Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

For those of you the are required by law to run a front plate, show your creativity

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^Yeah i'll be getting one too if i have any more problems. FYI to any of you with a plate cover in illinois (tinted or not) The state cop that got me last year for no front plate...also gave me a written warning for a tinted liscense plate cover. He said that its the only equipment violation that goes against your driving record He claimed he didnt even know why.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

plates really screw up the looks of these cars
Old 07-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in Texas it's a law to have it on the front of the car, but we usually just put it up on the front windshield inside the car. The law usually doesn't mess with us about it.

If they do just tell them you're brackets are broken and you have no way to put it there, they will let you slide.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I put up with the tickets.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
I put up with the tickets.

I have to agree..Iv tryed to lie my way out of most but I have had 2 tickets for no front plate here in Missouri. Its $80 but oh well..it makes my car look like ***! Iv even got a ticket for it in my driveway as tehcar was halfway into the garage..seen the state boy turn around..tryed to get home and in the garage but wasnt slick enought..he must of knew were I lived!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 223HAWK
I have to agree..Iv tryed to lie my way out of most but I have had 2 tickets for no front plate here in Missouri. Its $80 but oh well..it makes my car look like ***! Iv even got a ticket for it in my driveway as tehcar was halfway into the garage..seen the state boy turn around..tryed to get home and in the garage but wasnt slick enought..he must of knew were I lived!
good grief. don't cops have anything better to do than to chase someone down for not having a front plate?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

dont have one on mine cops around here dont care
Old 07-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Launching!

in ontario, ive got my plate mounted to my air dam. On my iroc-z i ran without a plate for 2 years no problems.

To say how much the cops in my area care, the windsheild in my golf is cracked, i mean badly, right in my line of sight. been this way for 4 months now, none care.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

The police here are pretty strict about having a front plate. So, I left my stock grill/license plate bracket on and got creative with a clear plate cover.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
good grief. don't cops have anything better to do than to chase someone down for not having a front plate?
Dude its bad here..no seat belt on..pull ya over, No plate(on any car) Pull ya over, Window Tint..same. If you have a nice ride..youll get picked out real fast! The cops think they are so big down here and our town is so big..man we arent ****! Iv also had a buddy get a seat belt ticket in MY drive way by the same state trooper that gave me the front tag ticket..They watch people like crazy...We have a big target on us.. we always have nice cars seting out in front of the house with a few black marks each time we pull in and out but thats besides the point!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 223HAWK
Dude its bad here..no seat belt on..pull ya over, No plate(on any car) Pull ya over, Window Tint..same. If you have a nice ride..youll get picked out real fast! The cops think they are so big down here and our town is so big..man we arent ****! Iv also had a buddy get a seat belt ticket in MY drive way by the same state trooper that gave me the front tag ticket..They watch people like crazy...We have a big target on us.. we always have nice cars seting out in front of the house with a few black marks each time we pull in and out but thats besides the point!
+1 Im in Missouri too and it SUX!! The cops here have nothing better to do. No plate, no seatbelt, licence plate bulb out, u name it, they will pull u over. I had a friend pulled over for drinking a can of MT Dew. The cop thought it was beer.

Anyway back on topic. I zip tied mine to my billet grill back when I had my old camaro. On my 98 bird its in the factory spot. I might try the suction cups idea on my 96 RS or maybe the air dam.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

I asked the night supervisor for the local cops(friend of mine) and she said only one city cop might ask about it but probably not do anything. The state cops on the other hand are pretty strict about everything. Plate just sits behind the driver seat which you can't see because my windows are nice and illegally tinted
Old 07-26-2009, 01:28 AM
12 Second Club

In Oregon I just put it in the window, they did not give a damn so after it fell down under the seat I ignored it.

Found it when I sold the car lol.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va

i ran my 94 for 3 years and got pulled once and told him the car wash story and he said well make sure it gets put on and .................. yea lol i have one of those hide away plate holders if you wanna pick it up. i got rid of my 94 a lil while ago picked up a 92 and its gonna be a lil while before i get around to being able to worry about the exterior paint and ****. but ill let ya take it for ummmmm pm me lol
Old 07-26-2009, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

VA resident here. Front licences are required but haven't had one since i bought the car over 2 years ago, I am running with the SS grill. A stupid old sheriff walked into the dealer I was working in and was like whos camaro is that!? he gave me a warning on it and asked if there was a spot to put it. "No sir, the car was bought from the factory like this and I have no way putting a plate on, I am not ruining my car. Plus you don't need to see it from the front, your gonna be behind me anyway" Now I wish I said the words in red! haha still have the ss grill on. No cops bother with it.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:54 AM
On The Tree

homemade bracket

(pardon the drag wheels, lol)

Quick Reply: For those of you the are required by law to run a front plate, show your creativity