Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Vette FRC's ...need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vette FRC's ...need help

Alright, I have searched for a while and i really cant get a straight answer for how to make the plastic fuel rail covers that the vettes have fit on my 95 Lt1. I know that ppl have siad that there is trimming that needs to be done, but I would like to see if I can get a detailed description on how to make them work. And if you have pics i would like to see them too.

Again, I searched couldnt find anything for lt1s.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bump....anyone?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:47 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I honestly have never seen ls1 fuel rail covers on an lt1.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you mean LS1 FRC's, or LT1 FRC's?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i meant lt1 vette FRC's for my lt1.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I put them on my 93 LT1. If you have the right ones for your year and the 4 studs your ready to go. All you need is determination and patience.
First find the threaded holes for the studs and tighten them in (2 on each side). On the drivers side I had to unclamp and move some fuel lines out of the way to make room. For the Fuel Rail Covers (FRC) Start with the passenger side, it will require the least trimming. Mine needed an angular cut at the rear that follows the louvers on the FRC, and some room for one hose. Just keep test fitting and trimming a little at a time. The drivers side will need more work but at that point your committed to making it work.

In the end you might feel like you went through a heavy weight fight after all that leaning over the nose into the engine compartment but you'll have a KNOCKOUT! Trust me.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DriftR
I put them on my 93 LT1. If you have the right ones for your year and the 4 studs your ready to go. All you need is determination and patience.
First find the threaded holes for the studs and tighten them in (2 on each side). On the drivers side I had to unclamp and move some fuel lines out of the way to make room. For the Fuel Rail Covers (FRC) Start with the passenger side, it will require the least trimming. Mine needed an angular cut at the rear that follows the louvers on the FRC, and some room for one hose. Just keep test fitting and trimming a little at a time. The drivers side will need more work but at that point your committed to making it work.

In the end you might feel like you went through a heavy weight fight after all that leaning over the nose into the engine compartment but you'll have a KNOCKOUT! Trust me.
thanks a ton dude, i like my polished fuel rails but i just think these wouold really set off my engine bay and hide some of the little wires and such located whre the injectors are.

Do you have pics of urs installed?
Old 02-21-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by llorracs93s10
thanks a ton dude, i like my polished fuel rails but i just think these wouold really set off my engine bay and hide some of the little wires and such located whre the injectors are.

Do you have pics of urs installed?
Sorry, I don't have any pics (I'm bad like that).
I have (had) a video on Youtube that showed them but they pulled it for copyrighted material. I have to figure out where to host it again?
They are a huge improvement!

Quick Reply: Vette FRC's ...need help