Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LED or Neon in the Ram Air scoop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LED or Neon in the Ram Air scoop?

Anyboday dress up the nostrils of the Ram Air vent of an SS or Pontiac with neon red, or led lights behind the grill? Would it look cool or corny? What about one of those that react to sound..and glowed when you rev it up. A cheesy Kniht Rider or intimidating?
Old 02-08-2004, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Talking Go for it

Originally Posted by shippershack
Anyboday dress up the nostrils of the Ram Air vent of an SS or Pontiac with neon red, or led lights behind the grill? Would it look cool or corny? What about one of those that react to sound..and glowed when you rev it up. A cheesy Kniht Rider or intimidating?
Dude, check out my site, I just finished up a mod like that!

http://home.ptd.net/~chrispav/transam6lightsmods.html

I heartily suggest the neon (CCFL, cold cathode flourescent light) approach. I have seen cars with LED and they just don't "spread" the light out enough to be really effective.
I think that red would look very cool, but you can **never** drive with them on. Red will really make some folks pull over or the police pull you over. I think I may get away with blue now and then. But if you just use them at shows or at the strip it shouldn't be a problem. To have the intensity grow when you push the gas would be cool, but might be difficult to do.

Chris
Old 02-08-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet, but speaking of Knight Rider, anyone ever try converting their Firebird using or having it done by markscustomkits.com It might be kinda rice (unless you're modded out w/ nothing left to do) but I'm interested in getting the Scanner Light but not sure if it can be made to fit a 4th gen grill since for those Firebirds/TransAM there is actually a custom bumper you can get from their site.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Neither.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

r front blue and red light illegal even if then dont flash???
Old 02-08-2004, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know here in Indiana that blue lights on period is illegal in a moving vehicle. You can only have them on if your car is parked and not running, the same goes with red. From what I learned in Law Enforcement ( A class I'm taking in High School right now ) are teacher (a retired cop) told us it ( the colors red or blue ) resembles an emengercy vehicle.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by shippershack
Old 02-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Chris,
Nice work my man! That may take me a whole weekend and a new hair do with all those wires. Looks great! Thanks for the instructions!
Rob
[

QUOTE=Chris Paveglio]Dude, check out my site, I just finished up a mod like that!

http://home.ptd.net/~chrispav/transam6lightsmods.html

I heartily suggest the neon (CCFL, cold cathode flourescent light) approach. I have seen cars with LED and they just don't "spread" the light out enough to be really effective.
I think that red would look very cool, but you can **never** drive with them on. Red will really make some folks pull over or the police pull you over. I think I may get away with blue now and then. But if you just use them at shows or at the strip it shouldn't be a problem. To have the intensity grow when you push the gas would be cool, but might be difficult to do.

Chris[/QUOTE]
Old 02-10-2004, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

here's mine

Quick Reply: LED or Neon in the Ram Air scoop?