Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My 2 months worth of interior work......finally done...almost

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My 2 months worth of interior work......finally done...almost

Since I've been laid off I've been working on the interior. I had planned to do this last year but the upholstery guy that was recommended to me went to jail for not paying child support ! So needless to say he was out. I was going to have someone local do it but then got laid off so that was out. I will say it was fun doing the door panels but also a PITA. The easiest part of that was the raised flames. The wrapped the door surround, panel insert and speaker/pocket thing all in vinyl. The inserts match almost exactly the orange that's in the flames on the car btw.

With the console I moved over the TCS button, painted it black to match and added the bird that lights up. I shaved the ashtray and cupholder like my old one also and painted the bird on there. Also I have a shift plate from third_shift studios but will get better shots of that soon. I also wrapped the glove box and made a middle console lid with raised flames. I sewed a new shifter boot I made from leftover vinyl. Finally we added a GTO shift **** (I saw someone else on this board did that too and I thought it was pretty cool)

I took out the old 194 dim bulbs, removed the whole plastic part attached to the back of the door handles and installed two PLCC LEDs in orange. I also put orange LEDs in the speakers but I didnt get a shot of that yet but plan to later today. I also painted the door/window switches in a brushed aluminum. When I get a job which will be hopefully soon I'll get the seats done in the same black and orange.

Tim installed the nostril lights for me....thanks 98WS6 (Brian) oh and Brian...the other lighting didnt work out so back to the drawing board.

Anyway I have one other mod I'm doing and then I'm done...I think. Sorry for the grainy pic of the nostril lights. I had taken that a couple nights ago and forgot my tripod

Old 08-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn nice!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh wow! This was your project!! I like it!! Did you do the brushed aluminum like the ed hubbs style?
Old 08-05-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow you did a great job on your car.
I wish I could get away from work long enough to do something like this.

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FamousZ
Oh wow! This was your project!! I like it!! Did you do the brushed aluminum like the ed hubbs style?
Thanks and yes I did . I'm not sure if I should keep the door handles in black or do those in the aluminum. I thought if I did them in the brushed aluminum it'd be too busy looking. I had them in carbon fiber following Ed's directions but I didnt like how it looked. That was a pain to do btw since it's a curved surface I had to do one small section at a time then the airbrush broke.

Thanks CO99Z28Vert and Old Blue. I'd rather be working though because now there's more things I want to do but not enough funds
Old 08-05-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love ur shift **** choice now you just have to paint the numbers like i did. and i thought i was the only one with a gto ****
Old 08-05-2009, 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That looks awesome! Definitely a lot of work has gone into that!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

congrat's again michelle. pic's dont even do half the justice, this thing is gorgeous in person. you've done sooo much and it still doesn't look cluttered to me yet. hope those minor problems you had over the weekend weren't too big of a fuss haha.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry to hear about the job thing, The car and work you have put in to it is just amazing!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks everyone. Rob it was you that had the ****....now I remember . That looks really cool with the numbers painted. I'll make sure to do that too.

Ryan thanks for the nice compliments. I did change some stuff to it since you saw it on Saturday. I hope to have the other mod done in the next couple weeks. Oh and we're doing another photoshoot next week...Tuesday I think and headed up to Front Royal.

Yes the job situation stinks. I hope I get something soon...the job market is so depressing.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

send me a PM when you know where and when you are going to do the shoot. i'm not sure what's happening with my car and if it'll have a trans or not but if it does i'll tag along, maybe get a pic or two of it haha.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks nice... I keep seeing threads about doing cool stuff to cars, makes me want to do more to mine!

I agree on the job stuff. Just got a letter today telling me thanks but no thanks we hired someone else for the position I applied for. Frustrating. But keep at it. We'll find something!!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Banned Village Idiot

looks good man!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Will do Ryan. Tim has off all next week so as long as the weather holds out it will be Tuesday.

Sparky....sorry about the job. What sucks about mine is I found out after I got laid off that it was all set up! Almost everyone that works there is either related or friends and have been there forever and this one lady had royally screwed up to where they lost customers and money. Well because she's friends with the HR/Office Manager lady she was put in my position and allowed to work there! I was told my position was being eliminated which wasnt true at all. I would still have a job if it wasnt for all that backhanded/backstabbing crap. Another lady racked up a $12,000 debt that the CFO hid for her for 8 yrs till it came out and she was fired. She was pretty rotten too and good friend of course with the CFO. The poor owner had no clue of all the stuff that went on there.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Dam, and I thought the oil fields was a bad place to work Sounds like the owner needs to be a little more hands on.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Will do Ryan. Tim has off all next week so as long as the weather holds out it will be Tuesday.

Sparky....sorry about the job. What sucks about mine is I found out after I got laid off that it was all set up! Almost everyone that works there is either related or friends and have been there forever and this one lady had royally screwed up to where they lost customers and money. Well because she's friends with the HR/Office Manager lady she was put in my position and allowed to work there! I was told my position was being eliminated which wasnt true at all. I would still have a job if it wasnt for all that backhanded/backstabbing crap. Another lady racked up a $12,000 debt that the CFO hid for her for 8 yrs till it came out and she was fired. She was pretty rotten too and good friend of course with the CFO. The poor owner had no clue of all the stuff that went on there.
Dang that kind of thing ticks me off! However, in a way you might not want to be there after all if that's what they do there. Doesn't sound like the kind of place I'd want to work anyway.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Very Nice Michelle i was really wanting to see what you where up to. I like it alot Very tastefully done. It makes me want to redo my interior to make it not look so cheap. The GTO **** fits well.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Trevor. I've been keeping what I've been doing a secret till it was done in case something didnt work out. I wouldnt want to redo anything anytime soon I'll tell ya! It was alot of work and I had to order this and that when stuff didnt work so that took up time. The console lid took me several times of test fitting then adjusting the seam lines. I think I readjusting stuff about 30 times till I got it to where I was content with it.

Here's some shots I just took now in the garage but they still didnt turn out the way I wanted though. I'll keep trying to get better shots

Old 08-05-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Thanks Trevor. I've been keeping what I've been doing a secret till it was done in case something didnt work out. I wouldnt want to redo anything anytime soon I'll tell ya! It was alot of work and I had to order this and that when stuff didnt work so that took up time. The console lid took me several times of test fitting then adjusting the seam lines. I think I readjusting stuff about 30 times till I got it to where I was content with it.

Here's some shots I just took now in the garage but they still didnt turn out the way I wanted though. I'll keep trying to get better shots

thats hott nice work
Old 08-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Wow even the bad pics look awesome!!!

Quick Reply: My 2 months worth of interior work......finally done...almost