Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

"FINISHED" my SOMs Interior - Ebony Leather and Ostrich

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah they definitely hit hard lol. I have two 12's back there and I think one major reason why they rattle my brain so much is because everything reflects off the back glass. All my friends that ride with me love it lol
Old 05-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
One other thing I was thinking of doing is gloss black hydrocoating the window switch/door handles, the plastic dash around the gauges, the radio bezel and console top....how do yall think that would look?
I think this would be a tasteful addition to what is already a classy interior. If you just plan on having it gloss black then just take it to your local paint shop and have them spray it. The finish is the same as hydrocoating. You might even call around and see who is spraying ceramic clears. More durable than your normal 2k clear and has the same gloss characteristics.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Props for trying something different. I am just not the biggest fan of the ostrich. Everything else on your car makes this upholstery job seem below par. I would see if a professional could use some steam to make the upholstery fit tighter or something. It just seems like it is sagging. Go ahead everyone, and flame away as to why I am a dick with no taste.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 02WS6speed
I think this would be a tasteful addition to what is already a classy interior. If you just plan on having it gloss black then just take it to your local paint shop and have them spray it. The finish is the same as hydrocoating. You might even call around and see who is spraying ceramic clears. More durable than your normal 2k clear and has the same gloss characteristics.
Yeah, thats what dragon recommended as well. I thought the hydrocoating would be more durable than paint but being its not I can paint them myself.

Originally Posted by transaman98
Props for trying something different. I am just not the biggest fan of the ostrich. Everything else on your car makes this upholstery job seem below par. I would see if a professional could use some steam to make the upholstery fit tighter or something. It just seems like it is sagging. Go ahead everyone, and flame away as to why I am a dick with no taste.
Your certainly entitled to your opinion...like I said the ostrich is a love or hate it thing. I have always liked it and wanted to use it in the car, and I am very happy with the results. I will say the quality of the seats is far from below par...like them or not the quality of the work is top rate and there was no corners cut.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Great job on the interior bro!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

before i even opened the thread i knew it would be badass. plain and simple you have the cleanest trans am out there everything is prestine you should really get a set of cts v brembos for the front and powdercoat them som they are pretty cheap and would look ****** awsome

Last edited by therobman; 05-02-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by therobman
before i even opened the thread i knew it would be badass. plain and simple you have the cleanest trans am out there everything is prestine you should really get a set of cts v brembos for the front and powdercoat them som they are pretty cheap and would look ****** awsome
Thanks man...I know you have followed the progess of the car for a while! When you mentioned the brakes have you seen this thread (although I do wish I had went with the CTS V prior to having them chromed...):
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...s-som-ws6.html
Old 05-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Everything about your car looks amazing!! I dont know anything else that you could to it it lol!!
Old 05-02-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Skips2002TransAm
Everything about your car looks amazing!! I dont know anything else that you could to it it lol!!
give him time. he'll find something
Old 05-03-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i saw u chromed and polished your stockers you should sell the front and get the brembos that will really set off your car even though its already amazing
Old 05-03-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Your certainly entitled to your opinion...like I said the ostrich is a love or hate it thing. I have always liked it and wanted to use it in the car, and I am very happy with the results. I will say the quality of the seats is far from below par...like them or not the quality of the work is top rate and there was no corners cut.
I'm not trying to dig on you or anything. I completely understand the love hate thing. I am sure there are a few things that have been done to my TA that I would get criticized for. When I refer to "par" I am referring to it in the same manner as you would as a particular hole on a golf course. Your car has a much higher bar set for par. I was just comparing it to everything else that you have done to your car. The 3rd or 4th picture you posted of your back seat is why I made the comment about the upholstery not looking like it fits properly. Up to this point it has been the only thing that I was not a fan of as far as your mods go. Like I said props for trying something different. As long as you like it that's all that really matters. Apparently plenty of people seem to like it though!

Last edited by transaman98; 05-03-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^cause ostrich is ****!n gorgeous

i could see the "below par" thing, if he used some cheap, low quality material and slapped that in a perfect show car, which has set the bar very high. but ostrich is neither cheap nor low quality.

"par" should be used to describe how well the quality of products going into the car, compare to the quality of what is already in the car (not so much opinion of how much you like them or not). similar to golf, where being par would be matching the value already given to the hole. above par, would be to do better than the value given... eagle, birdie, etc...

nothing against your opinion, just your use of the word par.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 05-03-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am sure the quality of the material is above par but just because it has an expensive price tag does not necessarily mean it is above par. Ill go ahead and retract my use of the word par. My main point that I should have made instead of letting myself get side tracked with a personal opinion, is that the fitment of the upholstery should be better. The front seats don't seem to fit too bad actually but the rears do not fit very well(at least from the picture angle). FWIW I am not trying to sit here and act like my interior is any diamond in the rough either. Actually it is far from being in this good of shape. Just stating my thoughts.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks REALLY good!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Regular

Looks badass! Where did u get ur white gauges @?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
give him time. he'll find something
Thanks man! I apprecaite it...

Originally Posted by ls1jorge
Looks badass! Where did u get ur white gauges @?
There actually silver McGewen (sp?) overlays...they were one of the few mods already on the car when I bought it. I have just kind of kept them for that reason.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-04-2010, 01:50 AM
11 Second Club

Oh my lord that looks comfy as hell.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Well I appreciate a nice interior. However, Im not sure why the seats are quite so plain for a "show car" The ostrich was a nice touch though. Also, not sure why the panels on the rear seat back look like a 2 year olds stack of building blocks.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

I like it the fact that you left it black on black(leather/ostrich) makes it more classy!!!

Quick Reply: "FINISHED" my SOMs Interior - Ebony Leather and Ostrich