Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Headlight polishing service.. Now available.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'll wait for that option first

I don't wanna have to risk cracking the lens when I remove it...
Old 04-11-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

This is good! Im sure you guys would get lots and lots of business !
Old 04-11-2010, 02:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Island Grown
I think I'll wait for that option first

I don't wanna have to risk cracking the lens when I remove it...
it's really not hard at all... i was the same way but just put them in the oven for 20 min and try to pry it apart if it is still tuff put them back in the oven... they come apart really easy!!!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike@ZMS
This pricing applies only to non-damaged GM headlight lenses. We will have to asses extra fees for receiving non-GM units for this service.
add another "s" on to there

But not a bad a deal for $50, how long can you guarantee they will stay clear for? Last time i polished mine they clouded again in a few months.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hlaalu
add another "s" on to there

But not a bad a deal for $50, how long can you guarantee they will stay clear for? Last time i polished mine they clouded again in a few months.
LOL@ the typo. Oops.

The amount of time that they take to yellow depends on a lot of factors, but we do our best. We actually finish all the lenses off with a few passes with a dual action polisher with some hydrophobic and UV resistant polishes and glazes. They should last quite a while under normal conditions.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im still tryin to figure out if its just the lense or the whole head light assembly that youd be saleing to us or what? cause if its the whole assembly im up for it but if not then nevermind cause i dont wanna have to swap out lenses and all that
Old 04-11-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey put me down for a set with the whistler mod.....patiently waiting
Old 04-11-2010, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02CamaroSSLE
it's really not hard at all... i was the same way but just put them in the oven for 20 min and try to pry it apart if it is still tuff put them back in the oven... they come apart really easy!!!
lol.... you have an 02. I have taken apart my 98 lenses and it was a pain in the ***. it was in the oven for a total of over 30 minutes... i dunno about u, but that's a hell of a long time. i'm not trying to bake a cake lol. others have cracked them while taking them apart as well. i just don't want to deal with it again.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

lol.... you have an 02. I have taken apart my 98 lenses and it was a pain in the ***. it was in the oven for a total of over 30 minutes... i dunno about u, but that's a hell of a long time. i'm not trying to bake a cake lol. others have cracked them while taking them apart as well. i just don't want to deal with it again.
what temperature? time clearly isnt the only factor that's gonna help seperate the adhesive. it needs to get hot enough.

and i HIGHLY doubt they changed anthing between 98 and 02 with the materials used in the headlights. i have a 99 and i've done pulled apart like 3 sets of lights now with no issues. if they dont come apart, pop them back in for longer/at higher heat. any one who cracks them is doing something wrong and should simply blame themselves
Old 04-11-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike@ZMS
LOL@ the typo. Oops.

The amount of time that they take to yellow depends on a lot of factors, but we do our best. We actually finish all the lenses off with a few passes with a dual action polisher with some hydrophobic and UV resistant polishes and glazes. They should last quite a while under normal conditions.
Sounds like a great finished product!
Old 04-12-2010, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well if you live close to me i would do it for you for a small fee, (mods im not trying to advertise just helping him out) anyways pm if your close to me.. .
Old 04-12-2010, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
what temperature? time clearly isnt the only factor that's gonna help seperate the adhesive. it needs to get hot enough.

and i HIGHLY doubt they changed anthing between 98 and 02 with the materials used in the headlights. i have a 99 and i've done pulled apart like 3 sets of lights now with no issues. if they dont come apart, pop them back in for longer/at higher heat. any one who cracks them is doing something wrong and should simply blame themselves
LOL why is it so hard to believe that all mass produced parts are not made equal? i too have taken apart a few headlights with no issues. you guys are funny.

bump for a great service.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
im still tryin to figure out if its just the lense or the whole head light assembly that youd be saleing to us or what? cause if its the whole assembly im up for it but if not then nevermind cause i dont wanna have to swap out lenses and all that
Its not just the clear portion of the lens if thats what your asking. It basically the entire headlight minus the adjusters and brackets.

It is really not that difficult to swap out.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hlaalu
Sounds like a great finished product!
We do our best to offer a quality service and quality products. I thoroughly enjoy receiving positive feedback from my customers and do everything I can to correct any issues they may experience.

Let me know when you want to polish yours up!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by silversrtman
hey put me down for a set with the whistler mod.....patiently waiting
If and when we ever offer the whistler service, I will shoot you a PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:53 AM

Great idea just think its a bit of a hassle, for a couple of bucks more offer to take off the lens off the assembly and I bet you will get way more customers (because stock headlighs cost a lot of money!). If anyone wants them to look better without a lot of money head down to autozone and buy 1000 grade sandpaper and a can of clearcoat and just sand them down and take off all the yellow stuff (or all of the old clear) and make sure they dry good (and clean the lenses with a non lint towel) and apply about three to six layers of clear and they should look good as new. Its easy but takes a while to sand but it was less than ten dollars and me and my friends did it to my ss, a malibu (2003) and a mustang third brake light. I have had it for over two months and still looks good and I live in a dusty/sandy area and some rain, don't want to invade your thread just giving people other options that are budget friendly
Old 04-17-2010, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

i want mine whistlered, when you offer the service im in for sure. Send me a pm also.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by b's90cam
i want mine whistlered, when you offer the service im in for sure. Send me a pm also.
We are looking into offering the whistler mod for these soon. It will be considerably more expensive as well as the fact that we may not be able to offer a core service for them either.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I wet sanded mine with 2000 grit paper and then polished them with plastic polish with a buffer and they look brand new...took about an hour...I did this a year and a half ago and they still look good...nothing to it but get off your azz and do it...
Old 04-24-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the people on the fence about this, its a great service. it was worth it to me just to get rid of the horns on the stock lights

I have no good pics on the car because its been raining out for a few days

Quick Reply: Headlight polishing service.. Now available.