Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Valve covers just back from powder coating!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good, cant wait to see them installed in the spring
Old 01-15-2011, 04:29 PM
11 Second Club

Very nice!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

decided to just toss one on to see how it looks. the car is getting a vic jr so i think the coils are gonna get hung off the back of it. should make for a clean install. i love the color, it's deep without losing the shine
Attached Thumbnails Valve covers just back from powder coating!-001.jpg   Valve covers just back from powder coating!-002.jpg   Valve covers just back from powder coating!-003.jpg  
Old 01-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Motorboater

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
Ok, so I'm gonna ask.....for those who have had a set of valve covers powder coated, how did you clean them out internally if there was any blasting media in them?

I got mine done in black & I can hear some blasting media trapped inside the stock baffles in the covers. I'm thinking just submerge them in a bathtub & slosh them around until cleaned out & then let them dry?
That's why I gently remove those from the covers prior to do anything. Remove baffles, degrease, blast, mask the threads, coat, then put the baffles back on. Gotta be careful as the tabs that hold them in are easy to snap, but you can remove them. Otherwise fill your bathtub with hot as you can stand it water and car wash soap and start dunking. Then fill again with fresh hot water and dunk some more.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
That's why I gently remove those from the covers prior to do anything. Remove baffles, degrease, blast, mask the threads, coat, then put the baffles back on. Gotta be careful as the tabs that hold them in are easy to snap, but you can remove them. Otherwise fill your bathtub with hot as you can stand it water and car wash soap and start dunking. Then fill again with fresh hot water and dunk some more.
That is kinda what I was thinkin as well. I was gonna send them into you but when I asked the powder coater across the street he was so slow he offered me a price I couldnt pass up. He did a good job finish wise on the powder itself, but he was a little sloppy with the blasting. I just wanna make sure they are good & clean internally before I slap them on. Thats all I need is a few granuals of blasting media goin through my bearings.

Quick Reply: Valve covers just back from powder coating!