Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

has anyone used this hood

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default has anyone used this hood

Did anyone buy one of these hood if so what do you think and can you post pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fiber...Q5fAccessories
Old 04-15-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Don't waist your money
Old 04-15-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah I know I been looking for a ss hood for around that price I got my last ss hood for about 250 they really went up.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I still would like to see a picture of one if someone has one
Old 04-15-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

iv went through that sellers feed back and i dont like how it looks.... they sell 20x more coins than hoods... and almost all the hood reveiws are all bad.. most have fitment issues and such
just my personal opinion...id stay away..
Old 04-16-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've really been considering that guys Sunoco hood, especially for the price. I'm still not sure on it, but the best thing to do if you do get one, is when it gets delivered, have yours already off, unbox it and put it on there to see how it fits. If it looks and fits fine, sign for it, if not, let em send it back to the guy. He'll most likely send another or a refund. You'll be SOL though if you sign for it first. You won't have to pay for the shipping if you don't sign for it. Usually the delivery guy won't mind waiting a few minutes for you to throw it on there.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I want to see what the ss hood looks like with the different scoop
Old 04-16-2010, 01:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

he steals molds from companies and does a horrible job copying them, dont cheap out. save for a quality hood
Old 04-16-2010, 05:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ROUDA
Did anyone buy one of these hood if so what do you think and can you post pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fiber...Q5fAccessories
check ma sig, fquick, cardomain, any pics I've posted up. both cars have hoods from the same seller. couldn't be happier. i LOVE my freakin hoods. both look great.

but, i must say, i did NONE of the install work. i bought my camaro's hood last year (may-june) when i was getting some other body work done, and just figured I'd get a new hood at the same time, since i was going to be repainting the full car anyway. When i got the hood in the mail, i just opened the box and checked it out (looked good to me), and then dropped it off at the body shop where my car was already getting work done. came back in a few days and the hood was fitted/installed, and looking great.

i was happy enough with the camaro's hood that i went back to them again when i picked up the trans am in august, to get a ws6 hood for it. that time, i didn't even check the box (probably should've just in case), but there were no issues with it. i had the shipping company deliver it to the body shop this time, and was there when it arrived (shipping company calls to let you know 15-30 minutes before they deliver). I left my car and the box there at the shop that morning, and didn't see the car again until the hood was on and painted to match. once again, looked perfect.

i bought both hoods before i ever posted on LS1tech, or read anything about hoods on the site. i used to come on here, but only when i was looking for specific info, not just to browse. i didn't even sign up till i had the Ls1. so at the time i bought the camaro's hood, i had NO clue what VFN was, or what the Sunoco hood was, so when i found that hood, that i had never seen on any other camaro's except 1 pewter camaro on cardomain, i fell in love with it and decided to buy it. never regretted it.

So, i have been perfectly happy on 2 of 2 occasions, with no issues with my hoods. not only that, i only spent between $6-700, for both hoods, shipping included. But, like i said, i did NONE of the body work. and i don't know how hard it was for the shop. they did tell me that for the camaro, the end points at the windshield ran up a little further than they were supposed to, but they were able to trim them to perfection, to where I'd never know this had he not told me. So, what i suggest IF you do buy it, is get a shop to check it out for you/install it if you don't feel up to it (i didn't)

and to anyone who knows eBay, and the way it works as a seller, you will know that maintaining good/perfect feedback can be VERY hard, and does not happen without being a good seller. my feedback score is 100% on about 400 transactions, and i must say, that **** has been hard to accomplish, especially when you get some dumb ***/ hard to work with buyers. for them to have 99% positive feedback, that says a lot. and the people who do have problems, all got full refunds, because they stand by their stuff.

the thing that gets me all the time here on ls1tech, is the biased, uninformed opinions that so many people have. Many people bash this company for no reasons of their own, simply because other people have said not to go to them, "other people", being people who have also never bought from them, or having no experience with the company. get off the damn bandwagon!

You'll hear MANY people saying that old BS, "you get what you pay for," and other nonsense, but PLEASE, tell me what the hell is difference between this, and the cheap *** ebay SS spoilers that everyone seems to be okay with. (https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...t-not-oem.html -15 pages of lots of happy customers)

if we look at the "get what you pay for" ideal, why are these spoilers not half assed, horrible fitting spoilers, since they are half the price of what the major companies sell SS spoilers for? and why do my $55 dollar corsa clones from afterthoughtsauto look so damn nice on the back of my car, when they're a quarter of the price of their competitors, and an eighth of the price of true corsa's? i dont think i would have gotten 8 times more satisfaction from buying the real things, so i dont exactly thing i'd "get what i paid for" if i went with them.

okay, i'm done. its damn near 4 in the morning, i just woke up, and i'm a little out of it right now. so i'm gonna end my opinion/rant here. this is just one of those topics that gets under my skin a little bit.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 04-19-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

I'm sorry but it will be hard to, "just throw it on." No aftermarket hood is 100% ready out of the box. Even VFN requires some modification. I will say these hood are actually really high quality. I have one of his cowls on my 94 and love it. Fair warning it comes with its own hardware but is too long. If you bolt it in you will pop a hole in your hood. I had to cut mine down. The problem is the hardware was attached to blocks of wood and threaded in the hood. So they were long.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one of his hoods on my Mustang (no pics on this computer)

it was damn-near perfect out of the box

All I really had to do was fill a tiny pea-sized indentation and one front corner didnt quite sit flush with the fender - I'd say less than 1/32th. I put less than 30 minutes into the prep. It honestly fit better than most factory/OEM hoods I've installed.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a oem lt1 ss hood for sale if your interested the link is in my sig but it is no where the 250 price range...
Old 04-16-2010, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have his "Sunoco" style hood... other than the normal tweaking that is required, my install was flawless. I too have a few small things to fix as far as the gel coat, but was well worth the money!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:58 AM
Teching In

I have that exact hood on my 94. The hood does not fit perfectly. It is a bit high at the front two corners, about 1 cm. If I add hood pins it will fit perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails has anyone used this hood-camaro-hood.jpg   has anyone used this hood-camaro-hood2.jpg  
Old 04-17-2010, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dinesh_H
I have that exact hood on my 94. The hood does not fit perfectly. It is a bit high at the front two corners, about 1 cm. If I add hood pins it will fit perfectly.
Might sound stupid, but did you adjust the plastic stops?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Yes, they are all the way down. The corners are still a bit high. But I'm being picky. The hood looks great.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that doesnt look to bad post more pics i you can of different angles I like them
Old 04-18-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I still want to get more opinions
Old 04-19-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn, now you guys have me interested.

If I can save my dad 300 bux, then I might do it.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

Crimson Bird - I'm kinda getting the feeling that maybe you're on this company's payroll?

There was no question about our products in this thread...but yet you mention that there are MANY complaints about our products on the board (along with US Exotics).
In a case where we are unable to help a customer - it is generally because there is a very valid reason. We have tried our best to work with them...and for one reason or another...the customer did not wish to do what we requested from them.

We do not just "brush" off our customers - and have even gone out of our way to fit hoods, exchange hoods and help our customers LONG PAST the warranty date.

You do not even have our product!

I don't think you can honestly state this as fact - because for as many complaints we have had on the board over the last several years - we get 2-3x more complaints and good feedback about our products.
How about stating that as well?...

For everyone else.....
The only reason this company does not have a many complaints is because not a lot of members use their product, so they do not have a lot of feedback.
I hope it stays that way - because this company is not a great company to deal with.
It is a company that is just interested in making a quick buck off their customers (and other companies that they steal designs from) and not deal with any problems they encounter.

Does this mean you're going to get a quality product? With a valid warranty?
Absolutely not.

This is a company that has no problem stealing other companies designs (ours, Harwoods, US Exotics, Cervinis - even leaving their patient number on the hood!).
The reason they do this is to save thousands in design/mold costs.

What does this mean for the customer?
Sure, some money savings.
But making a hood in this manner does nothing for quality.
You are more likely to get waves, dimples, major body work issues - along with fitment issues - because their molds are not made from a factory original.

Will they stand behind their product if a major issue comes up?
NO!

You can read many complaints on this thread from valid customers who have experience with this company...who have filed suit against this company and who are spreading the word around about this company.
Sure does not sound like they're standing behind their product at all.

If there is any bad feedback on their ebay site as well...believe it.
This company only changes names, not the way they treat customers.

You can find this here:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273968

I would even suggest that anyone interested in purchasing a hood from this company does a search on the 'net prior to making that purchase.
This is a company that had traveled the racing circuits (this is how we are familiar with them) and are now selling exclusively on ebay along with yet another name change because of how many complaints they have against their company.

Yes.
This is a company with numerous name changes.

Cincinatti Composits, Hoods4Less, Hoods4Sale, etc., etc.

All this company does is take customers money and move on when problems pile up. And they are still located about a 1/2 mile away from their old location!

So I would say that these complaints go way beyond anything that has been said about our company.
We stand behind our product and generally go that extra mile to help our customers.
Roger at US Exotics has done the same - yes...he has a few issues right now...but he is still working to correct them and make it right.

Can you get the same service from this company?
No, I don't think so. I would not even expect it.

The old saying is true...you do get what you pay for.

Here are some links for other members who are curious about the background of this company.

Some of these complaints are not even fitment issues.
These are MAJOR SAFETY ISSUES - like hoods flying off the customer's cars!
Where is their great customer service?????
Not helping these guys - that's for sure.

This is the main reason why I try to inform anyone who is even interested in their products.
If it were a reputable company I would not be in this thread - but it is not.

And I hope that by providing this information that members can make a decision based on the information that is out there about this company.

Here is another linK:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...-familier.html

Last edited by vfntech; 04-19-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Quick Reply: has anyone used this hood