Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

***Blackbird Lighting Solutions 93-97 Firebird True Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight GP**

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ***Blackbird Lighting Solutions 93-97 Firebird True Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight GP**

BLS 93-97 Firebird True Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit GP

GP Good Through July 11th!

BLS is proud to introduce the new addition to the extremely popular 98+ Firebird projector headlight retrofit upgrade.

Nothing on the market today will provide the quality and lighting performance this kit offers while being COMPLETELY Plug-N-Play. No permanent modification is required or necessary.

Why these outperform other lighting choices on the market today:

These lights feature:
- Infiniti FX Bi-Xenon Projectors - Modified Cutoff Shield/Upgraded Clear Projector Lens (Improved cutoff and clarity)
- Custom designed mounting system for ease of installation and easy adjustment
- Custom thermoformed impact resistant projector covers
- Custom designed aesthetic hardware covers
- Custom fit projector shrouds
- Entirely Plug-N-Play – No cutting, grinding, stripping or permanent modification
- Fully plug and play wiring harness

Other lighting options:
1) OEM Headlights – Horrendous light output compared to 99% of other new cars produced today.

2) Sealed beam headlight upgrade (Silverstar) – Marginally better than OEM with slightly better color however light output is still very poor. Poor lamp life is also very common.

3) Sealed Beam Conversion – Allows for more lamp options and typically used with coated halogen bulbs producing better but not ground breaking results. Light output sometimes can be worse depending upon the lamp chosen and the coating on the aftermarket lamp.

4) E-Code Conversion Housings – A costly conversion for “better” conversion housings but still lacking the focus and performance of a projector.

5) Sealed Beam Conversion w/ HID Kit – This has been an upgrade which is affordable for most however light output is horribly scattered and uncontrolled. Many of these setups require you to lose your high beams as well.

6) Fixed Headlight Conversion – Certainly the most expensive option ($1K+) with questionable performance, fitment and love it or hate it styling. The low beam uses a DOT approved non-projector housing which will not have the performance of a quality projector. The headlights also require extensive body modification to fit.

The BLS Kit Difference

Shown with 5000k 35W System

Cutoff - Notice the nice color strip at the edges

Long Range Cutoff

Overhead Light Spread

Low Beam/High Beam Comparison - Notice the distance (Tower becomes visible in the first comparison)

Misc Pictures

Cruising Around - Video camera isn't the best but you can clearly see the controlled light spread in the darker areas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVhv7WcjlM

Very dark street - Low and High Function Shown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBKGt9CdP0Y

Installation/Adjustment:
An installation CD will be packaged with each kit and if you can install a new headlamp in your car, this will not be much harder. Simple hand tools are the only requirement and will be outlined in the instruction manual so you have just what you need. Tolerances are very tight on these vehicles in the headlight area however these were designed to fit perfectly. Adjustment will be just like stock and you will have no issues aiming these lights quickly and effectively.

What You Get: Special Group Buy Pricing

Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit - $699 shipped within the continental US (PM for international shipping charges)

- Modified Infiniti FX True Bi-Xenon Projectors
- Aluminum Mounting Frames
- Main Protective Cover Lenses
- Acrylic Hardware Cover
- Projector Shrouds
- Stainless Hardware
- HID kit with ballasts/lamps
- PnP Wiring Harness
- Detailed Instruction Guide CD

HID Color Options
4300K – White with some yellow
5000K – Bright White with touch of blue at the cutoff - Standard
6000K – White with Blue Tint

Group Buy Info:
The Group Buy will last through July 11th or until I receive at least 10 orders. Construction time is 3-4 weeks.

If you would like to purchase the BLS kit, please PM me with the title "I WANT THE BLS KIT" and I will send you the payment information.

Last edited by BLSolutions; 07-10-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these are badass and thanks for PMing me the notice on this.

Where did you mount the ballasts?
Old 06-26-2010, 02:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

PM sent bishes! Hop on this, this kit came along way aesthetically from his write up.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Torque Fiend
these are badass and thanks for PMing me the notice on this.

Where did you mount the ballasts?
Ballasts are mounted in the small flat area right to the inside of the headlights. I will take a picture of where these are located. It's almost as if a ballast was meant to fit there they fit so well.

PM sent bishes! Hop on this, this kit came along way aesthetically from his write up.
PM returned! Thank you and yes they have come a very very long way since the original. Everything about it has been improved from the way it looks to the way it performs.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey brian, glad your finally doing this. question though... do they only come as pictured here or can you get a different trim ring to go around the projector. i remember you saying somthing about that in an earlier post. If so what other ones are there to choose from. And i guess this means you dont need my car anymore? hopfully i can swing this before the GP is over.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by transmaro93
hey brian, glad your finally doing this. question though... do they only come as pictured here or can you get a different trim ring to go around the projector. i remember you saying somthing about that in an earlier post. If so what other ones are there to choose from. And i guess this means you dont need my car anymore? hopfully i can swing this before the GP is over.
Currently these are coming as pictured. Shroud choices are limited to the one you see. Other shrouds were attempted however height is a major restriction. The ones you see here by far fit the best. Changing shrouds in the future would not be difficult and are not very expensive if something else comes along.

I appreciated you offering your vehicle however being this is my personal vehicle, it was just very easy to work on my own on my schedule. Hope to earn your business before the end of this GP for sure!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I want to do this setup but will have to wait until the current build is finished
Old 06-26-2010, 11:57 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Evaporate
I want to do this setup but will have to wait until the current build is finished
Good looking car
Old 06-26-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got off of work.

Payment sent.
Old 06-26-2010, 03:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

im confused. isnt the 98-02 kit $550? why is this one more expensive even tho there ar only 2 lights as opposed to 4?
Old 06-26-2010, 03:46 PM
FormerVendor

Just got off of work.

Payment sent.
Thank you for your business!

Originally Posted by ElkySS
im confused. isnt the 98-02 kit $550? why is this one more expensive even tho there ar only 2 lights as opposed to 4?
The 98-02 Firebird kit that is $550 is a low beam only projector while the one you see here for the 93-97 is a Bi-Xenon with a movable shield controlled by a solenoid. These projectors simply cost more plus there is additional wiring required to make this entirely PnP. Also, a shroud is included with this kit which was not necessary on the 98-02 BLS kit. The Premium (Low/High) 98-02 BLS kit is $875 for reference and this kit performs both of those functions for cheaper.

Hope this helps to clarify things.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

My .02, this kit may not be for everyone (although I bet Brian hopes so ) The amount of work this kit has taken to produce the results you see are nothing short of stunning! Pricing initially may look to be a little steep, but I'm sure when your driving down the road with this setup you will be smiles from ear to ear I certainly understand the dilemma when considering the cost of the LT1 kit and the cost of the LS1 kit, but for the guys that want a lighting solution for their LT1; this is it ! I think in the long run you have to judge the pricing just like anything else on a LT1 car, it seems disproportionate to the value of the car. The real value of this kit will certainly be in the eye of the beholder and for the guys that love their LT1 it will quite possibly solve one of the biggest problems of the 93-97 firebirds (lighting). Lets not forget that Brian also has a monthly cost of advertisement to bring great products like this to the LSX/LTX market and that certainly has to be figured in when selling a product. I'm sure the profit he is making is nothing in comparison to the time and effort that has been invested in making this project a reality. Hopefully this will be enough of a success for the 93-97 firebirds that Brian will tackle the Camaro next. I know their are a bunch of people chomping at the bit to see a well thought out lighting kit for their cars

I can't wait for mine !!!
Old 06-26-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
Good looking car
Thanks! And if that is your car in the initial post, the feeling is mutual. I'll trade ya

I take it you also sell the fogs that are pictured above as well right? How much will those run? I'd want to do both at the same time. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 96silverram
My .02, this kit may not be for everyone (although I bet Brian hopes so ) The amount of work this kit has taken to produce the results you see are nothing short of stunning! Pricing initially may look to be a little steep, but I'm sure when your driving down the road with this setup you will be smiles from ear to ear I certainly understand the dilemma when considering the cost of the LT1 kit and the cost of the LS1 kit, but for the guys that want a lighting solution for their LT1; this is it ! I think in the long run you have to judge the pricing just like anything else on a LT1 car, it seems disproportionate to the value of the car. The real value of this kit will certainly be in the eye of the beholder and for the guys that love their LT1 it will quite possibly solve one of the biggest problems of the 93-97 firebirds (lighting). Lets not forget that Brian also has a monthly cost of advertisement to bring great products like this to the LSX/LTX market and that certainly has to be figured in when selling a product. I'm sure the profit he is making is nothing in comparison to the time and effort that has been invested in making this project a reality. Hopefully this will be enough of a success for the 93-97 firebirds that Brian will tackle the Camaro next. I know their are a bunch of people chomping at the bit to see a well thought out lighting kit for their cars

I can't wait for mine !!!
I appreciate the praise and looking forward to seeing this kit on probably the cleanest LTX around Thank you for your business

Originally Posted by Evaporate
Thanks! And if that is your car in the initial post, the feeling is mutual. I'll trade ya

I take it you also sell the fogs that are pictured above as well right? How much will those run? I'd want to do both at the same time. Thanks.
Yes, the kit is on my personal Firebird and thank you for the compliment.

PM me regarding the fogs and I can help you out. This mod was fairly inexpensive but was a somewhat "custom" install. Not very hard to do really but it's something not "ready for sale" so I'm not comfortable offering it unless it is up to customer expectations.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:02 AM
FormerVendor

All PM's Returned - Lot of interest so far
Old 06-27-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the heads up Brian. I probably won't be in on this GP since I just got my LT1 painted.

For those who doubt the amazingness of this kit, ask all the people who are completely satisfied with the LS1 kit (myself included )
Old 06-28-2010, 07:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FBDYLVR
Thanks for the heads up Brian. I probably won't be in on this GP since I just got my LT1 painted.

For those who doubt the amazingness of this kit, ask all the people who are completely satisfied with the LS1 kit (myself included )
No problem and looking forward to seeing the car once its done getting painted. Thank you for your continued support and glad you are happy with your kit.

All PM's Returned - Thank you!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can't wait.

July 11th is going to be a good day.

End of the GP
Dad's Bday
World Cup Final
Old 07-01-2010, 05:32 AM
FormerVendor

I can't wait.

July 11th is going to be a good day.

End of the GP
Dad's Bday
World Cup Final
Going to be even better when these are installed in your car.

All PMs Returned - Thank You!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:34 PM
FormerVendor

Little over one week left - All PM's Returned!

Happy 4th of July!!

Quick Reply: ***Blackbird Lighting Solutions 93-97 Firebird True Bi-Xenon Projector Headlight GP**