Old 02-01-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

definetly different, but not bad.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
^i get that...but MOST times ppl have a reason for doing things to their car. jw.
weight reduction....duh!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Launching!

I too in the near future will be ordering all of the CF body parts, i'll be painting them all black, but imagine losing all that weight without losing any comforts, and no one would know any different.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Rai
TECH Enthusiast

looks the best without the red dh stripes - plus a cme valence would clean up the rear alot...
Old 02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't have any side pics or I would post them,
Old 02-01-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

i actually like that hatch with it all painted black like that. id really like to see it in person
Old 02-01-2010, 05:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was always intrigued with that hatch when I had a Camaro. I thought it looked pretty cool. Generally, I like to keep my car looking like "the manufacturer could have done, had they cared or spent the time/money to do it," yet this really really works for me. When I saw the Ferarri 599 come out, it reminded me of this hatch. I don't see del sol as much as I see the Ferarri 599. Kudos on doing something different that even I like! I am not easy to please when it comes to mods that drastically change the stock appearance.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Huge fail as is the rest of the car.. CME exhaust without the valence = :tard:

But that's my humble opinion..
Old 02-01-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

interior pics?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
fixed.
There's a thin line between RETARDED and TROLL, you are treading on it.

You've expressed your opinion. We know you don't like it. So either get over it or get out. It's his car and his money, so let him do what he wants with it.

To the OP... I'm not a fan of the rear hatch, nor am I a fan of the oversized wheels and brake setup. To be honest, I'm not really huge on the CF look (which I know you're still working on getting the rest of the pieces) or the tips without the proper valence. But I will say the wide body is starting to grow on me. Either way, those are just my opinions. Props to ya for doing something different than falling into the cookie cutter style that many are prone to follow. Especially since it's what you want and not what everyone else wants.

Now... not to stir the pot too much, but a few things that caught my eye.

Originally Posted by Iyyob
Imma try to give him a run for his money for sickest 4th gen .....
I'm far from stock unlike most of you guys and that's fine.
I'm curious to hear a little more about this. Especially after reading your thread on one of the other forums. You should post up a build thread when it goes under the knife.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

1. My main concern was never to be the lightest camaro or biggest weight reduction ...
2. I never built this car for anyone but me
3. I'm not asking if I should remove it or paint over the CF I won't

I made this thread to make a point. And to not litter other threads about my car.
I'm far from stock unlike most of you guys and that's fine. I tailor all my cars/trucks/bikes to my likes. I will continue to mod all of them (my bike will soon be all CF also). imma
man of action I do more then talk. And if I buy the 5th gen I'll destroy that one also after all there just toys

anyway .... Back to the flames !!!

P.S.
I think imma do my interior in full CF also and I have 8kH.I.D.s (4k5k&6k all giver better light)
hahah hell yeah, don't listen to these fools! if they had it their way everyone's car here would look EXACTLY the same! they would make it a poll and we'd all vote on what we're all going to look like
half these people shouldn't even bother coming into the A&D section cause they can't appreciate any thing other than their own vision & ideas. its your car, 'destroy' away brotha!

as for the hatch, you never see too many pix of it never mind seeing one in person. I think that says somin about its unique-ness and rarity. its got a couple of bad angles where it doesn't quite look as nice as the factory lines but other than that I like it! its different and its def got a roadster like-ness to it, I bet its awesome to drive w/ it open on a summers day w/ the t's off I'd love to see some shots of it w/ it open, inside and out!

BA camaro Iyyob! I'm curious as to what it weighs w/ all that CF, couldn't of been cheap. keep it up!

edit: oh yeah, 1 thing. you need a fuel door
Old 02-01-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

it could be worse.... plus if you like it then thats all that matters
Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can't wait to save up for all that carbon fiber my self. Door's, panel's, berger panel, grill. Still holding out for the bumper's, lol. Though since my car's white, I'll have to paint it all.

I'd look into a CME valance though, it'd help out the rear's look, and maybe shut some people up since that's the biggest WTF area of the car. Otherwise it look's good to these eyes.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

The cme valance I'd love to get one now however I'm waitin to see if I can get it in CF molded w/ the rear bumper .... I can't then I'll go ahead and get the 6le one but infill he gets back to me I'd rather not fork anymore cash, and yes I agree that I need it lol
Old 02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The cme valance I'd love to get one now however I'm waitin to see if I can get it in CF molded w/ the rear bumper .... I can't then I'll go ahead and get the 6le one but infill he gets back to me I'd rather not fork anymore cash, and yes I agree that I need it lol
Hmmm.... I'm going to mold my CME into my bumper. If you want, I could have my guy make a mold off of it and make you a CF bumper with CME already molded in.

Would be pricey though as you'd be paying to make the mold and then for the part itself...
Old 02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Hmmm.... I'm going to mold my CME into my bumper. If you want, I could have my guy make a mold off of it and make you a CF bumper with CME already molded in.

Would be pricey though as you'd be paying to make the mold and then for the part itself...
That would look pretty awesome, you might get some extra sales on that too.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pace
There's a thin line between RETARDED and TROLL, you are treading on it.

You've expressed your opinion. We know you don't like it. So either get over it or get out. It's his car and his money, so let him do what he wants with it.
you did read the title of this thread.... right?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hlaalu
you did read the title of this thread.... right?
Indeed I did. Just thought he should leave some hate for others.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen your car around the forum before...and props for having the ***** to go in your own direction. Definitely unique...

As for what i think about it......****! No amount of money buys good taste.

How can you spend that much money on CF and other crap but then skimp of some POS knock off wheels?

Totally not feeling the rear hatch.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had thought about that hatch years ago, but never got it because I couldn't find any other pictures besides the one on RKsport. Do any of you guys have pics of the inside of it?

Quick Reply: I have an Ugly Hatch, Hate away