Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Battle of the Hatches
Firebird Hatch
22.03%
Trans Am Hatch
77.97%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Should I put the Firebird/Formula hatch back on my Firebird?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should I put the Firebird/Formula hatch back on my Firebird?

Here are some pics of the before/after. I currently have the TA hatch, but I am kind of missing the old one as I believed it looked/flowed better but my mind is still not made up. There are a lot of times when I like the TA hatch, but a lot of the time I miss my old one. What do you guys think? Please don't just say KEEP THE TA HATCH because you overall like that spoiler better. I want to know which one looks better and fits my car is it sits. Thanks!!

Before

After

Sorry for all the pics! I just wanted to get all the angles covered. If you guys need anymore angles I will gladly upload more pics!

Thanks for your opinions!!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Rockstar

I like the FB hatch cause it is nice and low, outtof the way. But it just makes the back look fat and chunky, sortof reminds me of a ford tarus.
Voted for TA hatch, it just makes the car look badass. And it seems to flow with the lines better.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always preferred the TA hatch over the firebird one. But there's a ton of people who get mad at firebirds "pretending" to be a trans am. You get my vote for the TA one though. Just seems to flow better and break up the car more instead of having one solid look for the back end.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think with the ground effects the TA wing helps keep it all "balanced". I say stick with it.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by latindragons
I have always preferred the TA hatch over the firebird one. But there's a ton of people who get mad at firebirds "pretending" to be a trans am. You get my vote for the TA one though. Just seems to flow better and break up the car more instead of having one solid look for the back end.
That is what tends to **** me off the most. I hate when people say "Stop imitating a Trans Am"
Old 05-30-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Regular

take off the ground effects and leave on the trans am hatch it will look badass trust me
Old 05-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Launching!

i like the TA hatch better. i had a 96 red firebird and i bought a TA hatch for it. looks alot better IMO.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1994formulalt1
take off the ground effects and leave on the trans am hatch it will look badass trust me
Yea there you go, look EXACTLY like all the other firebirds out there, good job. Thats a very rare factory option W68 kit and it needs to STAY exactly where it is, you'd be dumb to take it off. If for whatever reason you ever do, look me up. You CANT find those and if you go the dealership itll be around $4,000 to get it. As for spoilers, i like the base one better, but the base back on and get a mecham lip. Really set your car off. You really need some chrome deep dish 5 points. Your car looks great i always wanted a W68 but i had to have the v-8 no body kit is worth an LS1 if you have a choice you know?
Old 05-30-2009, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
Here are some pics of the before/after. I currently have the TA hatch, but I am kind of missing the old one as I believed it looked/flowed better but my mind is still not made up. There are a lot of times when I like the TA hatch, but a lot of the time I miss my old one. What do you guys think? Please don't just say KEEP THE TA HATCH because you overall like that spoiler better. I want to know which one looks better and fits my car is it sits. Thanks!!

Sorry for all the pics! I just wanted to get all the angles covered. If you guys need anymore angles I will gladly upload more pics!

Thanks for your opinions!!
Voted Firebird hatch....not into it. Although I like the TA look for obvious reasons (see sig lol)....just not on the six's...
Old 05-30-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1994formulalt1
I wouldn't of even bought the car if it didnt have the W68 ground kit. I'll leave it at that.

Originally Posted by evilZO6
Yea there you go, look EXACTLY like all the other firebirds out there, good job. Thats a very rare factory option W68 kit and it needs to STAY exactly where it is, you'd be dumb to take it off. If for whatever reason you ever do, look me up. You CANT find those and if you go the dealership itll be around $4,000 to get it. As for spoilers, i like the base one better, but the base back on and get a mecham lip. Really set your car off. You really need some chrome deep dish 5 points. Your car looks great i always wanted a W68 but i had to have the v-8 no body kit is worth an LS1 if you have a choice you know?
Hell yeah! I would never choose a body kit over an LS1! I wish I had one under the hood
Old 05-31-2009, 04:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't of even bought the car if it didnt have the W68 ground kit. I'll leave it at that.

Hell yeah! I would never choose a body kit over an LS1! I wish I had one under the hood

So put one under there!! Its not hard its simply a mental block. You can save the money fairly easily becuase the LS1 is getting cheaper everyday. Think about all those imports out there who have an LS1 and you dont, dont you think your engine bay deserves it more? THEN GO GET IT!!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Purple95Z28
I think with the ground effects the TA wing helps keep it all "balanced". I say stick with it.
my thoughts exactly
Old 05-31-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd keep the t/a hatch too.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by latindragons
But there's a ton of people who get mad at firebirds "pretending" to be a trans am.
Those ppl are in denial that there trans am isnt a firebird. There is a camaro and a firebird PERIOD
Old 05-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Launching!

looks good, take off the ground effects and paint ur wheels black
Old 05-31-2009, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

Leave the T/A hatch, it helps your ground effects. Although, it would look good without the ground effects too.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

keep the ta hatch
Old 05-31-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

TA Hatch
Old 05-31-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I honestly don't even know how you can look at your old FB hatch and actually want it back.

T/A hatch=HOT
FB hatch=Plain Jane

Actaully.... the FB hatch isn't that bad..... it's just the T/A hatch looks so much better!!!!

The one thing that kills me.... is that they actually made 2 differant hatchs. What in the hell was the Pontiac designer thinking????? It would have been a lot cheaper to make one hatch design and simply put a differant spoiler on for the FB and T/A.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by evilZO6
So put one under there!! Its not hard its simply a mental block. You can save the money fairly easily becuase the LS1 is getting cheaper everyday. Think about all those imports out there who have an LS1 and you dont, dont you think your engine bay deserves it more? THEN GO GET IT!!!!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...gine-sale.html

Quick Reply: Should I put the Firebird/Formula hatch back on my Firebird?