. Spd-Kilz, your car looks great with the splitter on!

Swat
Old 10-25-2008 | 03:52 AM
On The Tree

looks really nice!!!
gotta let my buddy see this thread now since hes been waiting for the formula splitter.
Old 10-25-2008 | 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't think the body lines of our Formulas flow well with a lip. But good work though with fitment! If you like it though, that is all that matters!
Old 10-25-2008 | 03:13 PM
k30
Teching In

Originally Posted by Swiat34
Looks really good at that 50/50 point! The first pics were nasty, but the last batch was great! I want to see someone make a fiberglass lip/chin spoiler like the ones for Corvettes! That's the onlt splitter I'll ever put on my T/A. If I ever get around to making one for myself (DON'T hold your breath) I'll make a mold from it and such and so forth. The only problem is getting the money and time and everything asside to do it. I've got picsin my head and even a method of actually DOING it, just not the less important stuff above mentioned. I digress. Spd-Kilz, your car looks great with the splitter on!

Swat
I agree, I dont know why there hasnt been any chin spoilers made for our TA's like the ones they put on the iroc series TA.
http://www.racingwest.com/images/news/03/iroc_01-07.jpg
I think that would be the best possible look for the TA. That being said these ones being offered look great defenitely improve the look of our cars IMHO.

Quick Reply: Formula Splitter *Pictures*