Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

6LE Grille is almost finished... FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can make it form the the shape of the bumper a bit more, I think it would look great. I mean, it already looks good, but it needs to be fine tuned a bit. It definitely looks muscular and fits the look of the car very well.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ends need to be turned in more - to match bumper shape better - maybe move it back in the bumper a bit too (if possible). But I like where it is going.

Last edited by SparkyJJO; 03-30-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: I kant speel lol
Old 03-30-2009, 12:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
If you can make it form the the shape of the bumper a bit more, I think it would look great. I mean, it already looks good, but it needs to be fine tuned a bit. It definitely looks muscular and fits the look of the car very well.
This man speaks the truth. I think the idea looks great, even being in raw form it looks pretty good, just needs some fine tuning...
Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Ends need to be turned in more - to match bumper shape better - maybe move it back in the bummer a bit too (if possible). But I like where it is going.
+ 2, I like the prototype - would be much better if it were more tapered. If you really wanted to cut costs you could simply sell the template, materials and tell people to assemble it themselves...

If you can get it a bit more tapered, I will buy one.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 7plagues
hmm....It looks really really cool, but i would prefer if it was a little more tapered and curved to the body lines. the idea of griding is amazing.
My only complaint as well. Seems as the closer towards the right or left side of the grille it seems to not curve in with the body lines as much. Each side should be recessed back some. Just my .02!!

Regardless, I'm sure I will end up buying one and a splitter in the near future.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I definitely am planning to tweak the following:

Curvature of ALL the bars (not sure if I will curve them or angle them but I can do either just as easily on the waterjet)...

Angle of the support bars (I like the angle of the top and bottom but the middle parts angle too much and look weird and choppy)...

Work on the length of the bars and their ends (cut angle, round, leave blocky, REVERSE the cut angle, etc...)...

When I have a finished piece I plan to offer it in:

EL CHEAPO... I send you ABS pieces, you put it together.

Aluminum... Raw aluminum cut and welded together.

Aluminum Powder Coat Black

And if there is a market (and it is even possible to do) I might have one made out of polyurethane by my CME guy...
Old 03-30-2009, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds awesome! Defenitly different and i am sure the finished product will be awesome!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Yea I would say it could turn out great if it was curved instead of just straight and angled like it it is now
Old 03-30-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its still rough but i like the design. should look amazing when you are done with it
Old 03-30-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I definitely am planning to tweak the following:

Curvature of ALL the bars (not sure if I will curve them or angle them but I can do either just as easily on the waterjet)...

Angle of the support bars (I like the angle of the top and bottom but the middle parts angle too much and look weird and choppy)...

Work on the length of the bars and their ends (cut angle, round, leave blocky, REVERSE the cut angle, etc...)...

When I have a finished piece I plan to offer it in:

EL CHEAPO... I send you ABS pieces, you put it together.

Aluminum... Raw aluminum cut and welded together.

Aluminum Powder Coat Black

And if there is a market (and it is even possible to do) I might have one made out of polyurethane by my CME guy...
I think there might be another option for a finished product, I will send you a PM with the details
Old 03-30-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Veteran

got any closer shots of it, simple profile shot and front on shot would help a lot.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Ends need to be turned in more - to match bumper shape better - maybe move it back in the bumper a bit too (if possible). But I like where it is going.
my thoughts aswell
Old 03-30-2009, 09:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

this would be a bad *** looking grill...if it followed the cotours of the body. right now it just looks way to squared of. if t had the same curvature of the billet grills it would look great.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
that doesnt help us trans am owners.
F#@$ you T/A guys LOL you allready got the best that GM had to offer on the F bodys,,,, and us camaro guys got the left overs and I own a 35th LE to boot LOL Sit in a T/A and sit in a SS and youll know what im talking about LOL Bitches!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by barnat
F#@$ you T/A guys LOL you allready got the best that GM had to offer on the F bodys,,,, and us camaro guys got the left overs and I own a 35th LE to boot LOL Sit in a T/A and sit in a SS and youll know what im talking about LOL Bitches!!!
oh i know. trust me i know. this i why i have owned 4 trans am. and not one camaro. lol
Old 03-31-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry man, i usually love all your work. but you may have to let this one go. unless you actually cut the center piece of the bumper completely out. this may be good to go infront of an intercooler. but the way it sets on your car it looks like a catfish with braces.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Good work!

I think it just needs to sit a bit deeper in, the horizontal bars gotta be a bit longer to fill the whole gap and also make them follow a bit more the bumper curve, looks like they're poping out a bit on the side.

Good deal that I'm looking for a grill atm, I might wait a bit longer to see what it turns out =)
Old 03-31-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

hmmm interesting idea. not sure it fits well with the general curves of the car though.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if you could work something up for me out of ABS? To bad we don't live closer. I bought your Konis off you BTW if you remember!

Here's what I have. I wonder if the curves follow the curves of camaro bumpers at all? (Maybe I could get one of your ABS Camaro kits when there done and make it work!)

Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ i've been contemplating somthing similar to your bumper. Can you send me a link to all the pics you have?

Quick Reply: 6LE Grille is almost finished... FINALLY!