Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Rear SLP Bilsteins/Heater Hose mod done

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Striker
So did you put the isolator back in if it was so bad?

Did anyone else do this mod and notice a big difference. Im sure their in there for a reason.
Yes I put them back in when installed the Strano springs. I made sure I installed the isolaters. Everybody is different but I felt a big difference after doing the mod I left it on for six months but its not my daily driver. Here is the thing I did not want to lower my car cause of a crappy ride but after reading all the posts I decided to and could not be more happier with the Strano springs I recommend you do it.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like no hose mod for me either. Springs only. If the ride is that much harsher without them, id rather leave em in.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker
Did anyone else do this mod and notice a big difference. Im sure their in there for a reason.
I noticed a huge cornering ability increase, does that count? Was driving up to Big Bear, CA taking 25 corners at 60-70 without making the tires squeal... Then again it probably helps that I have a bunch of other suspension mods. Just doing the hose mod really woke up my car's handling and fixed the mild oversteer problem it had. Now it either grips on all four or it doesn't. I actually ended up going to a slightly softer rear spring at the same time too so the ride is smoother than it was before, in addition to being much lower.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by '00_Z
Looks good, I need shocks too and will most likely do the heater hose mod then. Hows the shifter handle working out for ya Hitman?
works great, couldnt be happier
Old 06-10-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I noticed a huge cornering ability increase, does that count? Was driving up to Big Bear, CA taking 25 corners at 60-70 without making the tires squeal... Then again it probably helps that I have a bunch of other suspension mods. Just doing the hose mod really woke up my car's handling and fixed the mild oversteer problem it had. Now it either grips on all four or it doesn't. I actually ended up going to a slightly softer rear spring at the same time too so the ride is smoother than it was before, in addition to being much lower.
i noticed a lot better handling as well

Quick Reply: Rear SLP Bilsteins/Heater Hose mod done