Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Blingmaster FTL

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo78
+1 on purple polish. Good stuff. Hard to beat mothers mag and aluminum too. Tried and proven.
I agree with the Mother's being proven. That stuff is a nice thick creme that WORKS. I work at a parts store and we had a silver NOS Sneaky Pete bottle. I sanded it down and used Mother's right off our shelf and it looks chrome. Funny, the $5 polish works great right off the shelf by hand or machine.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

did you keep it shook up well?

might have got a bad batch...while its not the best stuff it does work pretty well on polished aluminum
Old 07-12-2010, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah it was well-shaken. I loaned it out to 2 different friends who aren't noobs when it comes to polishing and let several others try it at my place and my bottle just does not perform.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rob69zombie
Yeah it was well-shaken. I loaned it out to 2 different friends who aren't noobs when it comes to polishing and let several others try it at my place and my bottle just does not perform.
I sent you a PM with the owners/developer's number...give him a call and discuss your issues with him. I know the vast majority of users are very pleased with the product and I know he is interested in learning why you are not. Talk with him directly and see what yall can work out to make you happy. Blingmaster is a small company that relies on word of mouth and recommendations from enthusiast to enthusiast to get by unlike the larger companies...so a thread bashing them hurts them much more than their larger competitors. Too many people like me swear by the product for it not to be good....so call David and speak with him and see if yall can figure out what's wrong....if its your doing something wrong, if the product is just not what you were expecting, if you "got a bad batch" or whatever it is. I know he would like to try to make you happy, and I don't think you can expect anymore than that from a company.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Will-do. Thanks for that contact information. I'll try to call him tomorrow but in the mean-time if you talk to David if you can convey the info I sent you in the PM I would be much-appreciative. Thanks again,
Josh.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was also disappointed but didn't want to post up anything negative. Now everything on my car is black so no need for it.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

I've had this stuff since February and used it quite a bit on different metals and methods of application. I wasn't trying to 'bash' Blingmaster, just wanted to gauge everyone else's experiences with it and share mine. There are tons of people who don't like Texas Speed products and tons more who swear by them, and the same with Thunder Racing, and any other company. A negative experience shouldn't break a company but make them better by knowing any complaints.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought that blingmaster stuff after hearing all the hype about it too... i also didnt have any luck with it... i got it for my ccw's... not as good of a shine i was looking for... i then decided to try mothers billet polish, and had better sucess with the mothers!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

I'm assuming that you all that are having bad luck are using too much product. The product is non abrasive, so if you apply too much, it will not alllow the applicator (which is doing the cutting) to do what it needs because too much polish is in the way. I have sampled this stuff....and was impressed. A LITTLE goes a LONG ways. When Polishing metal, the applicator shoiuld not glide across the surface, you should somewhat be able to "feel" it working, if that makes sense.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
I'm assuming that you all that are having bad luck are using too much product. The product is non abrasive, so if you apply too much, it will not alllow the applicator (which is doing the cutting) to do what it needs because too much polish is in the way. I have sampled this stuff....and was impressed. A LITTLE goes a LONG ways. When Polishing metal, the applicator shoiuld not glide across the surface, you should somewhat be able to "feel" it working, if that makes sense.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I went thin with it and tried putting it on with an applicator pad, microfiber cloth, and even a wool buffing-pad and it didn't work too well. I'll try my brake lines again in the next couple of days using even less than before and report the results.

Quick Reply: Blingmaster FTL