Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Which style clear corner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which style clear corner?

So I know everybody says Ebay to buy them, but I've seen multiple versions of them and don't know which one to get. There seems to be two primary styles:

I like the look of the second one better and am unsure what to think of the pattern found on the first one (I'd like the second one better if it didn't have that section on the top half, is that even visible after installation?). On the other hand, I don't what I saw described as the "fried egg" look from the yellow bulb showing through in the second one since the clear part in front of the bulb isn't frosted/distorted. Any one have up close pictures of both styles or insight as to which looks better? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

i have the ones in the second pic, at the moment im at work and these are the only 2 pics that i have available, kinda low quality but here yuh go.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

and ps i really like them, mine havent leaked a drop (i did seal them up before i ever installed them) and i like them alot. My plan is to put some PIAA bulbs in there because they shine a hyper white but they have a blue bulb so i think it would look sick having it reflect blue but shine white.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have some like the second pic but mine are black like they have a black backin to em and i never sealed them up and they havent leaked one drop
Old 04-28-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine are like the 2nd pic. They're VHT'd and also haven't leaked a drop.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Launching!

That pattern looks more similar to the first picture? The second one is basically just clear plastic as far as I can tell on the wider end.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

I have the ones in the first pic.
They suck *** and leak everytime I wash my car which is very often.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

i like the 1st
Old 04-28-2010, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dhowdy
That pattern looks more similar to the first picture? The second one is basically just clear plastic as far as I can tell on the wider end.
Oops! Slip of the finger. They're like the first. From what I hear, sometimes it's just luck to get a set that don't leak. So I hear that it's recommended to seal the edges with silicone sealant, just in case.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thecobrahunter
Oops! Slip of the finger. They're like the first. From what I hear, sometimes it's just luck to get a set that don't leak. So I hear that it's recommended to seal the edges with silicone sealant, just in case.
Cool, thanks. It also looks like that top frosted part isn't really visible once installed? That was my greatest reservation with them as I think the bottom part is a better pattern for the lights.

*edit* And here's the picture I saw where someone called it a fried egg (this would be the second style which is completely clear there).