Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone make brushed aluminum or stainless emblems? Emblem ideas inside.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone make brushed aluminum or stainless emblems? Emblem ideas inside.

I'm looking for some emblems, and my first instinct is to go with the 69 style emblems like I had on my LT1. My wife is already accusing me of trying to make my new-to-me LS1 look just like my old one. However, I see a lot of 4th gens with these emblems and I'd like something a little different. I've looked into getting 2nd gen emblems, but they seem to be twice as expensive as any other, so that idea may be out. Here's some pics.....

My 1995:

My 1999:

I'd like to get some custom made factory style 4th gen z28 emblems, only in brushed aluminum. The stainless and chrome are too shiny since there's no chrome on the car. I'd also like some rear fill ins in brushed to match. There'll be a GTO 5.7 emblem on the back, just like my old one.

I've also got this pic that I edited with a 67 cross flag emblem, I've only seen one or two 4th gens like it, whatcha think?

Thanks for looking!
Old 08-15-2010, 11:05 AM
FormerVendor

We probably already make what you are looking for.
Brushed stainless looks just like brushed aluminum, and it will not oxidize like aluminum will.

Thanks, Roger
Old 08-15-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the replys....already been all over emblempros website and can't find exactly what I'm wanting. Basically I'd like this:

This emblem (minus the bowtie)

In this material (ignore the style)

To match this on the back

I'm sure they'll have to be custom made.

I like the look from a distance with the emblems I have now. They are stock emblems painted silver. From a distance they're good but up close they look cheap, and everytime I run a buffer over them the paint comes off.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

i made the emblems up in my sig. still have a ton left over. Still pretty raw, last they got was a random orbital sander w 180 grit, but they could be brushed (id painted/brushed/polished/hammercoated others back when i made them).

Have plenty of the LS1 ones left, used camaro style lettering, made templates in wood, routed, cut, filed, etc etc etc etc

Old 08-15-2010, 02:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ncsu602
Thanks for the replys....already been all over emblempros website and can't find exactly what I'm wanting. Basically I'd like this:

This emblem (minus the bowtie)

In this material (ignore the style)

To match this on the back

I'm sure they'll have to be custom made.

I like the look from a distance with the emblems I have now. They are stock emblems painted silver. From a distance they're good but up close they look cheap, and everytime I run a buffer over them the paint comes off.

Not a problem to make that in brushed stainless. We cannot possibly place evrything on the website we are capable of. Way too many options.
I could have that made by Tuesday morning.

Thanks, Roger
Old 08-15-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah if youre wanting the the precision/longevity of SS, definitely get w roger. I have some rear inserts from him, and ill be getting some more for my new setup soon. Before was off the shelf stuff, next will be custom, but made to match what they came up with originally
Old 08-15-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the replys guys.....Roger, you have email!

Quick Reply: Anyone make brushed aluminum or stainless emblems? Emblem ideas inside.