Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

F-Body switch plates available for preorder now!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wink F-Body switch plates available for preorder now!

We at EMBLEMPROS.COM are currently taking preorders for A4 ashtray switch plates, and cubby hole covering plates.

- The price for either switchplate, cubbyhole cover or A4 ashtray plate, will be $50 + shipping for 3 rocker switches with LEDs and 1 momentary switch.

- If you want a switch other than the 2 pictured, you will need to send me the switch so that I can incorporate it into your panel; this may include a small fee.

- You get to tell me what labels you want for each switch. I can also color the lettering any standard color of your choice, or leave the lettering uncolored for you to backlight yourself.

- If you want the cubby hole covering plate, I need to know if you want or don't want the cigarette lighter provision. Some of you may want to eliminate the lighter and put more switches in it's place. Keep in mind that if you add more switches here, you will have to modify the area behind those switches by cutting part of your console out.

- The A4 ashtray switch plate can only hold 4 switches without modification. If you want more switches, they cost $3 for each additional switch, maximum of 6. Keep in mind that any more switches than those pictured will require you to cut out the bottom of your ashtray for clearance of the extra switches. No modification is required for the way I have done it above.

- The switches for these are ordered for each application. This means I will not stock them, but once you order and pay for them, I'll get them and install them into the plate myslef. This saves me space and money. These pieces are completely custom made for you, and therefore, I will not stock the switches. All this basically means is that rather than the normal 2-3 day shipping time we target will now be 1-2 weeks max.

HOW TO PUT IN YOUR ORDER:
email us at sales@emblempros.com with the email title "(yourLS1techuserID)-switchplate". For example, mine would be "dragonZ28-switchplate". This will help us organize all of these into their own folder.

1: Tell me which switchplate you want. Cubby hole covering plate, or A4 ashtray plate. If you want the cubby hole piece, tell me if you want the cigarette lighter provision.

2: Tell me what color plate you would like. I will have black acrylic and silver mirror acrylic for now. I'll need you to specify which color.

3: Tell me what combination of switches you would like, i.e. 2 rockers/2 momentary; 3 rockers/1 momentary. Any combination of 4 total switches in the type shown in the pictures will be $50 + shipping.

4: Tell me what labels you would like for each switch, i.e. "Nitrous Arm", "Bottle Heater", "Nitrous Purge".

5: Tell me what color you would like the lettering for the labels. If you want to backlight your labels, simply say so and I will leave them uncolored. you can put your own LEDs behind the labels, and they will light up as shown in the photos.

6: If you want any kind of custom switches, i.e. electric cutout switch, pushbutton engine start switch, I will only put those into the cubbyhole area switchplate because they simply won't fit in the ashtray. I require that you send me these switches. If you aren't willing to send them to me, then please don't ask me to make it - I need your switch for measurements and fitment.

After I have the necessary information from you, I will send you a price. Once you pay, I will order your switches, and make your plate as soon as I can after I get the switches. I will probably only order switches once a week, so it's a good idea to have your order submitted and paid for by Sunday night.

Here are the pics...

Backlighting on the A4 ashtray plate:

The A4 ashtray plate installed (final version will have a minor change in it for better clearance):

Cubby hole plate with lighter provision:

Cubby hole plate with lighter delete:

Final note, M6 guys I am working on getting one done for your ashtrays. The one pictured above will only work for automatic cars. The cubby hole plate works for A4 and M6 cars.

These will mount with 3M double-sided tape.

If there are any questions or concerns, please post up and I'll answer them promptly. All swithplate requests will be addressed at night, so don't expect an immediate response.

Thanks, guys!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet, looks like I will be ordering one soon.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

i am diggin that M6 cubby hole plate conversion....fgggn sweet..comes with switches? maby? and how much total?
Old 10-28-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Knowing that there aren't many of us V6 owners out there, and I haven't looked into this myself yet, are the M6 and M5 (yes 5) center consoles the same? I would assume they are but I want to be certain before I look into an ash tray plate for mine.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

When will the 96 LT1 6 spd ashtray plates be ready ? Do you need a LT1 (96) console to fit or does this tray work for the 94-96 LT1's ? Let me know,
Old 10-28-2008, 05:21 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 96silverram
When will the 96 LT1 6 spd ashtray plates be ready ? Do you need a LT1 (96) console to fit or does this tray work for the 94-96 LT1's ? Let me know,
If you can send me a console tray, I'll be glad to make it.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Cool, will do....
Old 10-28-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

man if this comes with the switches it would be great and customizable text, I'm in.

You guys do great work, your dad made me some sweet emblems Matt.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by sdbrown84
man if this comes with the switches it would be great and customizable text, I'm in.

You guys do great work, your dad made me some sweet emblems Matt.
It comes with rocker switches and momentary switches - a total of 4, you pick how many of each.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Resident

Ashtray plate looks good.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

Do you have a picture of the black acrylic plate?
Old 10-28-2008, 08:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
Do you have a picture of the black acrylic plate?
Not at the moment, but I will in a couple of days.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Will this be available in ABS?
Old 10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Will this be available in ABS?
I could do it, but it doesn't look nearly as good as acrylic or stainless. It's actually a downgrade in my opinion.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
I could do it, but it doesn't look nearly as good as acrylic or stainless. It's actually a downgrade in my opinion.
To each their own, but I think the texture of ABS follows the texture on the console
Old 10-28-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

pretty sweet looking switchplate.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

better pics of the ashtray unit?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great! Anyway to talk you into doing a full ashtray LID replacement panel? I'd obviously have to epoxy it in... I could send you one of the ones I make but it is as simple as tracing the lid and adjusting for one curve...

If I had a M6 I'd be all over the plate you have but since I have an A4 when I put the lid up I'd block my gauges...

I'm kind of with Brian on the ABS thing as well but I can't envision how you light the ABS without just being cut out...
Old 10-28-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a question. I would like to get the cubby hole one for my Trans Am. I alredy have a cutout in my ashtray. I know you said not to ask to make hole for a switch if it is not in your possession (sp). But i now the diameter of the switch.

also does the cubby hole text for the switches lite up? If so how does that work? Sorry for all the questions

DMH cut out switch. Take directly from DMHs website

Small black rocker switch is only .75" X .50"

Could you work with that?

EDIT: What are rocker switches and momentary switches?

Another Edit: I found out that my DMH switch is a rocker switch. So then what is a momentary switch

Last edited by TORCHD 02 TA; 10-28-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
I have a question. I would like to get the cubby hole one for my Trans Am. I alredy have a cutout in my ashtray. I know you said not to ask to make hole for a switch if it is not in your possession (sp). But i now the diameter of the switch.

DMH cut out switch. Take directly from DMHs website

Small black rocker switch is only .75" X .50"

Could you work with that?

EDIT: What are rocker switches and momentary switches?

Another Edit: I found out that my DMH switch is a rocker switch. So then what is a momentary switch
The problem is, it's not that simple. I wish it was. I have to take things like clearances with other switches into account, as well as clearances on the reverse side. Also, some switches are keyed to fit in one way. It's just safer to send it to me. Otherwise, there's a strong chance you could be eating $50. You can mail the switch for a couple of bucks.

Our rocker switch is a simple on/off switch. A cutout switch should be a 3-position switch; forward, neutral, reverse. Neutral does not close the circuit, so your battery doesn't drain and your electric motor doesn't burnout.

A momentary switch closes a circuit only when you depress the button. The minute you let off, it is spring loaded to pop back and open the circuit. This is much how your car horn works - same goes for a nitrous purge.

Last edited by dragonZ28; 10-28-2008 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: F-Body switch plates available for preorder now!