Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

best part of having an ls1...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Swiat34
Anyone else as SUPER frustrated as I am that the swing-out cup holder rattles like mad when folded in? MFer is driving me nuts! I'm gonna add a piece of stick-on foam to the underside where the wire folds up to stop it. But still that damn thing is annoying. Took me a month to find out it was that! Took the WHOLE console apart, messed with the shift indicator and a BUNCH of other ****. Turns out its the damn useless cup holder. SMH
Yup...Never noticed it before till I read this. Drove it last night, and now that I know the cup holder is there, I noticed it rattles. I hate this thread. It's makeing me find ****.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KevinR
Yup...Never noticed it before till I read this. Drove it last night, and now that I know the cup holder is there, I noticed it rattles. I hate this thread. It's makeing me find ****.
Ignorance is bliss.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only thing I really drink in my car is water. For you people who don't let anyone have food or drinks in your car, what is their response when you tell them this? I could see them getting pissy with you lol
Old 10-22-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See I just hate stuff that rattles when I drive. I even keep my passenger seat belt buckled because the buckle rattles. I especially hate when I hear a sound system making stuff rattle like license plates and vents. I go to lengths to stop/prevent all that.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Everything rattles in my car. This just added to the list, and now I know where it's coming from.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Banned

See I just hate stuff that rattles when I drive. I even keep my passenger seat belt buckled because the buckle rattles. I especially hate when I hear a sound system making stuff rattle like license plates and vents. I go to lengths to stop/prevent all that.
And you own an Fbody?! Jeeez how do you sleep at night?!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hate the cupholder on the console, if you drive an auto its odd, if you drive a manual (which i do) its useless. Woudlnt mind one on the drivers side door like the passengers have.

also, seems passengers are incapable of pulling out that cupholder; i got the car with it cracked and everyone who tries pulls at the wrong angle, so i always end up opening it for them
Old 10-23-2010, 07:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have a 3rd gen so my cupholder was between my legs. i friggin love 4th gens. except for the engine bay. that could be more spacious
Old 10-23-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaunt's_Girl
And you own an Fbody?! Jeeez how do you sleep at night?!
**** it wasn't easy for a while. I've done a LOT of little work on my interior to stop the rattles. I've got it pretty much under control now! That's my Firebird anyway. I've got a whole lot of custom work going into my Trans Am, inside and out, so I'm not even sure what rattles anymore.

Anyone else enjoy that look of surprise when you pull out that "hidden" cupholder for a passenger?!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone else enjoy that look of surprise when you pull out that "hidden" cupholder for a passenger?!
the girls just giggle at me, just like when i show the steering wheel controls, t tops, and other things. i guess because i get so excited about it all.

in my defense i came from an 84, you'd be surprised with all this technology too
Old 10-23-2010, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dabest09
The only thing I really drink in my car is water. For you people who don't let anyone have food or drinks in your car, what is their response when you tell them this? I could see them getting pissy with you lol
Anyone that would think of bringing food in my car won't be riding in it.. one of two reasons, I either obviously don't know them good enough for them to be riding in my car or because they have food period.

When I first give people a ride they usually are cautious because it is obvious I care for my car. It is also absolutely spotless 24/7. It is washed after every drive and sometimes before depending on my mood.