Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wiring Eagle Eyes (4 white wires for Halos?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring Eagle Eyes (4 white wires for Halos?)

Alright. I don't like posting for help, but when I have no other choice after searching and searching, I have to. I read through a bunch of "wiring halos" threads, and it seems everyone has a normal color of wire for their halos... ie blue & black, or red & black, or perhaps red & white. I recently purchased a used set of Eagle Eye Projector CCFL Halos from a member on here, and I can't for the life of me get the halos to light up. The lights have 2 halo rings, 6 leds, and a projector for HIDs. The leds use a red and black wire, and the halo rings appear to use 4 white wires. Out of one grommet is 2 white wires, and out of a grommet right next to it are 2 more white wires. I assumed one set would be for one ring, and the other set for the other ring. I've tried every possible combination and CANNOT get them to light. What am I doing wrong? I doubt the seller would sell me crap, and it's odd that neither light is working. The left and right lights do the same... the leds work fine, but I can't get either halo to light on the left or right headlight. Anybody have any tips? I am touching the wires directly to the battery... will that not work? It works fine for the leds. I wanted to test what each wire did before I started final installation, so I figured touching positive to the postive terminal and negative to the negative terminal would work fine. If anybody has any ideas, please let me know. Hopefully this is in the right section. Thanks to anyone who might be willing to offer some advice. I've messaged the member I purchased them from... hopefully he can shed some light on the subject as well. Thanks for reading.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I'm missing an inverter... does anybody here have CCFL halos?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

i live in layton... maybe i could help...?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jb98camaro
i live in layton... maybe i could help...?
You may be the person I see in the neighborhood all the time. If so, you know who I am... little white S-10 Xtreme. Are your halos CCFL? I'm thinking the person I purchased them from didn't send the inverter with everything. This little device:

Feel free to shoot me a PM or come on by... if you are who I think you are... just drive down to the end of the street to the dead end and you'll see my truck and car. Thanks for the response.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

ya! i know you! haha
are they the ones like i have? have you seen mine? mine didnt come with an inverter... they just have two wires

EDIT: mine are ccfl halos.. i got them on ebay

Last edited by jb98camaro; 05-25-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:57 PM

Default Help

I have bought the same used lights did you ever solve this was it the inverter

Quick Reply: Wiring Eagle Eyes (4 white wires for Halos?)