Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Finally bright headlights for a T/A

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Curious if there is any way to get a 9011 or 9012 in either of these housings. I put the HIR bulbs in my Magnum and love them. I had thought about taking factory housings and siliconing a set of these in.

They are supposed to be able to replace 9005/9006 and HB4/HB3 bulbs.

Thoughts?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HL21000 or HL21004?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Launching!

I am going to take pics of the kit once i get home. The wiring is capable of handling as much power as you want to throw at the lights. The harness they send is great. Im glad you mentioned the H7 being a single filament bulb VIP. I was going to bring up the same thing.

On the subject of light output. The data you posted is correct to a point. The only problem is that Sylvania among other companies puts out specs that are not realistic. The information they generally leave out is how much wattage they are dumping into the lights to get this great lumen output. Sure an H7 will put out 1350 lumen from a 55w bulb, but you need to be putting around 14.2 volts into that light to get that kind of output. Now if anyone is curious turn on your lights and measure how many volts you are actually putting to your lights. The factory wiring of course is to small to carry suffecient power to the lights to get the maximum light output.

In reality a great upgrade to the lighting is just using an upgraded wiring harness that is going to allow you to put the maximum amount of volts, and current to the lights. The increase in output will amaze most people. The harness that comes with this kit is made with all Hella relays and relay sockets. I believe that the wiring is 10 gauge, but dont hold me to that, im going off of memory here. Also if you need custom lengths it is no problem, Sus1uehanna makes all of these harnesses by hand so if you need anything special they can handle it.

I know PICS!!!! i think i need to quit my job so i can pay attention to things that really matter...like getting these lights in, and pics taken and posted. LOL
Old 01-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Subscribing
Old 01-23-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 843 Likes on 645 Posts

98Legend, is it possible to do just the H4 low beams with that kit?
Old 01-23-2009, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wannafbody
98Legend, is it possible to do just the H4 low beams with that kit?
Yes it is
Old 01-23-2009, 05:30 PM
11 Second Club

Waiting on the pics! Please!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

interesting, but I think I'm still going to swap hella 90mm projectors.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I also have HIDs on my T/A and love the difference.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 98legendws6
The only problem is that Sylvania among other companies puts out specs that are not realistic. The information they generally leave out is how much wattage they are dumping into the lights to get this great lumen output. Sure an H7 will put out 1350 lumen from a 55w bulb, but you need to be putting around 14.2 volts into that light to get that kind of output. Now if anyone is curious turn on your lights and measure how many volts you are actually putting to your lights. The factory wiring of course is to small to carry suffecient power to the lights to get the maximum light output.
True, but my comparison still stands since all the ratings will be lower by roughly the same percentage. Meaning, the H7 @ 12V will still be brighter than the H4's low beam filament @ 12V.

In reality a great upgrade to the lighting is just using an upgraded wiring harness that is going to allow you to put the maximum amount of volts, and current to the lights. The increase in output will amaze most people.
I don't know about "amaze", but it will be an increase in output.

Originally Posted by wannafbody
is it possible to do just the H4 low beams with that kit?
Yup, just wire up only the low beam filament and leave the high beam filament unconnected. I forget which pins on the bulb connect to which filament, but you can figure that out really quick through trial-and-error. I'd suggest using a 6V lantern battery and aiming at a wall instead of blinding yourself with a car battery.

Originally Posted by integraxtc
interesting, but I think I'm still going to swap hella 90mm projectors.
If you do, I'd suggest making custom curved shields. It improves them quite a bit. I have pics in my install thread.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

subscribing
Old 01-24-2009, 01:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Well I would like more info on this soooon
Old 01-24-2009, 03:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to see pics!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:13 AM
On The Tree

Let's see some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

And the ebay kits are true HID .....this is a common non truth should we say. They use cheap ballasts and have no provisions for load levelling but are true HID. HID only refers to how the last is produced and wether you have a $100 ebay kit or a factory kit in a Ferrari the light is produced the same way. By an arc of current in xenon gas.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Launching!

OK i have some pics for everyone to look at. Nothing installed yet but at least you can see the products themselves.

1. included housing
2. everything apart
3. back of h4 housing
4. wiring harness
5. Hella relays
6. H4 connectors for Hi and Lo beam
7. Hella relay removed from socket
8. power and ground connections to battery

If you notice on the 3rd pic, there is a secondary hole. This is for day time driving lights. It apparently is a requirement overseas. The housing comes with a very small bulb in the location but it just pulls out. You dont need to use it. It would be kind of useless with pop ups anyways. I tried to get a close-up of the front of the glass so Bosch could be read...BUT no dice.

More pics to come
Attached Thumbnails Finally bright headlights for a T/A-housing.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-apart.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-h4.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-harness.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-hella-relays.jpg  

Finally bright headlights for a T/A-h4-connectors.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-relay-sockets.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-power-ground.jpg  
Old 01-24-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK i have some pics for everyone to look at. Nothing installed yet but at least you can see the products themselves.
Nice i can not wait to see it installed now
Old 01-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Well i wanted to see what the lights looked like powered up. So i just rigged up the harness by hooking it to power and ground and plugging in the signal. The 2 shots with the lights next to each other says alot. BUT the biggest thing is the light it throws on the wall. I cant take a picture of that however because there is a table in the way for the existing low beam. That pic is soon to come.

Pics taken with only low beam on.

OOPSS in the second pic looks like i had the H4 housing upside down..MY BAD!!
Attached Thumbnails Finally bright headlights for a T/A-factory.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-side-side.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-another.jpg  
Old 01-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Launching!

More pics of the install.

1. Drivers side of harness, with battery removed,harness pulled across front of car following existing harness.

2. Drivers side harness still heading across following existing harness in front of radiator.

3. Drivers side harness pulled out on drivers side.

4. Harness being pushed through the opening into the headlight opening.

5. Distant view of drivers side harness being pushed into headlight opening.

6. Drivers side harness being pulled into headlight opening.

7. The headlight bracket must be removed in order to run the high beam portion of the harness.

More pics to come.
Attached Thumbnails Finally bright headlights for a T/A-harness-pull-1.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-harness-pull-2.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-harness-pull-3.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-harness-pull-4.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-harness-pull-5.jpg  

Old 01-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Launching!

OK all i can say is OMG!!!!! There is no words to describe how much better these lights are. The pics really dont do the light output justice. Now i want to say that in the following pics the headlights have not been aimed. Also im sorry but i didnt take any pics of where i mounted the relays because i was just to excited...those will be here soon enough. Let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails Finally bright headlights for a T/A-new-low-beam.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-new-low-beam-2.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-new-high-beam.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-new-high-beam-2.jpg   Finally bright headlights for a T/A-low-beam-inside-car.jpg  

Finally bright headlights for a T/A-high-beam-inside-car.jpg  

Quick Reply: Finally bright headlights for a T/A