Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Satin Black T/A with Gloss Black Accents???

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by my bandit
i really like that first pic i posted. im not looking towards the gray looking satin. i want it a dark black.

people say that a car should only have a shine.
1st everyone that has a black t/a has a black t/a they all pretty much look the same. i wanna be different.
2nd its not gonna be as much of a pain in the *** to keep clean. i dont have much time to fully detail my car to perfection once a week.
3rd its still gonna have some sort of shine to it
Not so sure on your "2nd" statement. I think it will be more of a PITA then with a glossy clear coated car. From what I've gathered you will actually polish the car every time you clean, wash, do whatever to it. Thus making the paint shine more and more over time. That is, unless you just paint it with no clear coat at all.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

I just started pulling a few panels off last night so I can start on something similar to what you're wanting! (Its pouring down rain here, like it does every year, and won't stop raining til April. I don't have a garage, so whatever I can sand down in my basement is coming inside! I wish I could just drive the whole car in...)

I hope to have the fenders, mirrors, and front end done by next week. I'm going to keep the CETA gloss (the car is already gloss black), I'll be putting the stock "TRANS AM" emblems back on the sides in gloss black, and the "PONTIAC" on the back will have a gloss black filler. I'll likely be starting my own thread about it, I'll post pics there
Old 01-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

^^^
Please start a thread! lol I want to do mine EXACTLY like this really bad but i just want to see another TA done with this first so if it looks like *** i wont do it...haha. But i think it will look SICK!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by devildog
^^^
Please start a thread! lol I want to do mine EXACTLY like this really bad but i just want to see another TA done with this first so if it looks like *** i wont do it...haha. But i think it will look SICK!!!!
Haha, happy to be the guinea pig I'll post pics when I have them, it'll be a while though, just sanded down the mirrors and one fender last night.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Addict

i think it will look sick..

Quick Reply: Satin Black T/A with Gloss Black Accents???