Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I have an Ugly Hatch, Hate away

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha ya i dont think its that bad?? But when i saw it, it totally reminded me of Batmobile ha ha
Old 02-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I deleted the other thread. Got tired of people treating the thread like it was just a place to arm chair quarterback other people's cars... Lots of ******** on this board with un-asked for opinions, that critique all the time and money put into other people's cars while it is obvious there is little put into their own... it is a shame.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:23 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I deleted the other thread. Got tired of people treating the thread like it was just a place to arm chair quarterback other people's cars... Lots of ******** on this board with un-asked for opinions, that critique all the time and money put into other people's cars while it is obvious there is little put into their own... it is a shame.
Completely understandable...but seeing as this is the latest of threads just like this from OP, with one already closed and deleted by you, it's just simply not the case here.

"I have and Ugly Hatch, Hate away" and pulling out the flame suit immediately while asking people's opinions makes me think you deleting previous thread inhibited OP from getting his rocks off by being the oddball. Negative attention is better than no attention, I suppose.

Still an ugly hatch that is nothing like a 599 as mentioned, except for both having buttresses. Hatch screams del sol/fiero which clashes with the body lines.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by justin455
Completely understandable...but seeing as this is the latest of threads just like this from OP, with one already closed and deleted by you, it's just simply not the case here.

"I have and Ugly Hatch, Hate away" and pulling out the flame suit immediately while asking people's opinions makes me think you deleting previous thread inhibited OP from getting his rocks off by being the oddball. Negative attention is better than no attention, I suppose.

Still an ugly hatch that is nothing like a 599 as mentioned, except for both having buttresses. Hatch screams del sol/fiero which clashes with the body lines.
Actually, you are completely wrong. I started a thread about a wide body kit we were going to sell, it is similar to what is on his car. People wanted more pics of his car so he posted them (all in a thread about a future product of ours).

People just took it upon themselves to tell him to do what HIS care SO MUCH that he started these threads as an effort to keep the aholes out of my thread and give them what they wanted, a place to b!tch about his car. Very sad.

I finally just deleted the other thread because it had become pointless....
Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, you are completely wrong. I started a thread about a wide body kit we were going to sell, it is similar to what is on his car. People wanted more pics of his car so he posted them (all in a thread about a future product of ours). *1

People just took it upon themselves to tell him to do what HIS care SO MUCH that he started these threads as an effort to keep the aholes out of my thread and give them what they wanted, a place to b!tch about his car. Very sad. *2

I finally just deleted the other thread because it had become pointless....
1. Missed the connection between an early post and a later post by OP so ok, I'll retract my first sentence.

2. If true, dumbest thing I've heard in awhile. Tired of bitching in one thread so lets make a new one to redirect bitching. Delete thread, move on. If you ask for opinions like this thread, you'll generally get them.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by justin455
2. If true, dumbest thing I've heard in awhile. Tired of bitching in one thread so lets make a new one to redirect bitching. Delete thread, move on. If you ask for opinions like this thread, you'll generally get them.
i agree

this thread was pointless from the get go. if people dont like something on your car, who cares. OP, do you care so much about what everyone else thinks to the point that you'll start a thread just to hear negative comments directed at it? why? everyone is going to have their own opinions about what they think looks nice and what doesn't. do what you like.

6LE, i do see where you're coming from 100% though. it did begin to take away from your wide body thread on the last couple pages. but i think an easier fix could have been to just have a mod remove the unnecessary posts (or you, if you can). i know they can do that with out deleting everything.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:12 AM
Staging Lane

Not bad at all, its something diffrent... not for me but looks sweet man
Old 02-02-2010, 03:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
i agree

this thread was pointless from the get go. if people dont like something on your car, who cares. OP, do you care so much about what everyone else thinks to the point that you'll start a thread just to hear negative comments directed at it? why? everyone is going to have their own opinions about what they think looks nice and what doesn't. do what you like.

6LE, i do see where you're coming from 100% though. it did begin to take away from your wide body thread on the last couple pages. but i think an easier fix could have been to just have a mod remove the unnecessary posts (or you, if you can). i know they can do that with out deleting everything.
The thread was annoying It became huge, people kept asking the same questions over and over and then the whole completely off topic thing.

It served its purpose, it was just a "garnering interest" thread. I'll make a new production thread as soon as we're ready

I agree this thread is pretty goofy though
Old 02-02-2010, 05:25 AM
TECH Veteran

yeah your product threads do tend to get a bit out of hand. around twenty pages of repetition.

But they build suspense like a ****. i've been feenin for the targa and the widebody for SO long now. and seeing the threads keeps them at the top of my mind.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:21 AM
On The Tree

6LE has spoken and I could not have said it better myself !! For future hate, post here not in threads that are about other topics in other news ...
If you do not like the Batmobile u are Unamerican...
Old 02-02-2010, 06:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Iyyob
If you do not like the Batmobile u are Unamerican...
i love the batmobile. its the inspiration behind the overall design of my next camaro. just wait...
Old 02-02-2010, 05:46 PM
8 Second Club

i dont like the hatch but i love the carbon and cant wait to see pics of it with the carbon doors
Old 02-02-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

To be honest, that whole "I modded my car for myself and I could care less about what others think" is all bullshit. We mod the appearance of our cars to receive gratification from others, whether you will admit it or not I don't give a flying ****...I'm all for trying different things and not just bandwagoning my **** and buying CCW wheels and corsa clones and calling it a day.....do things different and succeed. If others tell you its ugly, you should probably consider changing it, cause what's the point in owning a car that gets you negative feedback from others, that's kind of a shitty feeling ....and please people do not read too deep into this comment and say things like "well iuno about you guy, but I do things for my own personal preference. .. I don't care.... and quite frankly you and I both know that's not true. I felt obligated to write this for some reason...
Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
I felt obligated to write this for some reason...
Because its quite true my good Sir.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
To be honest, that whole "I modded my car for myself and I could care less about what others think" is all bullshit. We mod the appearance of our cars to receive gratification from others, whether you will admit it or not I don't give a flying ****...I'm all for trying different things and not just bandwagoning my **** and buying CCW wheels and corsa clones and calling it a day.....do things different and succeed. If others tell you its ugly, you should probably consider changing it, cause what's the point in owning a car that gets you negative feedback from others, that's kind of a shitty feeling ....and please people do not read too deep into this comment and say things like "well iuno about you guy, but I do things for my own personal preference. .. I don't care.... and quite frankly you and I both know that's not true. I felt obligated to write this for some reason...
I agree to a point but I don't think it applies on this board at all. This board has WAYYY too many bandwagon opinion posters.

I've literally watched countless times as the first or second reply dictated the whole thread.

One person posts XXXX mod, one person hates it, everyone follows...

Same person deletes the post, posts the same XXXX mod, has a friend post about how great it looks and why and all of a sudden everyone likes it...

There are definitely some mods that just stand out to most people as unbecoming on the car but, like you said, for the most part if it isn't what people are used to seeing (Zo6 rims, corsa clones) they'll call it crap without judging it on its own merit...
Old 02-02-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

exactly! I rushed that post, cause I had to get to class, but I'm glad you guys understood what meaning I was trying to signify.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

There are definitely some mods that just stand out to most people as unbecoming on the car but, like you said, for the most part if it isn't what people are used to seeing (Zo6 rims, corsa clones) they'll call it crap without judging it on its own merit...
Don't forget the TT2's!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

damnit my post got deleted i accidentally refreshed. i honestly dont care if no one on this site likes my car or hates it. All my GFs and I do we use it and ride in it, we're the ones thats seen in it and i have the outside almost to a T of what my dreams/goals were. i do need to get my new doors and a few other things, as far as rims i haven't found a set that i truly fell in love with till then mine will do great. on a side note it is kinds funny how this site is soooooo much opposed to anything that u cant get from GM lol and how quick they are to drop the rice bomb. anyway i just got home from the bar.... lol
Old 02-02-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hlaalu
Don't forget the TT2's!
oh ****!! I said CCW wheels in my post?!?!! I meant TT2s haha. IF everyone got CCWs... the world woould be a better place hahhah
Old 02-03-2010, 05:08 PM
11 Second Club

Perhaps more will appreciate other's hard work when they in fact work on their own cars.

Everyone has different taste and style, its good to have a mix.

Quick Reply: I have an Ugly Hatch, Hate away