Old 07-27-2010, 02:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I figured I have some fun with it!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evilZO6
Can you just make a real CF interior and not charge $1000? I see in your OP you have a CF dash but i dont see it on your site. Also a carbon fiber Trans Am rear bumper insert would be nice. Also an OEM Carbon Fiber LT1 WS6 hood. There isn't a single one on the market and people are always asking for it. I can loan you mine lol depending on where you are.
What interior parts specifically? The carbon dash in my car would be way to expensive to market it. I could do a VFN style carbon dash but not one like mine.

Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6
Lets see what you come up with and I'd be down for sure. I know I couldnt go without the armrest cause I use it a lot.

Can we see more of your interior? I'm interested in that dash.
Ok, i'll see what I can do but it may be a little while. Have a bunch of orders to fill right now. Check out the drag section and look in the gauge mounting thread and search for my steering column thread... both have more pics of my dash.

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
Here you go! I've heard of this specific panel referred to as a "sail panel" and also the "halo". I'm not sure what the actual name is.

Yeah I can make that but it would be more expensive than something like door panels since it would have to be more layers of carbon.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Launching!

i think a carbon fiber sail panel would be pretty badass.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:55 AM
FormerVendor

You all would be ok with removing your current one and installing this as a direct replacement?
Old 07-29-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

If I bought it I would, I think it'd look a little goofy having the CF stick up higher than everything else.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DMH Fabrication
Yeah I can make that but it would be more expensive than something like door panels since it would have to be more layers of carbon.
What kind of price you talking?

You all would be ok with removing your current one and installing this as a direct replacement?
Removing the sail panel is a pain in the ***, as seen HERE. However, I think the average guy here on LS1Tech could do it. I know that I haven't done it but if the right sail panel was available I'd give it a try.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
What kind of price you talking?

Removing the sail panel is a pain in the ***, as seen HERE. However, I think the average guy here on LS1Tech could do it. I know that I haven't done it but if the right sail panel was available I'd give it a try.
The OEM smc/fiberglass ones are about $600 from GM. I would think I can get the carbon a little cheaper than that to you all. Sound fair?

That doesn't look horrible to remove as long as you dont care about keeping the old one in one piece.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

The OEM smc/fiberglass ones are about $600 from GM. I would think I can get the carbon a little cheaper than that to you all. Sound fair?

That doesn't look horrible to remove as long as you dont care about keeping the old one in one piece.
If you can make it cheaper than an OEM, I'm down for sure. Mines starting to bubble. Also, can we get some more pictures of that dash? That is SICK! I'd be interested in one if you can reproduce it as long as the price isn't absurd. I need something thats a direct factory replacement, so something like the VFN would be outa the question.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

cf sail panel would be bamf. im done looking at this thread now cause im broke.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:50 AM
TECH Addict

I'd do that, for sure.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

What interior parts specifically? The carbon dash in my car would be way to expensive to market it. I could do a VFN style carbon dash but not one like mine.

Just your usual things, upper center console, radio bezel, door handle surrounds. Whats not so normal would be new AC vent cuffs, the part that slides into the dash that the vents click in to, and i think a carbon fiber gauge surround inlay would be nice. I mean just so that the inside of it is covered in CF rather than the whole awkward piece that would include the one air vent. Also map pocket covers!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Carbon fiber Dash Pad Panel!!!!! I would buy one for sure!!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm still interested in the door panels with arm rests. Maybe just doing the drivers side? It could be primitive too. I wanna see what you come up with.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

What about a carbon fiber rear wing identical to the stocker on the Trans Am's No ricer wings just a lighter version of the stocker in carbon fiber.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:59 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by squee
If you can make it cheaper than an OEM, I'm down for sure. Mines starting to bubble. Also, can we get some more pictures of that dash? That is SICK! I'd be interested in one if you can reproduce it as long as the price isn't absurd. I need something thats a direct factory replacement, so something like the VFN would be outa the question.

Look through some of my other threads in the drag section and there are some more pics of the dash. I'm not interested in making them a production part though. WAY too much time in them unfortunately.

Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6
I'm still interested in the door panels with arm rests. Maybe just doing the drivers side? It could be primitive too. I wanna see what you come up with.
I'll toy with the idea but it will be in the future as I have a bunch of other orders that are priority before I play with new ideas.

Originally Posted by Reaper SS
What about a carbon fiber rear wing identical to the stocker on the Trans Am's No ricer wings just a lighter version of the stocker in carbon fiber.
May be a possibility but that would be one of the harder parts to make since it would need thread inserts and mult. piece mold.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

how many layers of carbon do you use?

I was just wondering,i like the weave,i make carbon all day for mosler
Old 08-05-2010, 01:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by think47
how many layers of carbon do you use?

I was just wondering,i like the weave,i make carbon all day for mosler
Depends on the part and if I am using core or not.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rg501
i think a carbon fiber sail panel would be pretty badass.
Sail panel I'd want the whole roof! I have a hard top and it has small bubbles along the top of the door.

Wasn't 6LE gonna do something similar but for the cost?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if you check out the sail panel threads and sticky, you may see that thousands of us would buy this... i think this would be your biggest seller. period. and beat the factory price? forget it: you would stand alone! ... do it
Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterV8
Sail panel I'd want the whole roof! I have a hard top and it has small bubbles along the top of the door.

Wasn't 6LE gonna do something similar but for the cost?
Totally wasn't feasible financially for us. Shipping alone was retarded (like $100+)...

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Door Panels