Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

F-Body switch plates available for preorder now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 10:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Looks great! Anyway to talk you into doing a full ashtray LID replacement panel? I'd obviously have to epoxy it in... I could send you one of the ones I make but it is as simple as tracing the lid and adjusting for one curve...

If I had a M6 I'd be all over the plate you have but since I have an A4 when I put the lid up I'd block my gauges...

I'm kind of with Brian on the ABS thing as well but I can't envision how you light the ABS without just being cut out...
I can't make that part because it is molded. I don't have a molder. The hinges and everything would be critical for that, and I just can't do it.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by gillbot
better pics of the ashtray unit?
I know those are rough. Hang with me and I'll get some much better pictures by tomorrow or the next day.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
I can't make that part because it is molded. I don't have a molder. The hinges and everything would be critical for that, and I just can't do it.
Sorry, my mistake... I didn't mean it that way. I'm looking to totally remove the lid and then have just a plain panel cut the shape of the hole (left when the LID is GONE) that I can epoxy in from the bottom making it just a flat panel replacement...

To go from this:

to this:

Old 10-28-2008, 11:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Sorry, my mistake... I didn't mean it that way. I'm looking to totally remove the lid and then have just a plain panel cut the shape of the hole (left when the LID is GONE) that I can epoxy in from the bottom making it just a flat panel replacement...

To go from this:

to this:

I could make a plate that covered that area if you would like. I don't want to produce it on a mass scale, though. My only concern would be that on the bottom left side there is no support - epoxy wuld take care of that, though. Let me see what I can do.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Teching In

I too would be interested in more of an ABS/textured, non shiny look. Everything else I have done to dash area has kept to more of a stock appearance. I would be ecstatic if you could also offer something to blend.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were to get the cubby hold plate and tell you what text i want. Does it lite up? Like the ashtray plate does?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Banned

can you do it in black with red words?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
If I were to get the cubby hold plate and tell you what text i want. Does it lite up? Like the ashtray plate does?
I do not supply the lighting. What I will do is laser etch the lettering, and leave it alone. When you put a light source behind the uncolored lettering, it becomes backlit. I will not be supplying any LED kit for these. You'd have to do that yourself.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
can you do it in black with red words?
Yes.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
I do not supply the lighting. What I will do is laser etch the lettering, and leave it alone. When you put a light source behind the uncolored lettering, it becomes backlit. I will not be supplying any LED kit for these. You'd have to do that yourself.
If i were to get the ashtray plate for my M6 car, and you laser etch the lettering. then where the stock amber light is, all i would need to is replace lets say with a red light and the lettering will lite up red? Is that how the pics with your A4 ashtray works?
Old 10-30-2008, 09:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

bump for more info
Old 10-30-2008, 05:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
If i were to get the ashtray plate for my M6 car, and you laser etch the lettering. then where the stock amber light is, all i would need to is replace lets say with a red light and the lettering will lite up red? Is that how the pics with your A4 ashtray works?
It would dupply some light, but I doubt it would be enough. I would suggest getting some LEDs, or an LED strip and using that instead.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

Could you possible get a switch the style that would be to way So i could have a high, low and off for the fan switch?
Old 10-31-2008, 08:10 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by firehawk#682
Could you possible get a switch the style that would be to way So i could have a high, low and off for the fan switch?
It will have to be up to the customer to supply those kind of switches. There are literally too many types and variations for me to do them all. I'll that I'll offer is what you see above.

Quick Reply: F-Body switch plates available for preorder now!