Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Side Splitters ready for sale...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009 | 12:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
there was an LS1 TA the other day with them?
Duh! I'm an idiot... I forgot Andros has his canards already !!!
Old 07-21-2009 | 12:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fxgs
Here's some photos of the canards mounted on my black SS. Due to the SS being black they are hard to see in the photos but in person readily visable.
I've been to a few car show since mounting and have gotten alot of positive comments/questions from people who own different makes of vehicles.
Another caveat is that I've noticed very little, if any, dusting on my rear qurters since mounting

I want to have sex with your car... If you'll sport it (if you want it) I'll buy the 6LE badge for you, your car is so friggin hot...
Old 07-21-2009 | 01:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I want to have sex with your car... If you'll sport it (if you want it) I'll buy the 6LE badge for you, your car is so friggin hot...
Thank you, thank you..............I'd wear the badge with pride..........
Old 07-21-2009 | 03:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Yup I'm going to lock it down on us 6 and make a page for us. I'll offer them again later but making this a special registry (like there were numbered Dick Harrel cars but one prototype, etc...)...
where is the registry going mark?
Old 07-21-2009 | 03:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Jesus guys im trying to be patient but yall are NOT HELPING!!!!
Old 07-21-2009 | 11:24 AM
Banned

^^I'm going to start it on the forum. Have a format for you guys to copy and post of your cars (pics, etc...). Then I'll have my web guy put it up.
Old 07-22-2009 | 04:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Canards only. check is in the mail
Old 07-24-2009 | 03:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey mark, am i getting the canards that go behind the rear wheel ( total of 6) or the 4 that go in front of all 4 wheels?

Im picking up wheel spacers this weekend, prob a fender this weekend ( mine broke and i never botherd to replace it till now, im gonna be pimpin my 6le package to the best of my ability!) and theyll go on next week, pending canards and hardware.
Old 07-24-2009 | 04:04 AM
Banned

^^This is only for the four. I only had time to make one set of mud guards and they went straight to Mark (fxgs). I can make a set if you want though, I'll hook you up at cost.
Old 07-24-2009 | 04:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^This is only for the four. I only had time to make one set of mud guards and they went straight to Mark (fxgs). I can make a set if you want though, I'll hook you up at cost.
if ya dont mind may as well round out the look ya know?

Im so stoked about all of this, there in my bedroom and everytime i see em i wanna go put em on but i refuse to put em on till its completed. Im making sure it looks its best from the word go.

Has anybody tried any kind of high speed with em? Like say 140+? im interested to know how well they help the aerodynamics of the car, also dont wanna tear em off on accident.
A thought that came to me the other night was to put the adjustable braces from the bumper to splitter. Kinda like the NASCAR body. Not real sure how that might look but i was thinking in the shower lol.
Old 07-24-2009 | 04:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
if ya dont mind may as well round out the look ya know?

Im so stoked about all of this, there in my bedroom and everytime i see em i wanna go put em on but i refuse to put em on till its completed. Im making sure it looks its best from the word go.

Has anybody tried any kind of high speed with em? Like say 140+? im interested to know how well they help the aerodynamics of the car, also dont wanna tear em off on accident.
A thought that came to me the other night was to put the adjustable braces from the bumper to splitter. Kinda like the NASCAR body. Not real sure how that might look but i was thinking in the shower lol.
Aerodynamics are a hot issue on here I'm leaving alone... My personal opinion and experience is that the front splitter helps GREATLY at high speeds and that the side splitters do nothing.

The canards are for looks, they are not for aero the way I make them...

ALL OF THE PIECES have gone 150+ with no problems as far as stability goes. The front splitter definitely does NOT need the bars you mention. What I send it with keeps it on with NO FLEX at 140+ on 3 cars that I have seen personally.
Old 07-24-2009 | 05:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Aerodynamics are a hot issue on here I'm leaving alone... My personal opinion and experience is that the front splitter helps GREATLY at high speeds and that the side splitters do nothing.

The canards are for looks, they are not for aero the way I make them...

ALL OF THE PIECES have gone 150+ with no problems as far as stability goes. The front splitter definitely does NOT need the bars you mention. What I send it with keeps it on with NO FLEX at 140+ on 3 cars that I have seen personally.
Nice

from how aero has been explained to me the canards will help anyway, they will force the air around the tire rather than let it under. side splitters look wicked no matter what and i thought of the bars as purely for looks too.

The abs plastic you make them out of is WAY more sturdy than the pictures show, plus its mounted flush with too many fastner's to get flimsy even with that amount of pressure.

what kinds of help have yall noticed with stability at high speed?

They're all going on my car no matter what! Im just askin questions cuz im a little bored haha I cant wait to be the only guy for 1000+ miles with em
Old 07-24-2009 | 05:16 AM
Banned

Car just feels more planted at high speeds. Even my wife, when I put her GTO splitter on, commented that her car felt more stable and "stuck to the road" at highway speeds (100mph in Cali, lol) the next day. "Is it supposed to do that?" she asks, lol.

Anyways, I definitely noticed that on mine as did all my friends. I never mentioned it to her and she noticed it so I don't think it is mental.

Here's the video I made as a joke but the physics are real...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk15OKB7qAs
Old 07-24-2009 | 05:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Car just feels more planted at high speeds. Even my wife, when I put her GTO splitter on, commented that her car felt more stable and "stuck to the road" at highway speeds (100mph in Cali, lol) the next day. "Is it supposed to do that?" she asks, lol.

Anyways, I definitely noticed that on mine as did all my friends. I never mentioned it to her and she noticed it so I don't think it is mental.

Here's the video I made as a joke but the physics are real...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk15OKB7qAs
Old 07-24-2009 | 05:31 AM
Launching!

Don't worry, mine didn't come off at speed
And if you recall my earlier post after I mounted my canards , I had almost zero dusting on my rear quarters after mounting them.
Old 07-24-2009 | 05:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by fxgs
Don't worry, mine didn't come off at speed
And if you recall my earlier post after I mounted my canards , I had almost zero dusting on my rear quarters after mounting them.
yeah thats why i just orderd the mud guards lol, they look clean on your car.

As for the speed thing, I promise ill find out for myself- in Mexico of course

We should have a meet between the six of us haha. meet up in AR or CO or something and have some fun with the twisties take pics with scenery etc. be kinda neat.

btw fxgs your car looks sweet, i hope mine comes out half that good.
Old 07-24-2009 | 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

scary how much we look alike, not to mention the similarities in the cars.....
Attached Thumbnails Side Splitters ready for sale...-0724090550.jpg  
Old 07-28-2009 | 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey mark, has the hardware you sent to me been returned to you? i havent seen it yet and i know my mail mail carrier isnt much of a thinker. shed return it to sender instead of giving it to the office or leaving it at the local post office and leaving me a note.
Old 07-28-2009 | 02:29 AM
Banned

Hey mark, has the hardware you sent to me been returned to you? i havent seen it yet and i know my mail mail carrier isnt much of a thinker. shed return it to sender instead of giving it to the office or leaving it at the local post office and leaving me a note.
I totally forgot that I had said I was mailing separately, I ended up putting all the hardware in the same box, you should have it all...
Old 07-28-2009 | 02:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

doh! not anymore.....:/

Quick Reply: Side Splitters ready for sale...