Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

***Introducing Blackbird Lighting Solutions 98+ Firebird Proj. Headlight Retro GP***

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
i want the bls kit.
what he said.

also, i wanna talk about the temp differences in the superwhites and what those other upgrades might consist of

Last edited by Irish350; 02-20-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have done the impossible. superior job.what is your line of work?
Old 02-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

I want the BLS kit

Low beam only
Old 02-20-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Regular

so just to be absolutely clear--the high beams ARE 65W halogen, correct? Sorry if it's a dumb question...but as I see it, you're simply putting a halogen in a projector housing for the high-beams, correct?
Old 02-20-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I want the BLS kit. PM'd ya.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:55 PM
j0n
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ThoR294
Do you custom fab the 93-97 or do I have to do it myself?
AFAIK the plan is to fabricate a set(Brian has already fabbed a set for his personal car but is working on a higher quality kit before he starts marketing it).

Originally Posted by contraststriker
so just to be absolutely clear--the high beams ARE 65W halogen, correct? Sorry if it's a dumb question...but as I see it, you're simply putting a halogen in a projector housing for the high-beams, correct?
Yes, and if you have a firebird you know just how awful both headlights are lol. Also believe it or not there are dedicated halogen projectors(for instance they come stock in the G8). The highbeams are a huge improvement over stock as well.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

plus who wants mismatched headlights

Are there any plans for.. oh i dunno... halo fog lights, or anything nifty like that?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i'd like a set as well but i might have to wait til the group buy is done as well. dont have the funds right now with me trying to save money to money to fort hood in april
Old 02-20-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by j0n
The idea has been brought up but there would have to be a lot of interest to start fabrication.
There is a lot of interest for the 93-97 Camaro's. Here's a thread that has over 63,000 hits for just that.

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/show...+be+interested

Trust me. If you made this happen, you would be one rich man. I would go so far to say your market would be larger than the 98+ Firebirds.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a PM as I was the one who started that particular thread a few years ago.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Launching!

I want the BLS kit

Last edited by dopy; 02-21-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:20 PM
j0n
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CALL911
There is a lot of interest for the 93-97 Camaro's. Here's a thread that has over 63,000 hits for just that.

Trust me. If you made this happen, you would be one rich man. I would go so far to say your market would be larger than the 98+ Firebirds.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a PM as I was the one who started that particular thread a few years ago.
Well it is a bit more difficult of a platform than the 98+ birds... but we will take that thread into consideration believe me!

PS... your LT1 is amazing LOL
Old 02-20-2010, 11:24 PM
FormerVendor

All PM's replied & sent - Thank You

Originally Posted by Irish350
what he said.

also, i wanna talk about the temp differences in the superwhites and what those other upgrades might consist of
Currently the only options are color temperature for the HIDs and halogen lamp color upgrade options.

Halo foglights, clear/smoked corners, and LEDs are already on the market. I would likely not be able to touch the prices retailers already offer but would be happy to offer advise to compliment the BLS kit.

Originally Posted by blackodium
you have done the impossible. superior job.what is your line of work?
Thank you for the compliments. I am a Mechanical Engineer currently working in the Energy Services industry.

Originally Posted by contraststriker
Yes the high beams use a standard 65W halogen and includes a simple conversion wiring harness to convert from your factory high beam plug to the new lamp type. Again, I went with halogens mainly because HIDs don't like to be flashed on and off. Most OEM vehicles with HIDs use either a halogen high beam. Bixenons use a movable shield so there is not need to flash the HIDs on/off.

Originally Posted by CALL911

I will certainly give it a look and see what can be done. The big difficulty is the very small housings used in the LT1 Camaro. It makes for a very tight space to work and I wouldn't want to produce something I wasn't happy with.

I'll be honest though, I have never intently looked at the existing headlight system to make a clear determination. I have a few that are willing to be the guinea pig.

And yes, I love your car as j0n already mentioned.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

so what about us LT1 Firebird guys? I have a 96 WS6, what are my options? You said you worked with them before?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLSolutions

Thank you for the compliments. If you want everything to be as white as possible, I would recommend going with one of the optional lamp choices for the High Beam.

For the initial group buy, I am offering these kits at a 15-20% discount depending on the kit you purchase.
Is that 15-20% off the $799?
Old 02-21-2010, 07:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Question: Do these lights use the stock wiring Harness or a differant wiring harness, how hard is it to go back to stock? Not sure it would pass the local Safety inspection.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:30 AM
TECH Regular

I want the BLS kit.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:44 AM
FormerVendor

All PM's Returned/Sent - Thank You

Originally Posted by evilZO6
so what about us LT1 Firebird guys? I have a 96 WS6, what are my options? You said you worked with them before?
I do not have a kit for the LT1 car just yet but yes, I have done a similar retrofit to my own 97 TA. You can view it in the appearance hall of fame. I will look into doing a kit for that vehicle if time permits.

Originally Posted by 98PurpleT/A
Is that 15-20% off the $799?
The prices listed are the already discounted Group Buy prices. Once the group buy is over, expect the prices to increase.

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
Question: Do these lights use the stock wiring Harness or a differant wiring harness, how hard is it to go back to stock? Not sure it would pass the local Safety inspection.
Yes! The kit uses the factory wiring harness which is converted to work with the BLS kit. It is all plug and play so there is no wire cutting and you can absolutely return the vehicle to 100% stock with no issue.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
[B]

I will certainly give it a look and see what can be done. The big difficulty is the very small housings used in the LT1 Camaro. It makes for a very tight space to work and I wouldn't want to produce something I wasn't happy with.

I'll be honest though, I have never intently looked at the existing headlight system to make a clear determination. I have a few that are willing to be the guinea pig.

And yes, I love your car as j0n already mentioned.
You are correct. The LT1 housing is smaller, and thus near impossible to fit a 90mm Hella projector into. The choice then is, starting to fab the brackets to fit a 90mm projector into (which would then put it into a non plug and play kit), or go with a slightly smaller projector. My friend and I actually started to try and get this thing together on our own using my Z as the test car. We got stopped when we couldn't find an aftermarket clear lense to put in front of the smaller projector. That coupled with the fact I am usually at work 12+ hours a day at USAF pilot training currently with no time to spare ended up forcing us to mostly give up on the project or at least put it on hold.

In the end, whoever makes it has a huge market with guys begging for something. We even had people trying to pre-paypal us in advance just to get things going if that gives you an idea of how bad they wanted it.

I own no rights to the idea, and ultimatly I just wanted it to be available to such a large group of 4th Gen Camaro owners, more than I wanted to be the one who profited from it. I would just be happy if someone like you who has the means to see it through make it happen.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments on my car

I also may be interested in a BLS kit for my Formula in my sig.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

unfortunately i'm going to have to wait till the GP ends to pick up a set... funds dont allow much right now...
Old 02-21-2010, 10:01 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HoLLo
Hmm, unfortunately I may have to buy these after the group buy is over
same here

Quick Reply: ***Introducing Blackbird Lighting Solutions 98+ Firebird Proj. Headlight Retro GP***