Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Gauge Cluster Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Cluster Problem

Hey guys whats up. Got a question about my recently installed gauge overlays i purchased. I purchased the Gauge overlays that 6litereater was selling in the gp4 group purchase for my 1998 Trans am ws6. Heres the problem. I marked my needles before i removed the old cluster and after i installed the new overlays i put the needles back to there spots i had marked. But now when i start the car and run it the needles are all off, and my mph needle is not moving. Any ideas for a fix? Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks, Chris
Old 04-16-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

Hey i readjusted mine with the were on the car. you can just take the lense off and adjust them on the car and the key on. Thats what i did and it worked fine.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by firehawk#682
Hey i readjusted mine with the were on the car. you can just take the lense off and adjust them on the car and the key on. Thats what i did and it worked fine.
Cool, I'll give that a try. The one needle that bothered me was the MPH needle. It wasnt moving at all the last time i tried. Dont think i broke or twisted anythings o i hope everythings ok with that. Thanks for the advice
Old 04-16-2009, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

I did that too just adjust when the car is on worked fine. Went to the gas station and filled up and placed that needle on FULL.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by djlackore
I did that too just adjust when the car is on worked fine. Went to the gas station and filled up and placed that needle on FULL.
Cool, thanks for the advice. So basically you guys put the temp, oil at zero on initial start up, and battery around 13 volts? just curious
Old 04-17-2009, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

I warmed my car up so the temp was around 205 and ya the battery was just over 13 volts. As for my mph i was 22 mph slow i checked it with the gps so i just moved it that much and checked it again and it was rite on'
Old 04-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by firehawk#682
I warmed my car up so the temp was around 205 and ya the battery was just over 13 volts. As for my mph i was 22 mph slow i checked it with the gps so i just moved it that much and checked it again and it was rite on'
Followed your advice and used my gps to get an accurate reading on the MPH. Worked great. Thanks for the help guys. Everything seems to be working and back to normal
Old 04-17-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

good to hear!

Quick Reply: Gauge Cluster Problem