Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

The Spoiler Company issues continued... Need help guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 12:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
I don't think it looks too bad and what can you expect for what $250 or so painted and shipped? If you want better quality then you probably will need to pay more $$$ and get it from GM. I think it's a bargain for what they sell them for.
I agree it's a bargain. But when you have one guy who buys it and it looks perfect and then you have another guy that buys it and it looks terrible that's a problem. I'm going to give them one more chance to make it right but if it doesn't work out I'll go with OEM.

Thanks guys
Old 03-16-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a little offf topic, that color is awesome buddy!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I got the same spoiler I think. I sanded the edges of the spoiler so it didn't look so rounded compared to the straight edge of the hatch. The spoiler was quite wavy, I've done lots of bodywork to it.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good to hear you not accepting it as it. Whenever I spend money on something that is not up to snuff it really pisses me off. Its like someone is trying to steal the bucks right out of your wallet and betting you wont complain about it.

I dont know if your dead set on the LS1 style spoiler or not. Another option if you want OEM but dont want to break the bank is the LT1 spoiler. You can pick them up new really cheap. I got this one for $100 used and just had to pay to paint it. I originally did it because I couldnt afford and OEM LS1 style. Now that its been on for a while, I prefer it because its more unique. I think it suits the Z28 better.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^I like the look of the LT1 spoiler^^^ Looks clean without the post.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
a little offf topic, that color is awesome buddy!
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by LS1Zedder
Good to hear you not accepting it as it. Whenever I spend money on something that is not up to snuff it really pisses me off. Its like someone is trying to steal the bucks right out of your wallet and betting you wont complain about it.

I dont know if your dead set on the LS1 style spoiler or not. Another option if you want OEM but dont want to break the bank is the LT1 spoiler. You can pick them up new really cheap. I got this one for $100 used and just had to pay to paint it. I originally did it because I couldnt afford and OEM LS1 style. Now that its been on for a while, I prefer it because its more unique. I think it suits the Z28 better.

Looks pretty good man! I'm just kinda partial to the SS LS1 spoiler... Thanks for the suggestion though!
Old 03-16-2009, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1Zedder

Where'd you pick that up though? Just curious. Or where can you get them new?
Old 03-16-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine has rounded edges too. The drivers side bolt holes lined up for me but the passengers side were off so I took a file and made the holes in the hatch larger to get them to line up. Then I had to re-thread the passenger side holes in the spoiler because the screw wouldnt go in. With a little work I'm pretty pleased with the way it fits I'll take some pics of the corners of mine to show you. I had a damaged one before this one and sent it back and was just happy to not have a smashed one!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

SLP had those LT1 spoilers on clearance a couple years ago for 150 bucks or something. Being from Canada I knew the shipping would be stupid so I called SLP Canada.

www.zekesauto.com

These are the guys that actually converted the Firehawk and SS cars. I figured they could order one for me. They couldn't, but even better they had some used ones there that they wanted to get rid of. I picked one up for $100 bucks CAN, which would be around 75-80 US at the current rate. It even came in the right colour but it was nasty looking and scratched. I had it painted at my local dealer.

Quick Reply: The Spoiler Company issues continued... Need help guys