Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Question for those with Convo Pros

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 09:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Question for those with Convo Pros

How close are the insides of the front wheels to your calipers?

Could you gain any clearance (if needed) with a spacer? (Or is too much rim over the caliper)

I have a set of LS1 brakes I can take measurements off of. I'm trying to figure out if I have any chance of fitting convo pros over my 13in Baer brakes.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2002, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Question for those with Convo Pros

Are you planning on running 15x4's up front or some kind of street wheel? I am pretty sure that the 13" baer brakes require a 17" rim, but with skinnies you might be able to get away with it if you use a spacer. I have a set of convo pros for the rear that I have some ET streets on, but I was thinking of getting a set of 15x4's up front to match for the track. I have 13" baer brakes, so I wanted to make sure they would fit before I bought a set. I'll borrow a friends pair of skinnies and see if they even come close to fitting first.

Aram
Old 03-20-2002, 05:51 PM
FormerVendor

Yeah, I wanted to run 15x4's up front and 15x7.5's out back. I was hoping I could just run a spacer on the front.
Old 03-20-2002, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a new set of fronts 15 x 4 inch, 14 inches of clearance( RIM TO RIM ) when mounted flush, real close to calipers 1/8-1/4 inch. With a 5/16 spacer, 14 1/2 inches (RIM TO RIM ), you will gain 1/4 inch more clearance . Measure from the center out ,if caliper is no more than 7 1/8 ( HALF OF 14 1/2 )inches you will clear by 1/8 inch. Hope this helps.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:25 PM
FormerVendor

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by E. W. J:
<strong>I have a new set of fronts 15 x 4 inch, 14 inches of clearance( RIM TO RIM ) when mounted flush, real close to calipers 1/8-1/4 inch. With a 5/16 spacer, 14 1/2 inches (RIM TO RIM ), you will gain 1/4 inch more clearance . Measure from the center out ,if caliper is no more than 7 1/8 ( HALF OF 14 1/2 )inches you will clear by 1/8 inch. Hope this helps.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for taking the time to measure that up. I very much appreciate it.

Measuring from the center of the hub to the outside of the caliper is 7 1/8. About 2 inches in from the outside of the caliper, there are some fins on the caliper that measure 7 1/4 from the center of the hub.

I think it will be VERY close with a spacer, assuming the inside of the rim doesn't overhang the caliper by over 2 inches (then I would get into the finned area).
Old 03-25-2002, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you order the front skinnies and if so did you get them to fit over your 13" brakes?