General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Huron speed alternator bracket for Iron block?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 11:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Huron speed alternator bracket for Iron block?

So I was told from huron speed that this bracket kit will still work I just need to weld on a metal bracket to the existing one for the tensioner location but my issues is how is it going to mount up to the bottom driver side engine block? Here are some PHOTOS!
the last photos are from huron speed.

Old 06-28-2024, 11:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,358 Posts

You'll have to get the correct size drill bit and drill a hole into the engine boss and tap it for the bolt. I had to do this for the ICT low mount alternator bracket for a Gen III LQ9 block I installed in my 99 car.
The following users liked this post:
RocketBird (06-28-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx
You'll have to get the correct size drill bit and drill a hole into the engine boss and tap it for the bolt. I had to do this for the ICT low mount alternator bracket for a Gen III LQ9 block I installed in my 99 car.

Okay well the bracket can’t reach on from the threaded hole in thw bottom of the block to the too of the block. So is that why i need to weld a bracket on it so it’ll reach?
Old 06-28-2024, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

also can i find a 71.5 inch belt from the auto parts store? Im not using power steering or the idler pulley anymore.
Old 06-28-2024, 01:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Here's a picture of the ICT bracket. It came with spacers that went behind the bracket to give enough space for the alternator to bolt up and line up properly with the ATI Damper. I'm not running power steering either. It's a three bolt bracket but the bolt hole in the middle behind the pulley is of no use.
Old 06-28-2024, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

Here's a picture of the ICT bracket. It came with spacers that went behind the bracket to give enough space for the alternator to bolt up and line up properly with the ATI Damper. I'm not running power steering either. It's a three bolt bracket but the bolt hole in the middle behind the pulley is of no use.
yes ik about that kit but i rather use the kit from huron speed because im using truck manifolds for my single turbo kit and the alternator is hitting the edge of the manifold so that’s why im going for the top location to avoid it.

Quick Reply: Huron speed alternator bracket for Iron block?