Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Camaro Wide Body Carbon fiber on ebay!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought those rear fenders fully replace the factory ones. But they have to be tacked on to the originals.

For the price it's not bad, especially if you are rebuilding an f-body.

But to take your original car, and start messing w/ these fenders, I don't know about that.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

with the rite wheels and the car one solid color...it would look sick
Old 01-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by integraxtc
I thought those rear fenders fully replace the factory ones. But they have to be tacked on to the originals.

But to take your original car, and start messing w/ these fenders, I don't know about that.
if you seen how poor the entire quarter fits youll see why the two cars with these already had to trim them as they did. if you owuld try and fit them as they are nothing would line up, your factory edges would be way off. the area around the taillights are off on hte mold by 2 inches, thats how much they stick out on the passengerside.

best is to get them and trim to fit, that way your still using the factory edges around the entire quarter. these quarters are not direct replacments!!!

if i was going to do this again i would just hack up a firebird/ta for its rear quarters. if you look how the mold was formed they used a TA/firebird for the shape. i varified this by putting this car and a ta side by side. the shape over wheel wells is that of a TA
Old 01-16-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evilZO6
So he does sell them in fiberglass, thats what im after! Man what a lucky break 20 dollars? I wish i was there for that one..... Yea interesting point about the stripe. I guess with thir hatch spoiler and hoods you could do the same down the middle of the car.
Check out the shipping cost. Closer to $200 with shipping. But still not bad.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Banned

shipping was 140 and they dont allow local pick up either
Old 01-16-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dave70
Check out the shipping cost. Closer to $200 with shipping. But still not bad.
Yea i noticed that but what are you going to compare it to? Where else can you get a widebody at all let alone for a few hundred bucks. Cheaper the better for me becuase i'm trying to mold them into a firebird. But i'm going to go crazy with it. I have to trim the front and graft on the vents. Then i have to get rid of the mirrors. And i'm going to widen them further with some foam and stuff-only another inch becuase i have 14.5 inch rims, or i will here shortly. I think at that point i'll want a custom front and rear bumper cover. We'll have to see what i come up with. I promise it will be tasteful and i promise i'll make molds if possible.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

its gonna look sick when its done
Old 01-21-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wish the company would have a picture with there part installed on a car and not just pictures of the part
Old 01-21-2009, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sway99bird
i wish the company would have a picture with there part installed on a car and not just pictures of the part
.............x2, I hate that
Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Addict

^ x3!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hell yea dude. I like the subtle custom look, if its somethin you have the time/money for then its all good.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by evilZO6
Yea i noticed that but what are you going to compare it to? Where else can you get a widebody at all let alone for a few hundred bucks. Cheaper the better for me becuase i'm trying to mold them into a firebird. But i'm going to go crazy with it. I have to trim the front and graft on the vents. Then i have to get rid of the mirrors. And i'm going to widen them further with some foam and stuff-only another inch becuase i have 14.5 inch rims, or i will here shortly. I think at that point i'll want a custom front and rear bumper cover. We'll have to see what i come up with. I promise it will be tasteful and i promise i'll make molds if possible.
14.5" wide rims?? what type of wheel are you going to use? GL
Old 01-22-2009, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by integraxtc

i agree
Old 01-22-2009, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXws6
14.5" wide rims?? what type of wheel are you going to use? GL
I have aluminums BBS rims. Theyre only 9.5 now but i'm having a 5inch lip added. I wanted 6 but i always tend to overdo things so i stepped it back a notch. Im also having them stripped and painted dark gray, and then having the faces machined. So it will be a nice brushed/machines aluminum face with a dark drop shadow-esqu spoke behind it, all peeking out of a 5 inch polished lip! I'm so excited

If your rebuilding a camaro these would be BAD to use as everyone says they dont fit for crap. Everyone i know with them has cut off where they are supposed to meet up and molded them over the existing fenders/quarters
Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

any updates on wide body kit?

Quick Reply: Camaro Wide Body Carbon fiber on ebay!