Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Black Billet Grilles SALE, I have 10 to move...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:38 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Black Billet Grilles SALE, I have 10 to move...

I HATE selling these damn grilles. They are unlike my other products as I have to buy in bulk, powder coat in bulk, etc... just to keep costs down.

Long story short, I end up almost not selling them, then get an order for one grille and have to buy 20 grilles to get the one grille so I have a crap load just sitting here tying up my business funds (I sell a lot but operate on pretty much no profit margin/cushion as anything I do make after fees and sponsorships I put into getting other products made).

I sell this grille on my site for $100 shipped...

...and my cost (when I buy it all in bulk) is around $80 each (paypal fees $3, box $8, shipping $15, grille $30, powdercoat $25).

I REALLY need cash flow right now to finish up projects (I want my targa and DH bumper funded and hopefully done before the holidays) so I just want these gone...

I have TEN Black Billet Grilles (these are the NICE ONES, NOT the cheap ebay ones, these have FIVE vertical bars, not FOUR) that are PROFESSIONALLY POWEDERCOATED (the ebay ones are NOT, they are just painted a gloss black) in SATIN BLACK (to match what GMMG did on the Berger/ZL1/Tom Henry/Etc... cars) for sale for only $75 SHIPPED...

Here's a pic on my car with a 1969 Chevelle bowtie added...

I'm not selling ALL of my inventory (keeping some in case people order emblem grilles) but I'm willing to move these at under cost just to get some revenue back.

If you want one, just click on the link here and buy it...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...products_id=99

Right now this is an LS1Tech Appearance Section Only Offer. If I haven't started moving them by the end of the day I'll open it to the whole forum and then other sites, just figured I'd give you all first chance... Thanks!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully I can get my SS grill sold so I can pick one of these up! Then I just have to find a nice Z / 28 badge..
Old 11-16-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

darn.... You have things at the wrong time dude. Once I am redoing my entire exterior then I'll be looking at buying stuff but you keep running sales before I'm ready
Old 11-16-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can you do a price break on one w/ the Chevy emblem?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey mark, if you still have them next mon, ill pick one up
Tim
Old 11-17-2009, 02:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tdawg
hey mark, if you still have them next mon, ill pick one up
Tim
I'm in PA Monday to Monday... Only sold three so far so I should still have one just won't be in the are

Have you seen that our little meet that started at that WS, then moved to Bob's has grown so large it was in latest issue of GMHTP ?!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rcoers
Can you do a price break on one w/ the Chevy emblem?
Sorry I can't. Those damn emblems cost me about $83 shipped and more time... You can just order the emblem yourself though. You just need to find a 1967 CHEVELLE Blue Bowtie for the Grille...

Here's where I get mine from:

http://www.carsinc.com/classic-chevy-part/9924.html

Looks cheap until you try to check out...

Preview Item Id Name Description Price Qty Total Remove
9924 Emb 69 Chvle Blue Bowti Grille 1969 Blue "bowtie" Grille Emblem $57.95 $57.95
Merchandise Total $57.95
Tax Total $5.07
Shipping Total $19.95
Total Due $82.97
Old 11-17-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll see if I can order one, been liking them the more I see 'em.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Ill take one. Does it install over the stock plastic grille, or do you have to remove it? Either way no big deal. Also do they make a red bowtie emblem for it? Thanks!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Ill take one. Does it install over the stock plastic grille, or do you have to remove it? Either way no big deal. Also do they make a red bowtie emblem for it? Thanks!!!
I know you have to remove the stock plastic grill for installation and in regards to the bowtie, one member on here does have one of these grills with a red outlined bowtie from an older chevy truck I think...
Old 11-18-2009, 03:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

cool man, thanks for the help!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Launching!

got any better pictures of that grille installed? i dumped the plastic grille from my 99 z some time ago, and haven't found quite what i want to replace it with yet. your grille is powdercoated aluminum and it mounts via the stock connections? thanks. bill
Old 11-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Banned

Yup, stock plastic garbage has to come off...

No one makes a red that fits. You have to get a blue one and have it painted (I'd have a shop just mix a little factory red in with a clear, to make a translucent red, and spray it with that)...
Old 11-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by billscamaros
got any better pictures of that grille installed? i dumped the plastic grille from my 99 z some time ago, and haven't found quite what i want to replace it with yet. your grille is powdercoated aluminum and it mounts via the stock connections? thanks. bill
There's pics from every angle, not sure what more you'd want...

It is powder coated billet aluminum. It mounts using 4 provided screws...
Old 11-18-2009, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Gonna order one after work. Didn't you offer one with a yellow bowtie about a year ago, something that looks the same as what came on the Dick Harrell cars? If so do you remember where did you got it from? (I know the blue one is off a 69 Chevelle, wondering where the yellow one came from.) Also congrats on all the recent coverage in GMHTP, 2 issues in a row.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Yup, stock plastic garbage has to come off...

No one makes a red that fits. You have to get a blue one and have it painted (I'd have a shop just mix a little factory red in with a clear, to make a translucent red, and spray it with that)...
Great idea thanks! Btw, Does the emblem sit on top of the grill? Or is the grill cut to fit the emblem? Can't really tell by looking at the pics. If I buy the 75.00 grill now, can I add the emblem later without modifications? Sorry for all the questions lol!
Old 11-19-2009, 02:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by green28
Gonna order one after work. Didn't you offer one with a yellow bowtie about a year ago, something that looks the same as what came on the Dick Harrell cars? If so do you remember where did you got it from? (I know the blue one is off a 69 Chevelle, wondering where the yellow one came from.) Also congrats on all the recent coverage in GMHTP, 2 issues in a row.
Nah... I had put a gold bowtie on a 1993-1997 grille but it won't fit on these.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:32 AM
Banned

Great idea thanks! Btw, Does the emblem sit on top of the grill? Or is the grill cut to fit the emblem? Can't really tell by looking at the pics. If I buy the 75.00 grill now, can I add the emblem later without modifications? Sorry for all the questions lol!
It doesn't recess into the grille at all but it didn't from the factory. You can definitely by the grille now and add the emblem later, you just bolt it on. It can be removed later as well with no damage to the grille...
Old 11-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Launching!

I can only hope that you'll still have some by end of the month when i get paid. And $75 includes everything? tax&shipping? Sorry i dont buy online all that often.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
It doesn't recess into the grille at all but it didn't from the factory. You can definitely by the grille now and add the emblem later, you just bolt it on. It can be removed later as well with no damage to the grille...
Thanks 6litereater, you just sold one!

Edit* one more thing, what is the best way to remove the stock grill? I tried removing it after buying the car, but it felt like I was going to rip the front end off lol. So I left it on...

Quick Reply: Black Billet Grilles SALE, I have 10 to move...