Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

cf wrapped "berger" panel

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so can you still put the camaro inserts back in or the cf vinyl will not allow?? other than that it looks nice..
Old 11-21-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its stretched really tightly then putting the lettering in might be hard, unless you take your time and use a really sharp razor knife and cut the letters out by hand.

Im not sure you might be able to make some little slits or cuts in the material on the insides of the lettering and then you could try to force the letters into place, It might work but it might not. If not you would almost have to cut the lettering out and then apply them. Depending on how much you cut, you might not be able to keep the Vinyl sticking to the rest of the panel.

I think it looks pretty good as is, and I would leave it alone.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kylerobison
i was thinking about doing this. if i put some clear coat on it, do you think it would work to add a nice gloss finish?
it would add a layer of thickness and gloss, but I dont know how it would work on the vinyl.... it should be fine though, lots of people clear over vinyl stickers and such.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
If its stretched really tightly then putting the lettering in might be hard, unless you take your time and use a really sharp razor knife and cut the letters out by hand.

Im not sure you might be able to make some little slits or cuts in the material on the insides of the lettering and then you could try to force the letters into place, It might work but it might not. If not you would almost have to cut the lettering out and then apply them. Depending on how much you cut, you might not be able to keep the Vinyl sticking to the rest of the panel.

I think it looks pretty good as is, and I would leave it alone.
I'd think that if one were to do this to a bare panel, get it nice and covered, then make relief cuts in the center of the letters, then use a heat gun/hairdryer over the letter area, the vinyl would lay down just fine allowing the letters to be installed in the panel like normal.

Looks great OP! I actually like it pretty well. Thinking about wrapping my sailpanel in it.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Very nice work..

Here's a real one.. Just in case..
http://www.aerokits.net/cart/index.p...oducts_id=1851

Quick Reply: cf wrapped "berger" panel