Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

nightshade on just the reverse light has anyone done it

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^I thought the same thing but didnt want to exert the effort....
Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
i've thrown that idea around a LOT. just never done it. i think that would look really good. for some reason, i dont
care for the clear lighting, so a couple shades darker, with everything else blacked out would look good to me. i
was going to do it at the time i was doing this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...s-how-tos.html -just never
finished it...

DO IT!!!
don't tempt me!!

Originally Posted by gopherit98
don't use vht take it to a local painter. I paint and if you use clear with black tint it shines through way better. My buddy did vht, and it was just dull not just him along with all the rest. Clear and black best way to go. I like the black reverse lights, but seeing through 5% is hard enough in my ss. So i doubt i'll do it on t/a
what is this clear you are talking about?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hlaalu
what is this clear you are talking about?
yeah what they do is they mix clear with a little bit of black pearl and they use that to tint lights. it does come out amazing.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 02-21-2010, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

OHH MY EFFING GOODNESS!!!!. there just has to be atleast 1 painter to come into every thread involving some
sort of spray paint, to come in and bash the idea completely.

i understand that black/clear spray gunned on would look great, but damn, do you guys really need to do this
**** every time? this is NOT just directed at you, its for anyone sitting on their damn pedestal looking down at
everyone who uses VHT. its just really irritating having this happen in EVERY thread. why not just throw it out
as another option, instead of the only option.

end rant...
whoa people freaked out a little on the vht comment seems like aersol got to your head to be honest dude chill the hell out the vht is exceptionally high for spray can i spray both lights for 30 here so i suggested maybe he could find a reasonable shop ( some people do not know about the mix ^ check the question above)
Old 02-21-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

don't use vht take it to a local painter. I paint and if you use clear with black tint it shines through way better. My buddy did vht, and it was just dull not just him along with all the rest. Clear and black best way to go. I like the black reverse lights, but seeing through 5% is hard enough in my ss. So i doubt i'll do it on t/a
OHH MY EFFING GOODNESS!!!!. there just has to be atleast 1 painter to come into every thread involving some
sort of spray paint, to come in and bash the idea completely.

i understand that black/clear spray gunned on would look great, but damn, do you guys really need to do this
**** every time? this is NOT just directed at you, its for anyone sitting on their damn pedestal looking down at
everyone who uses VHT. its just really irritating having this happen in EVERY thread. why not just throw it out
as another option, instead of the only option.

end rant...
whoa people freaked out a little on the vht comment seems like aersol got to your head to be honest dude chill the hell out the vht is exceptionally high for spray can i spray both lights for 30 here so i suggested maybe he could find a reasonable shop ( some people do not know about the mix ^ check the question above)
i have nothing against getting them done at the shop. and i have nothing against you for posting up that extra info for people who dont know about it- no need in keeping suggestions from people.

the only reason i was annoyed, is because: generalizations are annoying. you just got through saying "your buddy... along with all the rest" got dull lights. and that is simply no true. the people who take the time do do this process right will not get dull results. simple as that.

would i take stuff to a shop to get done? yes. would i still do stuff myself with VHT? yes. but theres a choice. and you painter guys are always 100%, take it to a shop. you guys are more biased than anyone else it seems. what a coincidence, you work at a shop, and you think the ONLY option is to take it to a shop....
Old 02-21-2010, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

alright clear and base coat is an OPTION
if you don't have access to good temperature and dust free garage or enviroment take it to a place so it doesn't have trash and bugs in it lol
I met you half way, but i'm not willing to say rattle can is better option than painting lol
Old 02-21-2010, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

wait forgot a thing i own a shop lol and i didn't realize t/a above was vht and it looks really good
Old 02-21-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

its all good man hell, for your price i'd drop everything off with you if you were closer.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

lol i've been thinking about core intakes and tailights i've done some hoods that way and spoilers it may work, but i had someone try to pull a slick one and send me an aftermarket hood and try to get a gm hood back lol

Quick Reply: nightshade on just the reverse light has anyone done it