Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

has anyone used this hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
But i have nothing at all against VFN whatsoever, and feel they are a great company.
You just bashed VFN in your response.

but i hate to hear some people bash one company for pretty much no reason of their own.
Little bit contradicting? You just bashed VFN and you do not even own a product of there's. Have you even dealt with there customer service before?

If you decide to keep this up I will have to start giving out bans. VFN (as pretty much ever sponsor) has complains on this board and each case is different. Plenty of times customers post up negative comments before they allow a company to ever respond.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I had no idea the company was that bad when I bought the hood for my 94! I sure won't be shopping with them when I get a hood for the 01!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just searched the ebay seller, on google and some mustangs guys had real bad experiences.

I'll pass and just go w/ Trufiber. better safe than sorry
Old 04-19-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Out of all the cars I have owned I have only had 1 Aftermarket Hood Bolt on with no fitment issues. And that was my VIS Racing CF hood for my 99 GSX.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

VFN- i haven't read past the first line of your post, so i'll start by saying i'm not on their payroll just a very pleased customer. but that is a good one. I'll vouche for ANY product i have bought and been happy with. check 6LITEREATERS splitter threads, and you'll see i'm always there vouching for their stuff, trying to get them a few more sales, same goes for emblempros, afterthoughtsauto, WS6store, 3rdgendecals.com, etc. i bring business to businesses i've dealt with and been happy with.

what sucks hearing that line from you, is that you're clearly on LS1tech so little that you don't even know that I have suggested YOUR VFN hoods to people plenty of times, even though i don't even have any of your products. when people ask for suggestions of what hoods to go with, I'm always one of the first to reply, and your hoods are always one of my suggestions. i hardly ever even mention Hoods4sale because of how defensive everyone gets about them (like right now). the only time i talk about this company is when they are asked about specifically, in a thead like this.

But, i'd just like to appologive for anything negative you feel was directed at you. it wont happen again sir

I'll read your full reply once i feel like taking the time to read the novel

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
Little bit contradicting? You just bashed VFN and you do not even own a product of there's. Have you even dealt with there customer service before?

If you decide to keep this up I will have to start giving out bans. VFN (as pretty much ever sponsor) has complains on this board and each case is different. Plenty of times customers post up negative comments before they allow a company to ever respond.
I have deleted everythinhg i said of VFN.

all i'm saying is that, I have this companies hoods, and i am just trying to relate my experience to a member who has asked about them.

anyone who really read what i said would know that i was not really bashing VFN, and i was talking about 2-3 very specific threads that have been posted here in this section, that people who actually hang around here would no about.

wont happen again boss!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey crimson, how long have you had the ebay hoods on your cars? Any warping of the hoods?

Not gonna lie, I thought your Camaro hood was the VFN one lol fit and finished fooled me
Old 04-19-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by whytryz28
Hey crimson, how long have you had the ebay hoods on your cars? Any warping of the hoods?

Not gonna lie, I thought your Camaro hood was the VFN one lol fit and finished fooled me
camaro hoods been on since last June i believe, and the Trans am's hood has been on since August.

no problems with either whatsoever.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:29 PM
FormerVendor

Look, I don't want to get into a battle with you.
I have more important things to do here at the shop then this...really...

But the way I see it...is that you leaving negative comments about our company because you wish to promote another non-sponsor company, is like me jumping on your profile, leaving negative feedback for everyone to see about a transaction I never had with you.

I am on the board all the time - that is why I am constantly bumping into these threads where you do this.

And you would also know by reading my posts that I am a gal - this is why my name is Jeanie

I do thank you for removing what you said about our company.
And I did notice that on 2 previous threads you did give us some compliments about our product (THANK YOU!).
But this was done after I had to report you on some of these ebay threads that you were jumping in and doing the same thing to us.

Now I believe that there is nothing wrong with promoting a business that you've had a good experience with at all...I see it all the time, and have absolutely no problem with it.
But unfortunately with you, it is pretty extensive...and to see our name pop up all over your thread when you don't know any of the circumstances behind that complaint at all, is just nuts.

And just so everyone is aware...we did try to work with that customer.

If you do decide to promote the biz on ebay - no worries...just please do not bash us...that is all I am asking.
You do not have our product or any experience with dealing with our customer service.

My "novel" is basically the same information I have written before - so if you had read it in another thread...you'll know the same.....

I am just basically directing anyone who is interested in purchasing from this company to information that is freely available on the web, should they do a search.
So that they can make a good decision from this information about their purchase.
There are MANY customers who have chimed in about their experiences with this company on the other forum...and I am directing them to this information.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vfntech
Look, I don't want to get into a battle with you.
I have more important things to do here at the shop then this...really...

But the way I see it...is that you leaving negative comments about our company because you wish to promote another non-sponsor company, is like me jumping on your profile, leaving negative feedback for everyone to see about a transaction I never had with you.

I am on the board all the time - that is why I am constantly bumping into these threads where you do this.

And you would also know by reading my posts that I am a gal - this is why my name is Jeanie

I do thank you for removing what you said about our company.
And I did notice that on 2 previous threads you did give us some compliments about our product (THANK YOU!).
But this was done after I had to report you on some of these ebay threads that you were jumping in and doing the same thing to us.

Now I believe that there is nothing wrong with promoting a business that you've had a good experience with at all...I see it all the time, and have absolutely no problem with it.
But unfortunately with you, it is pretty extensive...and to see our name pop up all over your thread when you don't know any of the circumstances behind that complaint at all, is just nuts.

And just so everyone is aware...we did try to work with that customer.

If you do decide to promote the biz on ebay - no worries...just please do not bash us...that is all I am asking.
You do not have our product or any experience with dealing with our customer service.

My "novel" is basically the same information I have written before - so if you had read it in another thread...you'll know the same.....

I am just basically directing anyone who is interested in purchasing from this company to information that is freely available on the web, should they do a search.
So that they can make a good decision from this information about their purchase.
There are MANY customers who have chimed in about their experiences with this company on the other forum...and I am directing them to this information.
Dont get him wrong Jeanie, ive seen MANY VFN products and all of them are worth every penny, but some guys are cheap asses (me lol) and wouldnt mind a bit of extra work for a lot less cash haha

BTW, is there a wait time on your 93-97 camaro sunoco hood?
Old 04-19-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Veteran

i too have better things to do.

like i said, im sorry for anything negative i said about VFN.

i would continue to go on, because there are quite a few fallacies about me in your post.

but i'm sure if i just try to defend myself, i'll get banned/punished. so have a good day.

Also, sorry about calling you "sir" Jeanie. i didn't really know who you were.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lets see some pics haha I want to see the good and the bad to back up what everyone is saying
Old 04-19-2010, 03:11 PM
FormerVendor

WhyTry....I understand completely. I'm one of those people too sometimes (depending)..lol!

Currently we have a 5-6 week production time on this item.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Teching In

http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/a...urrent=008.jpg

mine is from hoods4sale off ebay, took alot of work but looks good now, there was no clearance for my air lid, so we had to cut the underside of the hood
Old 04-19-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

FWIW I was about to purchase a hood from these YAHOO's from ebay ofcourse. Heres what went down.

ME:Heres the deal: I was about to purchase a hood from your company, but all the feedback ABOUT YOUR HOODS was not good. Infact here is a quote from your FB page, "please note we sell hoods at half the cost as all others,99% FB rating.". Yes your feedback IS over 99% BUT 99% of your buisness is SELLING COINS< NOT HOODS. ALL your company seems to do is Bash your customers, not good buisness. That did it for me. thanks for being another crappy E-BAY company. Who cares if your hoods are "half the price", they're 1/100th of the quality to, according to you.

This is what they had to say :

look under "fiberglass hood"in completed listings on ebay, we have sold 231 hoods in the last 60 days, sorry but it is public knowledege on record for everyone to see, we have 3200 plus POSITIVE feedbacks on hoods marked private, if you have hours to spend reviewing our feedback, it speaks for itself, we pay ebay over 4000.00 a month is commision and lising fees, sorry our success brings sooo much contempt to your PATHETIC life.
You do not have to worry about buying anything from us as we blcoked you from buying.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Veteran

^just curious, what were you expecting to get out of your message? besides the "pathetic life" thing (that was pretty uncalled for on their part), they're response sounded normal, and they gave you the facts. seeing as though you sent a message that was completely insulting their company, im surprised you got that much. their hood sales are under private in their feedback, if you actually took the time to look through it, which i doubt you did.

so to summarize: you completely bashed their comapny in a message, saying things that were pretty much completely false, which led to them blocked you from buying... whats your point as a seller on ebay, i would do the same. ebay fees cost way too much to be dealing with some buyers looking for something to complain about
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

^just curious, what were you expecting to get out of your message? besides the "pathetic life" thing (that was pretty uncalled for on their part), they're response sounded normal, and they gave you the facts. seeing as though you sent a message that was completely insulting their company, im surprised you got that much. their hood sales are under private in their feedback, if you actually took the time to look through it, which i doubt you did.

so to summarize: you completely bashed their comapny in a message, saying things that were pretty much completely false, which led to them blocked you from buying... whats your point as a seller on ebay, i would do the same. ebay fees cost way too much to be dealing with some buyers looking for something to complain about
Very true, and I agree, but what I want to know is why the hoods are private. The coins aren't. Thats the major thing keeping me from getting one...
Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Veteran

i have no clue. that was something that confused me too. i've noticed some other sellers and some buyers doing that too (keeping some or all stuff private), but i'm not sure why they do it.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

One would have to believe if it was all positive, there would be no need for keeping it private. In doing so, they only make people more cautious/skeptical.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

definitely true.

but the listing being private doesnt stop you from reading the feedback the customer left. all it stops you from doing is viewing exactly what they bought. so all you really don't know is, what hood/ what car they bought a hood for, since only the hoods are private.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

definitely true.

but the listing being private doesnt stop you from reading the feedback the customer left. all it stops you from doing is viewing exactly what they bought. so all you really don't know is, what hood/ what car they bought a hood for, since only the hoods are private.
So in instances where a coin was sold and someone said "fast shipping, good product" the seller could private it and someone would assume it was a hood? I just see the lack of transparency from this "company" as a major red flag. If they were as confident in their "success" as they seem to be in the post by getusumws6, I have no doubt they would be flaunting the very specific details of each positive transaction in order to persuade more buyers to purchase.

From a marketing point of view, they are failing to provide consumers (us) with one of the major concerns in any given purchase situation: lowering the perceived level of risk.

I'm not trying to bash this company, I'm just trying to supply an objective view of the situation. Who wouldn't love a nice hood at half the price of other places? The theory is sound, the practice doesn't necessarily seem to be. I don't have any first-hand experience and I know you do crimson. I wish someone who lived local would do us all a favor and go check the place out, wouldn't hurt anything. I along with others who have viewed this thread are looking for objective and unbiased information regarding the quality, fit, and finish of the hoods from this seller. Is it impossible to make hoods that fit well for that price? I am not familiar with the fiberglass production industry, but you have to wonder where they are making ANY money selling these things at those prices. If there is any significant profit margin, the time/money spent on making the hoods has to be minimal.

Last edited by MjMaro; 04-19-2010 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply: has anyone used this hood