Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Questions about Berger panel

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Questions about Berger panel

Ive wanted to do the berger panel mod for quite awhile now and got an extra panel, the only thing is, it is from a 95 camaro, and mine is a 2000. I was just wondering if they are interchangeable and both fit? And also, those of you that have had your panel painted professionally, how much did it cost you?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00RedMaro
Ive wanted to do the berger panel mod for quite awhile now and got an extra panel, the only thing is, it is from a 95 camaro, and mine is a 2000. I was just wondering if they are interchangeable and both fit? And also, those of you that have had your panel painted professionally, how much did it cost you?
Should be able to fit. Only thing they changed on the rear ends was the tail light design. Take yours off and compare them.

I got mine done in gloss black at a body shop and it was $70.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Alright thank you very much, glad to hear about the painting price. Mine will need to be sanded and everything though.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

1993-2002 were all interchangeable
Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Launching!

its so easy to do yourself man... and in supplies youll spend about 10 bucks or so and save the 60 bucks for you cell phone bill or something lol
Old 04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Launching!

Painting my grille was hard enough lol. I spent 2 days hand sanding it and then spraying it another day and then clearing. I dont have a mechanical sander, so I think having a shop do it, so it looks like a factory panel is the best way for me.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00RedMaro
Alright thank you very much, glad to hear about the painting price. Mine will need to be sanded and everything though.
I took mine in w/ the nice glossy Sebring Silver Metallic still on it, I just removed the emblems and everything first...So that was the final cost after all of the prep work and what not.

I knew that I wanted the Berger mod and never planned on going back to the SSM and IF I ever sell this car then the new owner can buy another SSM panel and put it on if they don't like the black panel
Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you dont have to sand it down to the bone... lol all you have to do is just scuff up the paint a bit and make sure you clean it before you throw he new paint on... get some dupli color paint and clear and you'll be fine.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah they're all the same. I got mine off a '94 and the only thing I had to do was SLIGHTLY file down the hole that the lock goes into. For whatever reason, the hole wasn't quite big enough. Probably has nothing to do with the year though.

I got mine off a black Camaro (so it was already painted gloss black ) for like $12 at a junkyard, you could probably spend the same amount on paint supplies and just DIY. I didn't want to do that though, because I like having the option to switch back and forth between the black and red panels.

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
you dont have to sand it down to the bone... lol all you have to do is just scuff up the paint a bit and make sure you clean it before you throw he new paint on... get some dupli color paint and clear and you'll be fine.
+1, I'm sure there's a write up on here somewhere if you need more details
Old 04-09-2010, 12:43 AM
12 Second Club

If all it needs is scuffed and shot let the shop do it, that way if some thing happens they can't blame it on you. $70 is a fair price that's about what I would charge to paint it

Quick Reply: Questions about Berger panel