Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Turtle wax ice products

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turtle wax is crap. theres been a very long thread about this. mothers is incredibly shinier and protects better. mothers is the best you can get at an auto store.

Last edited by Flaring Afro; 05-29-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Launching!

^ yeah pretty much, where im at there's quite a bit of acid rain and I've tried everything out there from zymol to turtle wax ice, you know all the supermart waxes and everyone of them are done with in a week. even the nxt wax, i dont know why everyone raves about it, i just like the smell of it.
thats why im afraid to buy a expensive tropicare or zaino product.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

I like their paste wax, but the rest of there products are of the lower quality (HINT: never ever buy their wheel and tire cleaner with the brush. water thats been dried and spotted on the chrome look better than what this product can do.) but here's a picture of my car with the ice PASTE wax not that liquid crap. ::disclaimer: no other turtle wax ice product were used in the detailing of this car.
Attached Thumbnails Turtle wax ice products-dsc05339.jpg  
Old 05-29-2009, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransAmdriv3r
^ yeah pretty much, where im at there's quite a bit of acid rain and I've tried everything out there from zymol to turtle wax ice, you know all the supermart waxes and everyone of them are done with in a week. even the nxt wax, i dont know why everyone raves about it, i just like the smell of it.
thats why im afraid to buy a expensive tropicare or zaino product.
I've never known the zymol wax to last very long, at least not what you can buy in stores, its just a cleaner wax. It needs a topcoat sealer type wax to last anytime at all. The higher carnuba content should make it last longer than most others though.. *shrug*

Does mothers have a quick detailer? Seems like I don't remember advance having a mothers detail spray
Old 05-29-2009, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RacingTiger03
Does mothers have a quick detailer? Seems like I don't remember advance having a mothers detail spray
yeah its called Mothers California Gold Showtime Instant Detailer. I'm not sure if advance carries it but Ive seen it around.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 847 Likes on 648 Posts

TW ICE polish turns yellowish in the bottle. Mothers makes much better products. The MF towels in the ICE line are quite nice though.

Quick Reply: Turtle wax ice products