Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Need help on new idea, fender vents...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

It would definately be an interesting challenge to come up with a design that looks like it belongs on the Camaro body . The one thing that makes it a challenge is the straight seem line down the entire center of the Camaros body .
Old 10-03-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been debating doing that very thing with the fenders as well... but like mentioned, it would probably need a lot more work than just an insert to look good Id think? Theres a video of a Camaro from the middle east I think, and it has the Vette vents grafted into the fender, but it doesnt carry into the doors like the Vette does and in my mind it just didnt look right. Carrying it through the door and making a subtle transition is what makes it look good IMO. But with McNords talents, I wouldnt put it past him to come up with something!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any PhotoShop pros willing to create some sample renerings? I am having trouble visualizing.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

If you pop out the black honeycomb vents on the 4th gen birds you would have an insert platform to create a one or two piece zr-1 style vent (pointed back like the one in the pick), the only thing that would seem sketchy to me is another body line where the new piece would stick out and set flush with the fender.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

im confused as hell. What car is this for excactly?

4th gen camaros have no where to put these so i ruled that out and assumed they were for 5th gens, but the comments seem to be directed at only 4th gens. I could definitely see something being possible for the birds, but nothing for 4th gen camaro's.

SO is this mainly for 2010 camaros and 98-02 birds?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

At the top of the thread it says "maybe redo the ones for the birds," and I was just suggesting for the 4th gen birds, Camaro's should look sleek IMO...
Old 10-04-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Raleigh TA
Any PhotoShop pros willing to create some sample renerings? I am having trouble visualizing.
Well here is something that xenon makes for the mustang guys, but it kind of gives you a idea of how something like this would work on a camaro or firebird.

(not saying these look good but I'm sure 6lE scoops would blow these away)
Also these are held on by 3m tape.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you people kidding? It says in the original post, "We're looking to design some type of INSERT ABLE (so you don't have to buy an entire fender) fender vents for Camaros"
Old 10-05-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Veteran

kidding about what.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:25 AM
12 Second Club

I dont see where you will be "inserting" these setups? its going to be hard to make something to go with the plain body lines of the camaro, or so i personally think. dont get me wrong, i hope you guys end up making something thats unique and ****-up cool, im just not picturing it right now.

EDIT: unles im an idiot, and you are only talking about 10-11 camaros and firebirds from 98-02.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:47 AM
EW1
Launching!

I think the first option would look good on camaros and if you could come up with an insertable vent for the front, it would really help in adding more mounting locations for aftermarket fluid coolers.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

ok, im the customer that suggested this. just to clear some things up...
1. i had this idea for 4th gen camaro's with my z28 in mind.
2. i think it would work better to replace the whole fender and door panel to make it look like the new vetts, but I'm sure 6le and mcnord don't wana do all that work.
3. im no good with photoshop but here are some pics to use as a platform

the fenders and doors from this z06
Need help on new idea, fender vents...-index1.jpg

on the f body
Need help on new idea, fender vents...-10624_589204238198_37707109_34583543_109450_n.jpg

i hope this helps clear some things up and maybe some photoshop guys can use those pics. once again, this is just what i had originally thought of
Old 10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by corv271
ok, im the customer that suggested this. just to clear some things up...
1. i had this idea for 4th gen camaro's with my z28 in mind.
2. i think it would work better to replace the whole fender and door panel to make it look like the new vetts, but I'm sure 6le and mcnord don't wana do all that work.
3. im no good with photoshop but here are some pics to use as a platform

the fenders and doors from this z06
Attachment 257190

on the f body
Attachment 257189

i hope this helps clear some things up and maybe some photoshop guys can use those pics. once again, this is just what i had originally thought of
THANK GOD you chimed in...

See, I just don't get why some things have to be spelled out for some of the people around here. Its OBVIOUS what he was referring too if you actually read AND comprehended the OP...Why the HELL would he be talking about doing something for the 4th gen bird and the 5th gen Camaro? That makes no sense whatsoever.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

yea, well, like i said, i don't think 6le and mcnord would want to do that much work

but if they did i think the best way to overcome the issue of the seem down the body would be to simply incorporate it into the design after the vent
Old 10-05-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what wheels are these?
Old 10-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98MNBZ28

what wheels are these?
New Grand Sports. I sell them for our cars just not on our site yet...
Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Mark, for what it's worth, there's an ugly replacement fender available on the market that has vents. Here's an example of what not to do. It's very ricey:

Unfortunately I don't have a better pic of those strange fenders.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by squee
THANK GOD you chimed in...

See, I just don't get why some things have to be spelled out for some of the people around here. Its OBVIOUS what he was referring too if you actually read AND comprehended the OP...Why the HELL would he be talking about doing something for the 4th gen bird and the 5th gen Camaro? That makes no sense whatsoever.
who sir, stuck a stick up your bum?

Its OBVIOUS what he was referring too if you actually read AND comprehended the OP
please tell me what makes it so "obvious", is it the fact that he doesn't mention years at all? or the fact that he shows and refers to a part for the 2010 camaro in the post? or is it the fact that the 4th gens hane NO easy way to do this without either replacing the entire fender or chopping up your current one? Pretty sure most reasonable people could pull these points out and be left a little unclear, since nothing in his post indicates he was 100% referring to 4th gens.

Why the HELL would he be talking about doing something for the 4th gen bird and the 5th gen Camaro? That makes no sense whatsoever.
Now it is clear that YOU SIR, are the dumb#ss who didn't read the original post...

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
(maybe replace the TA ones for birds).
clearly, they thought about doing something for the birds, so you are WRONG
Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Again, they will be INSERT ABLE like the piece on the ACS "Transformers 2" 2010 Camaro's front bumper...
and this quote seems to imply they could be doing something for the 5th gens.

So now, what i need for you to do, is pull the stick out of your a$$ and lose the attitude when we ask simple questions of clarification.

end rant

Last edited by crimson_bird; 10-05-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
who sir, stuck a stick up your bum?

please tell me what makes it so "obvious", is it the fact that he doesn't mention years at all? or the fact that he shows and refers to a part for the 2010 camaro in the post? or is it the fact that the 4th gens hane NO easy way to do this without either replacing the entire fender or chopping up your current one? Pretty sure most reasonable people could pull these points out and be left a little unclear, since nothing in his post indicates he was 100% referring to 4th gens.

Now it is clear that YOU SIR, are the dumb#ss who didn't read the original post...

clearly, they thought about doing something for the birds, so you are WRONG

and this quote seems to imply they could be doing something for the 5th gens.

So now, what i need for you to do, is pull the stick out of your a$$ and lose the attitude when we ask simple questions of clarification.

end rant
Well, SIR, if you had ANY kind of common sense, you would see that I was saying, WHY THE HELL, would anyone make a part for the FIFTH gen Camaro AND the FOURTH gen bird? Does that make ANY sense to you? NEVER did I say they weren't thinking of doing anything for the bird, but simply pointing out that making a product for the 5th gen Camaro and 4th gen bird makes no sense. Again, if you had any common sense you would see that he was only using the front bumper of the 2010 for a EXAMPLE of how it would be insertable. This **** isn't rocket science. What next, since he used a picture of Vette and referenced that as well, it must be for the Vette too, right? And what makes it any harder to do it on a 4th gen Camaro than on a 5th gen?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im gonna sidestep all the gentlemanly arguing, and ask what (if anything) you'd do for the inserts? or would it just be the drop in that gets painted without any black-plastic-ish grill?

Sorry if that was in one of the many well thought out previous posts.

I was talking to Brian about doing something like this; replacing my ta vents with something a bit more fun. Ill be interested to see how this turns out

Quick Reply: Need help on new idea, fender vents...