Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: What SS badges for black Camaro?
OEM 98-02 black SS with silver trim
63.16%
EmblemPros SS Stainless Steel "Fill" Set with black fill
36.84%
Other - Pleae specifiy below
0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Which SS Badges?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i actually ordered the acrylic one from emblem pros. the only thing i didnt like, and why i didnt put it on, is the acrylic one is actually clear, with a sliver backing.

if you look at it from any angle other than straight on, you can see that its clear on top, and it just looks kinda funky.

Just ordered the stainless one, what the hell its 12 bucks. if that doesn't go i may just paint the stock one silver and put it back on.

I was with you at first on the size. I spent a lot of time and money on badges and overlays for them trying to figure out what exactly i wanted.

the thing was is I wanted something different, that i hadnt seen. Everyone has the old style ss badges, which have been around since the 60s. My goal was to take the car and sort of modernize it, make it more relevant with the stuff of today.

As far as the new SS badges go though, there are only two sizes really(that i cound find). the Cobalt ones (which is what i have on the rear) and the Malibu/Trailblazer ones (sides). The camaro ss badges are tiny. So i was kinda stuck with what was out there.

IMO the rear one is about 1/8 to 1/4 too small too, but it looked really tiny on the sides.

Maybe one day ill call up emblempros and have them cut me some stainless steel ones in the size i want, until then, im happy with what i have.

now i just have to get all of the other older style ss stuff converted to match the exterior (floor mats, shifter plaque, etc). its all too expensive.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the stainless steel ones, but either way its gonna look good.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had never seen these before until I got my G8. They look pretty good in person too.

Quick Reply: Which SS Badges?