Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Battle of the Hatches
Firebird Hatch
22.03%
Trans Am Hatch
77.97%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Should I put the Firebird/Formula hatch back on my Firebird?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On that car leave the TA Hatch because it flows better with the W68 gfx kit than the stock. Also get a Firehawk or Raptor hood & that would really set the car off.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Don't take this the wrong way or nothin but why are you doing a bunch of stuff to this car? You said u wish u had a ls1 under the hood. For the price of a ls1 ta, it wouldn't be worth buying a ls1 to drop in. I would stop modding your car with spoilers and such and sell it and buy the car you really want. Yea, I love my old firebird v6 too... the ls1 trans am makes me forget that I even had a previous v6 firebird.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

once you put the TA hatch on, there is no looking back
Old 06-01-2009, 04:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TA hatch FTW
Old 06-01-2009, 06:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
Don't take this the wrong way or nothin but why are you doing a bunch of stuff to this car? You said u wish u had a ls1 under the hood. For the price of a ls1 ta, it wouldn't be worth buying a ls1 to drop in. I would stop modding your car with spoilers and such and sell it and buy the car you really want. Yea, I love my old firebird v6 too... the ls1 trans am makes me forget that I even had a previous v6 firebird.
The hatch was only $100. I am not doing an LS1 swap. I couldn't do it myself and it would cost a lot of money to do so. I am still paying on this car and beside the fact that it is a V6 I love it. Its also my first car and I have no plans on selling it anytime soon. When the time comes that I do sell(3-4 years). Im not going to buy a 10+ year old car when that time comes anyways. I would buy something much newer and faster than an LS1 Trans Am. This car only has 50k miles and its not going anywhere for a while.

Last edited by tmc2k1; 06-01-2009 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would go with the FB cause I like the look of the FB but I also love the look of the ta so it's really up to you..........So this was pointless.......lol
Old 06-01-2009, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

TA is by far the better looking IMO.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it looks great! Don't you dare put a Firebird hatch back on it.

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
Are you kidding? Stop modding your only car to try and sell it in a market where nobody can buy it, for probably around $4,000... To be upside-down on the payment and then try and buy a car that is $6,000+?

I myself will be doing an LS swap as soon as I can get a job again. I couldn't before now (even though the car has been paid off since day 1). LS swaps can cost less than $2,000 if you find a good donor car - I don't have to tell you that most running LS1 cars cost above $5,000...

Last edited by ZexGX; 06-04-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

um..yeah selling is the best way to go. firebirds are rare enough you'll find someone that wants it. T/As sell for 5k+ now, and you'd get the monsoon system (aka better panels) and leather interior, assuming he doesnt have that upgrade. plus other little things here and there that make it better.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
um..yeah selling is the best way to go. firebirds are rare enough you'll find someone that wants it. T/As sell for 5k+ now, and you'd get the monsoon system (aka better panels) and leather interior, assuming he doesnt have that upgrade. plus other little things here and there that make it better.
I didn't make this thread about selling my car. I am not selling the car. Trans Am's that sell for $5k are generally high mileage and in shitty condition. I would not be interested in buying a car EVER with more than 50k miles. It would be nice to have an LS1, but I am not going to sell my car to do so. My Firebird is fully loaded with monsoon/leather etc.

This thread is about the hatch. If you have nothing to comment on that then don't post in this thread at all.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Teching In

I would say stick with the T/A hatch...never did like the firebird one, not did I ever like the front bumper, but I have seen like an aftermarket lip that makes the firebird rear spoiler a lil nicer, its like and additional piece that give it some style that is worthy of some compliments.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
This thread is about the hatch. If you have nothing to comment on that then don't post in this thread at all.
It was already completely off topic. Im not the one who started it.

And i voted to keep the T/A hatch.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I like the lowlying look of the Firebird hatch but I think the TA hatch definitely looks good.

I think that if you lowered the car, even an inch it would make the car look a lot better and would take the spoiler a LOT better. Right now the *** end looks very tall. If you lower the car it'll have a nice low effect like the Firebird one does.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Remove the ground effects /// Keep the T/A hatch /// Drop her 1"
and you'll have a sexy FB
Old 06-04-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Regular

Do Not Want.. I look for the TA Skirts and Bumpers each time I see that. I mean the TA hatch looks good but I think that the W68 really throws it off. The bumpers and the kit make the car look very rounded. and that hatch is very straight on, sharp lines. Really makes the car look funny to me.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Flaring Afro
It was already completely off topic. Im not the one who started it.

And i voted to keep the T/A hatch.

Yeah, I shouldn't have commented anything towards you. You were just going with the flow of what was being talked about. I just didn't want it to get more off topic than it already was.

ALSO, I am NOT going to remove the ground effects! They are a rare factory option for my car and it makes Firebird's look SO much better.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1 Bad *** Formula
On that car leave the TA Hatch because it flows better with the W68 gfx kit than the stock. Also get a Firehawk or Raptor hood & that would really set the car off.
x2 on the hood. I say hold on to the stock and TA spoilers for now and focus on getting a different hood. A Raptor/WS6/Firehawk hood could be the make it or break it for either spoiler.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pace
x2 on the hood. I say hold on to the stock and TA spoilers for now and focus on getting a different hood. A Raptor/WS6/Firehawk hood could be the make it or break it for either spoiler.
No hood. A hood cost too much and plus paint.

Also, I would NEVER do a WS6 hood AND the TA hatch. I do not want to clone a Trans Am.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:56 PM

I vote for the TA hatch, i think the firebird one looks stubby and weird. It might work more it had the extender that made it come back farther and higher (iroc style i guess dont really know what its called) Also +1 for the body kit i kinda like it specially from the front but it could use to be lowered.

Also one question. Am I retarded or does your car only have T-tops in one pic?
Old 06-05-2009, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
No hood. A hood cost too much and plus paint.

Also, I would NEVER do a WS6 hood AND the TA hatch. I do not want to clone a Trans Am.
you really shouldnt do a hood (esp ws6) at all with a v6 anyways. thats going to be poser...

Quick Reply: Should I put the Firebird/Formula hatch back on my Firebird?