Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

what do to about my headliner

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do to about my headliner

i'm doing a tan to black swap in my '02 hardtop SS and the 2 areas that are hanging me up are the seats(just don't want to spend the money on them right now) and the headliner. for one, the true black interior cars are hard to find, and for two, hardtop cars are hard to find. i'm thinking i might need to just get my headliner recovered, but then i got to thinking how bad it could be to at least try using interior cloth paint on it. the worst that could happen is that i'd have to get my headliner recovered, which i'll probably have to do anyways. what do you guys think? and what paint would you use if you were me? thanks.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

I used the paint to cover up some rubbed up spots by the t-top shades, it works but it looks like *** up close. I am recovering with vinyl this weekend actually
Old 02-24-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Subscribed. I am eager to see how it turned out. I am planning on re-covering my headliner in microfiber from a furniture store. I am basically curious to see how easy how well the old material peels off.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:23 AM
TECH Regular

I believe that dupilcolor sells a spray dye similar to SEM.. Its cheap in contrast to covering the headliner in material but it worked good on my vinyl stuff. says it can be used on carpet too.

I would say its worth a shot.. your susposed to use a brush of some sort to rub it in deep and to help keep the cloth soft so it dosent all just clump together.

Sorry not the best answer you were looking for but it might get you going in the right direction!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went from tan headliner to black and was going to paint the visors black with that fabric spray, so i tried it and it came out looking like ***. So now i have no visors, which looks better IMO