Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

what do you like better? borla vs cme!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
True duals > Cme ...Sound and performance cant be beat for a well done true dual system
Edit: True Dual CME > All

Originally Posted by mattl31
why not sell the borla tips (they bring some money) and buy some CME tips and a valence, take it to an exhaust shop and make a CME out of a borla catback? voila...the look and the sound
Good idea with a regular exhaust, but not so easy with Borla:

Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spd-Kilz
Edit: True Dual CME > All

Good idea with a regular exhaust, but not so easy with Borla:

hey man i like your quote in your sig... it's true in so many ways... haha

and when people say they have cme thats just another way of saying they have center mount exhaust, right!?!?!? cme isnt a actual exhaust system, or was it and i just dont know about it? but i do agree with everyone above have a shop weld up the stuff to the borla...
Old 11-10-2009, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

I guess I never thought about it that way...I kept thinking of selling the whole system and using that money to buy the tips, I rather not make that money back and try to get the best of both worlds! I dont know why I didnt think about it. I guess I just thought splitting up the cat back and you using different tips might screw up the sound but now that I see someone has tried and really likes it, Im going for it! I really appreciate the input guys!
Old 11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
when people say they have cme thats just another way of saying they have center mount exhaust, right!?!?!? cme isnt a actual exhaust system, or was it and i just dont know about it? but i do agree with everyone above have a shop weld up the stuff to the borla...
you can have a CME on any exhaust..its just the type of tip and the valence that makes it a center mount exhaust..it did come as an option on the SS camaro tho
Old 11-10-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
hey man i like your quote in your sig... it's true in so many ways... haha

and when people say they have cme thats just another way of saying they have center mount exhaust, right!?!?!? cme isnt a actual exhaust system, or was it and i just dont know about it? but i do agree with everyone above have a shop weld up the stuff to the borla...
Thanks!

My mom has the CME on her car. She ordered it with it. I believe it's just the SS muffler with the valence and tips.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1-Camo
you can have a CME on any exhaust..its just the type of tip and the valence that makes it a center mount exhaust..it did come as an option on the SS camaro tho
yeah i know that, but i meant like the actual exhaust like from the cat back and muffler and what not... i plan on gettin the bends tips and valence from 6litereater whenever i can gather $700 : /
Old 11-11-2009, 03:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a shop could fab that up, id say do it
Old 11-11-2009, 08:42 AM
On The Tree

is it worth getting the polished cme? just wondering how the polish holds up....
Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

The CME all the way. I had a Borla on my car when I bought it, it looked awful. It did sound alright though that was the only positive.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by solo21
is it worth getting the polished cme? just wondering how the polish holds up....

im getting the polished with the rolled tip... i'd prefer not to have the OEM tips, i like 6litereater's tips better!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have a OEM CME with my LE car. The only down fall is that you can't really see the rear tire width. I have the original LE wheels with original tires (275x40x17) and a set of BBS wheels (295x35x18) and you can't see the difference unless you almost lay under the car. So for people that like to show off those wide tires don't get the CME.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Interesting point there! I have 17x11 tt2's and love the way they look from the back.....
I think Im still going for the cme though, it looks that good to me, that I dont mind hiding the tires a little!

Quick Reply: what do you like better? borla vs cme!