Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Help in fitting a 99 SS hood on a 99 v-6 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, wrong.

Originally Posted by LS1121
No actually if you go back in time the z28 is a RS Ralley Sport with the Z28 package, I believe. Someone will correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Of course it is -- the 3800 airlid is different than LS1 -- it's obvious just by sight:
http://whispermotorsports.com/fbody.html

Originally Posted by SKZ28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogNutz
It seems that the V-6 assembly is shifted to the left a couple inches off-center as opposed to my LS1 car..
Old 07-20-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

Who asked you? What question of the OP did you answer in this post -- zippo.

Originally Posted by Blk98ls1
No one cares how you feel. The guy asked a simple tech question and you proceeded to flame him. Do everyone a favor and don't post unless its productive or funny. Two things you have failed at in this thread. OP did the hood fit okay?
Old 07-20-2010, 02:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ look at it like this bud its HIS car not yours. you didnt cough up the money for the car weather it be a couple hundred bucks or several thousands, who cars. and also, your gonna bitch about him puttin a SS hood on a V6? WTF dude. look at it like i do weather or not you have a V6 or a V8 if you came across a OEM SS hood, like he did, wouldnt you buy and try to put it on if not buy it and turn around and sell it? maybe he wants to see if itll fit before he doesnt try and sales it then find out later that it would fit. and who gives a freak if it is a V6 car or not theres V6's out there that would blister half the cars on here any damn ways
Old 07-20-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
Who asked you? What question of the OP did you answer in this post -- zippo.
If you actually went back and read the thread, you would clearly see where I told him that the hood would fit fine with the exception of the airbox not being perfectly centered behind it. You on the other hand have contributed nothing except for childish and mind numbingly stupid posts. The one thing that you finally did post that had any sort of technical advice was still laced with sarcasm and it was pointless since it had already confirmed that the lid was indeed off center as opposed to the LS1 cars. Even then that should have been your very first post, instead you cluttered up the thread with pointless rants and "facts" about V-8 cars and V-6 cars. Congratulations man, you managed to make yourself out to be a narrow minded fool that has nothing better to do then make useless post on this thread.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

it will fit fine.

I'm sorry that having a v6 makes certain people turn into ******.

Quick Reply: Help in fitting a 99 SS hood on a 99 v-6 camaro