Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Appearance Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Appearance Opinions

I'd like to know what everyone would change on my car. What would you do if you had it?

Just for fun:

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/w...GarageIdle.flv
Old 07-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride, I'm not feeling the tips though. Just my .02 cents.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Sweet ride! Lovin the white gauges and the shifter. I like fbirds with the trans am hatch. It just adds a little something.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

t/a hatch, raptor hood, lower it and corsa tips
Old 07-29-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

only thing i'd change are the tips and add a hood
Old 07-29-2009, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Mecham hood and exhaust you can't see. MAYBE wheels, but those can get pricey. It's a pretty damn nice looking car as-is.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like a pretty general concensus.

I know i need to lower it (requires getting new headers).

I've been debating the exhaust for a dumped setup.

Hood-wise I'm not a big fan of the Raptor or WS6 on the Formula. That leaves me with the gorgeous (but terrible fitting) first gen. Mecham hood, impossible to find Firehawk hood, or get a shaker from 6LE.

I might have the opportunity to pick up some CCW SP505A's. I might jump on that.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you change the hood, the wheels will look off, for some reason ZO6 wheels and a ram air style hood don't flow. Depends on your budget, however, what I think would look sick?

Fikse FM/5's
WS6 Hood (a WS6 Formula is the PERFECT 4th Gen IMO, aesthetically)
If you get different tips, make sure they make their mark, Formula bumpers are more open than a T/A bumper. The same tips on a T/A will look smaller on a Formula, hopefully you get what I'm saying. I'd hop on eBay and get some of the 4" outlet Corsa clones.

I think the car would look perfect like that. If you can't swing the FM/5's HP HPR5's look good and are a budget wheel.

Or the HP Split 5.0's

EDIT: If you land the 505A's get those.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

agree on the WS6(or firehawk) hood..... and the 4" corsa clones..... other then that how do some black wheels look on NBM formulas???
Old 07-29-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd pull the door molding and Formula badge off. Maybe a T/A hatch.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

I don't think black looks good on NBM, but thats me. T/A hatch looks out of place without the gfx.

** Look ** reasonably priced used FM/5s'!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts...koni-sale.html
Old 07-29-2009, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

Keep the formula hatch.
Black out side marker and 3rd brake lights
remove the sidemoldings
new tips something with a rolled edge
Maybe new wheels if you get a good deal on some
lower it
Thats what i would change if i had it
The car definitely looks good as is tho.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

I'd change the carpet to a new one.LOL. Seriously, I do like the gray int. but, not a whole lot of thought was put into carpet tone from the factory. A nice medium gray makes a huge difference. Much cleaner tone, not so dingy. Super clean exterior!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Banned

Well...

6LE Shaker
6LE Dual Exhaust (similar to CME) tips (or Corsa Clones)
"6LE" Grey Spyders

Old 07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I would get a WS6 Hood, Corsa Replica Tips, and Emblem Pros.com Stainless Steel PONTIAC Letters to fill in the back light panel. And, Drop Springs.

Dont get me wrong on anything. I loveeee your car and it is so clean and well done. Great Job on it. If it was mine those are the things I would do to it. Amazing Car!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

It looks pretty good as-is, but here's some ideas that come to mind for me.
  • Lowering
  • Different wheels. Not really sure which ones but I think those HP split 5s another guy posted are looking pretty good. Or possibly a mesh looking type wheel like an HP evo or Ruff 281. I can't decide which finish though because any of em could look badass If you can get teh 505As those look amazing on T/As
  • dual/dual tips unless you go dumped
  • raptor hood probably *scratch that, just saw you aren't a fan of it*

As a side note also, something you might consider is having your duals run down the same route as the stock exhaust like guys usually do that run them out the back. So basically the first part would look just like a y pipe, but then have an X instead of a Y and have 2 pipes go straight back instead of one. The upside to that type of setup is that if you ever decide to go over the axle all you have to do is add on to the system, plus its a little easier to run pipes down that side and still have clearance. Thats how I have mine done and even being lowered with 3" duals my clearance is very acceptable. I only scrape on really nasty driveways.

Last edited by nighthawk15; 07-29-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Smoked markers, front/rear and lower it. Besides that I think it looks sharp.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Trust
If you change the hood, the wheels will look off, for some reason ZO6 wheels and a ram air style hood don't flow. Depends on your budget, however, what I think would look sick?

Fikse FM/5's
WS6 Hood (a WS6 Formula is the PERFECT 4th Gen IMO, aesthetically)
If you get different tips, make sure they make their mark, Formula bumpers are more open than a T/A bumper. The same tips on a T/A will look smaller on a Formula, hopefully you get what I'm saying. I'd hop on eBay and get some of the 4" outlet Corsa clones.

I think the car would look perfect like that. If you can't swing the FM/5's HP HPR5's look good and are a budget wheel.

Or the HP Split 5.0's

EDIT: If you land the 505A's get those.
I definitely hear what you are saying. These wheels look great w/o a hood, but won't look right with the WS6. I am feeling those ideas - do you have some pictures of Corsa's on a Formula? Or do you think it would look better dumped? I think that FM10's look better on the 'birds (and FM5's on Camaros). If I could swing it, I'd love to have a set of 18" FM10's.

I'm not going to bother spending money on any wheels that arn't CCW/Fikse/HRE etc. I'm happy with the Z06's and I feel anything like the HP's are a waste of money considering I already have decent wheels.

Originally Posted by Blacked_Out_SS
agree on the WS6(or firehawk) hood..... and the 4" corsa clones..... other then that how do some black wheels look on NBM formulas???
Interested to see the clones. I will not put black wheels on a NBM car. I would consider gunmetal, but not black.

Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
I'd pull the door molding and Formula badge off. Maybe a T/A hatch.
Interesting idea. Not too sure about the door molding, but it might look better without the badge. The only way I'd do a TA hatch would be with a TA rear bumper & side skirts.

Originally Posted by Trust
I don't think black looks good on NBM, but thats me. T/A hatch looks out of place without the gfx.

** Look ** reasonably priced used FM/5s'!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...koni-sale.html
That's the right price, at the wrong time. I have next to no money since I just finished my H/C/I install. Damnit.

Originally Posted by firehawk#682
Keep the formula hatch.
Black out side marker and 3rd brake lights
remove the sidemoldings
new tips something with a rolled edge
Maybe new wheels if you get a good deal on some
lower it
Thats what i would change if i had it
The car definitely looks good as is tho.
I keep forgetting about VHT'ing the 3rd brake light. I will do that.

Where can I get VHT in the USA? We don't sell it in Canada.

Originally Posted by 2nd Gen Fl 'bird
I'd change the carpet to a new one.LOL. Seriously, I do like the gray int. but, not a whole lot of thought was put into carpet tone from the factory. A nice medium gray makes a huge difference. Much cleaner tone, not so dingy. Super clean exterior!
Neat idea. Never considered that at all. My front mats look horrid. I'll likely grab a set of Lloyd mats for it. If I ever put in a cage, I'll probably throw in a new carpet as well. Thanks for the idea!

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Well...

6LE Shaker
6LE Dual Exhaust (similar to CME) tips (or Corsa Clones)
"6LE" Grey Spyders
I'll hit you up for the shaker. Can we make this compatable for a 85mm MAF?

Originally Posted by 99Ls1fever
I would get a WS6 Hood, Corsa Replica Tips, and Emblem Pros.com Stainless Steel PONTIAC Letters to fill in the back light panel. And, Drop Springs.

Dont get me wrong on anything. I loveeee your car and it is so clean and well done. Great Job on it. If it was mine those are the things I would do to it. Amazing Car!!!
YES! Stainless fill in's! I need those. Good call!

Originally Posted by nighthawk15
It looks pretty good as-is, but here's some ideas that come to mind for me.

-Lowering
-Different wheels. Not really sure which ones but I think those HP split 5s another guy posted are looking pretty good. Or possibly a mesh looking type wheel like an HP evo or Ruff 281. I can't decide which finish though because any of em could look badass If you can get teh 505As those look amazing on T/As
-dual/dual tips unless you go dumped
-raptor hood probably *scratch that, just saw you aren't a fan of it*

As a side note also, something you might consider is having your duals run down the same route as the stock exhaust like guys usually do that run them out the back. So basically the first part would look just like a y pipe, but then have an X instead of a Y and have 2 pipes go straight back instead of one. The upside to that type of setup is that if you ever decide to go over the axle all you have to do is add on to the system, plus its a little easier to run pipes down that side and still have clearance. Thats how I have mine done and even being lowered with 3" duals my clearance is very acceptable. I only scrape on really nasty driveways.
Thanks for the ideas on the exhaust. I still have to look into running duals more. I have put little thought into it so far. All I know is that I want dual cutouts

I will definitely get this thing lowered though

Originally Posted by SOMSS1LE
Smoked markers, front/rear and lower it. Besides that I think it looks sharp.
Not sure how I feel about the smoked markers. I went with red all around to match my brakes & Corvette emblems in the wheels. Agreed: Lowering is a must.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would remove the splitter and get a firehawk style hood. Also I'd probably go ahead and get some custom leather seats done. Wheels are fine, but Fikse, iForged, or CCWs always make an improvement.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would probably get a ram air hood.. I am really a fan of the SLP hood on dark colors... And I really dont like the tips...

Quick Reply: Appearance Opinions