Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removed The Side Molding Off My Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Removed The Side Molding Off My Camaro

finally decided to remove the side molding off my 01 z28. it was pretty easy. just heat up the plastic with a blow dryer and pull it off. then pick the glue off of the body. once your done clean it up and use some polish.

WITH THE SIDE MOLDING

WITHOUT THE SIDE MOLDING

Old 04-08-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job! It looks alot better without it!
Old 04-08-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

^ times two
Old 04-08-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys... ya if your not to worried about getting dings from other peoples doors. i would suggest you do it. well worth it
Old 04-08-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks better, I want to do this but scared my old *** paint will be different colors. DoggyB needs to borrow someone's porter cable
Old 04-08-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

i did it and last fall some *** in an EMPTY kfc parking lot (im on the far side also) somehow scratches right by where the molding/badge goes. I'm still amazed how it could have happened.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

i always wondered what delete side moldings was...lol. I might do htat with my T/A because my driverd side molding has a scratch in it. Anyway, it looks a lot better that way.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

looks good man, that was 1 of the 1st things i did when i got my ss. looks so much better with the molding off.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Teching In

Looks good, just need to ditch the RS kit now... And detail that thing!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chavez885
Looks better, I want to do this but scared my old *** paint will be different colors. DoggyB needs to borrow someone's porter cable
i was scared to do it to my 95 camaro also...i was afraid of ruining the paint...but i finally got the courage and did it and i have to say its much better with out it...very noticeable on the white cars...and seriously you dont need to worry about the paint...i used a hair dryer and ripped of the olding and then sprayed the glue down with Bug and Tar Remover and let it soak for about 10 minutes and then used a rag and rubbed off all the residue...best appearence mod to do...cuz its free lol
Old 04-09-2009, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

wow, dude, did you steal my car and chrome the wheels? Your car is almost the same as mine, except mine is debadged and lowered. I just took the side moldings off my car also. crazy
Old 04-09-2009, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks

Originally Posted by SNEKATK
Looks good, just need to ditch the RS kit now... And detail that thing!
yea once i get the money im going to remove the RS kit i tried taking them off but it leaves holes so i need to get the filled in and repainted.

Originally Posted by mrburnout81
wow, dude, did you steal my car and chrome the wheels? Your car is almost the same as mine, except mine is debadged and lowered. I just took the side moldings off my car also. crazy
haha yea really close! how you liking the headlights? you should tint your lights. im just blackening everything out. going to get some black with chrome lip torque thrusts soon.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DoggyB22

haha yea really close! how you liking the headlights? you should tint your lights. im just blackening everything out. going to get some black with chrome lip torque thrusts soon.
Yea, I have vht'd my taillights, side markers, and front turn signals. Still need to do the third brake light. I am blackin out everything also. Still undecided on what rims to go with, i'm sure they will be black. I have had issue's with my lights, one of the halos stopped working, well i finally got parts to fix them and i broke one of the actual bulbs. I can't find anywhere to get them. So i'm gonna do something custom with them. Right now, I have just the halo around the low beam on, and the led's are working with my turn signals.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks guys... ya if your not to worried about getting dings from other peoples doors. i would suggest you do it. well worth it
Well our cars are low enough seems many door dings end up higher than the molding anyway. Noticed that on my car
Old 04-10-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrburnout81
Yea, I have vht'd my taillights, side markers, and front turn signals. Still need to do the third brake light. I am blackin out everything also. Still undecided on what rims to go with, i'm sure they will be black. I have had issue's with my lights, one of the halos stopped working, well i finally got parts to fix them and i broke one of the actual bulbs. I can't find anywhere to get them. So i'm gonna do something custom with them. Right now, I have just the halo around the low beam on, and the led's are working with my turn signals.
yea just recently my right one FRIED! literally lifted up the hood and they were smoking.. wiped out everything in my car... one day i came home, then was heading back out and my car wouldnt start. burnt up some fuses... all my interior electrical wasnt working. radio, dash board etc. and my tail lights werent working also.. next day i tried to figure it out and the halos were caused my fuses to burn out because i guess the way the headlights are wired.. i dont know. ive see two different types of these headlights and i guess mine were like the first ones.. but so i just unplugged the halos and led. in which i really loved the look of them so ill be buying some new ones soon and hopefully they were burn up my fuses again.

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Well our cars are low enough seems many door dings end up higher than the molding anyway. Noticed that on my car
haha yea that is true..
Old 04-11-2009, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

yea just recently my right one FRIED! literally lifted up the hood and they were smoking.. wiped out everything in my car... one day i came home, then was heading back out and my car wouldnt start. burnt up some fuses... all my interior electrical wasnt working. radio, dash board etc. and my tail lights werent working also.. next day i tried to figure it out and the halos were caused my fuses to burn out because i guess the way the headlights are wired.. i dont know. ive see two different types of these headlights and i guess mine were like the first ones.. but so i just unplugged the halos and led. in which i really loved the look of them so ill be buying some new ones soon and hopefully they were burn up my fuses again.
Wow, thats crazy. mine just stopped working out of nowhere. other than that I haven't had anymore problems with them.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha yea... i was pretty lucky that nothing else happened.... but ya im just going to replace them
Old 04-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Launching!

looks really good i love the deleted side moldings on camaro's. maybe think about the bodykit delete mod!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

looks good makes it look so much cleaner
Old 04-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Teching In

i just recently removed mine and i wasnt so lucky. once i had the passenger side all removed and cleaned up, i found a hole behind the drivers side moulding! talk about bad luck
Attached Thumbnails Removed The Side Molding Off My Camaro-img_0052.jpg   Removed The Side Molding Off My Camaro-img_0053.jpg  

Quick Reply: Removed The Side Molding Off My Camaro