Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Here we go - the Muffinbuster countdown - new pics daily

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, one other question, if we order the true zr1 emblems, can we pay like an extra 5 bucks to get another colored number, separately? I want the red colored lt1, zr1 emblem, but that is to match my brake calipers. Eventually I want to change the color of the calipers to ice blue like the stock colored zr1 logo. So if I could get that extra 1 in the blue color, I could just switch that instead of the entire emblem. Know what I mean?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could you post up some of the acrylic colors so i can choose quick, then right when u get ur license, i can order that day!
also, are you taking pre-orders??????
Old 03-09-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

Are you planning on putting any of this work onto your stainless door sills.
Also are you planning on doing anything for any trucks like silverados? or are you just sticking with cars?
Old 03-09-2009, 10:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Also, one other question, if we order the true zr1 emblems, can we pay like an extra 5 bucks to get another colored number, separately? I want the red colored lt1, zr1 emblem, but that is to match my brake calipers. Eventually I want to change the color of the calipers to ice blue like the stock colored zr1 logo. So if I could get that extra 1 in the blue color, I could just switch that instead of the entire emblem. Know what I mean?
Russ,

Once the letter is in, it ain't coming out without breaking something - I have tried it to make sure of the product durability. I don't want to reveal the secrets of the construction of the emblem, but trust me, it is pretty stout.

As far as coloring the etching, we can't do that with stainless. I wish we could, but we can't, and to my knowledge, it isn't possible.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
could you post up some of the acrylic colors so i can choose quick, then right when u get ur license, i can order that day!
also, are you taking pre-orders??????
I'll post a color sampler tomorrow. I can't take pre-orders at all. I have to wait until the licensing is finalized; very soon.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:35 PM
FormerVendor

Wink

Originally Posted by firehawk#682
Are you planning on putting any of this work onto your stainless door sills.
Also are you planning on doing anything for any trucks like silverados? or are you just sticking with cars?
I have some neat door sills made up, but it will require the purchaser to do some arts and crafts type things with them. I actually took a set and put some stainless Trans Am door emblems on them with a low-profile double-sided scotch tape so there was no visible tape in between the stainless. It isn't the strongest hold, but they aren't in the car permanently either, so it'll work, and look good while they are installed at shows and stuff.

We haven't gotten into trucks yet, but may soon. We have a 2005 Mustang GT in our driveway, and then a C6 in line to get some experiments done to them. We'll see where it goes from there, but we're thinking 2010 Camaro very soon, and we have one in line ASAP.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

any pics with the emblems on the door sills? ^^^ i have the door sills just haven't put them in yet.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 1BADTALS1
any pics with the emblems on the door sills? ^^^ i have the door sills just haven't put them in yet.
I'll post the pictures tomorrow. The stainless emblems on the stainless sills is really subtle, but it looks amazing. No etching could ever come close to loking this good. It gives the door sills life with a 3-dimensional look.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

The LTX "ZR1" emblem looks great, but I have a few questions. On the real ZR1 emblems, the last number (the one) is alot closer to the text then in the LTX emblem. I understand that because of the different letters that it won't look exactly the same, but I think if you moved the X closed to the LT and made the X slightly larger, it would make it look alot more like the ZR1 emblem. Here is my VERY rough Photochop of what I'm trying to explain:

You could probably even bring in the right side some, making the emblem even more compact and tight (like the ZR1 emblem).

I'm not bitching at all, I will most likely be ordering these emblems either way as they are BY FAR the best looking emblems I've ever seen for our cars. And actually the more I look at the original, the more I'm liking it the way it is. Something about the X is bugging me though.

Original:

Real ZR1:

Last edited by Counted Out; 03-10-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dragonZ28
I have some neat door sills made up, but it will require the purchaser to do some arts and crafts type things with them. I actually took a set and put some stainless Trans Am door emblems on them with a low-profile double-sided scotch tape so there was no visible tape in between the stainless. It isn't the strongest hold, but they aren't in the car permanently either, so it'll work, and look good while they are installed at shows and stuff.

We haven't gotten into trucks yet, but may soon. We have a 2005 Mustang GT in our driveway, and then a C6 in line to get some experiments done to them. We'll see where it goes from there, but we're thinking 2010 Camaro very soon, and we have one in line ASAP.
sweet that sounds cool cant wait to see!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

Question

So when is the earliest we could place custom orders based on some I your products listed here?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

corvette fill-ins?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 03_r6
corvette fill-ins?
C5 and C4 front and rear fill-ins will be available as will C6 rear fill-ins.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Counted Out
The LTX "ZR1" emblem looks great, but I have a few questions. On the real ZR1 emblems, the last number (the one) is alot closer to the text then in the LTX emblem. I understand that because of the different letters that it won't look exactly the same, but I think if you moved the X closed to the LT and made the X slightly larger, it would make it look alot more like the ZR1 emblem. Here is my VERY rough Photochop of what I'm trying to explain:

You could probably even bring in the right side some, making the emblem even more compact and tight (like the ZR1 emblem).

I'm not bitching at all, I will most likely be ordering these emblems either way as they are BY FAR the best looking emblems I've ever seen for our cars. And actually the more I look at the original, the more I'm liking it the way it is. Something about the X is bugging me though.
I don' think we'll change the design into that for tolerance reasons. The only thing I'd like to change is the color of the "X". I will end up using a cardinal red instead of that burgundy in the photos - it's all I had laying around at the time
Old 03-10-2009, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Dragon
So when is the earliest we could place custom orders based on some I your products listed here?
I have been instructed not to take payment for anything bearing logos yet, so I have to abide by their rules. It's getting close.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Launching!

You know this is a tease! Any recommendations on factory emblem removal?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

is it possible to get a side shot of the LOTB badges? do they have a thickness to them like the facrtory ones? Also what is the price for two emblems for tech members!!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:43 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SOMcockySS
You know this is a tease! Any recommendations on factory emblem removal?
Yup, I've removed OEM emblems too many times to count. A lot of people recommend dental floss, but it isn't necessary. Just heat the emblem up with a heat gun or blow dryer, and start to peel it off. It can be done with your fingertips, but it will not be comfortable. If you can get something under an egde that won't harm your paint, such as dental floss to get it started, finish it by hand. Whatever tape is left behind should be able to roll off with your fingers with a little effort. Make sure to wash and claybar the area afterward to remove any contaminants, and then prep the surface with alcohol for the new emblem.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MeangreenHD
is it possible to get a side shot of the LOTB badges? do they have a thickness to them like the facrtory ones? Also what is the price for two emblems for tech members!!
They do have body to them. They are not like the originals that are just domed-polyurethane. I hate the way those things look. Mine look like a real emblem. Not too thick, not too thin.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 AM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hey matt i know i asked you a little while back when we were discussing that other project but what would be the possiblity of making something like this checkered flag logo now that you have the licensing? these are oem ones that are some crap metal thats been chromed and they tend to flake/ pit. im on my second set. i have your stainless/ red ss emblems now and a nice emblem beneath it would be nice.

cross flag:

stainless ss emblem: you can see which one i mean its on the grill. i dont have any closer ones on the fenders. but i will need 2 more of those too for the fuel rail covers..you quit making those right after i bought them so i had to have brent franker make them for me in a sticker.

Quick Reply: Here we go - the Muffinbuster countdown - new pics daily