Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Dick Harrell LT1 front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Here ya go SRZ . This is an exact LS1 grill . Exact LS1 fog light openings . The side contours follow the stock body lines( not a squared off edge near thew bottom) like the orginal harrell bumpers .

Doesnt get any easier to compare than that

Last edited by LT4vert; 03-04-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think that big grill opening looks good on the LT1 style front bumper. I think styling it off the Camaro race cars is better. Derhaag still makes and sells these bumpers, but they are too wide for a real Camaro. http://derhaag.com/store-camaro.htm

The blinkers would need to be relocated to the stock area (the fake cut outs on the derhaag bumper are too far forward and wouldn't be very visible from the side) and I think the grill area would look better wider.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn that would be sick to make one of those street legal!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to the other guy, i dont like the racecar style bumper. it doesnt look good on a street car.... way too over the top

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I forgot to mention, to the OP, contact me if you want one and it is yours for $100 + shipping.

I'll pay the rest for your bumper out of pocket, so that would be two. Three to go.
Ill take his deal if he wont mind in addition to the one ive already paid up on if u ship em both to my house

Originally Posted by LT4vert
Here ya go SRZ . This is an exact LS1 grill . Exact LS1 fog light openings . The side contours follow the stock body lines( not a squared off edge near thew bottom) like the orginal harrell bumpers .

that looks soo sick! would go awesome with my LS Conversion i like it even better. looks 10x better than the actual ls1 camaro front ends imo. plus the market for all kinds of grill covers n stuff would be great.

$516 isnt bad at all, especially considering i paid almost $800 for my kooks LT headers and i havnt gotten a single damn compliment on em since theve been on the car for 4 years! haha
Old 03-04-2011, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i agree the last photochop looks sick! come on people!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1 grill

+1 for the right pic - is that stock or your original chop?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:06 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks, only question I have is, will that line/crease be there or will it be smoothed out like on the LS1's? Like I said, I'm in. Shooting 6LE a pm now.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

his paypal is above in this post, i don't think he has pm turned on here.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by InsaneAuto86
LS1 grill

+1 for the right pic - is that stock or your original chop?
Its basically just a front end view of my original chop with a stock LS1 grill opening . The fog light openings are stock as well. I still did the splitter portion and blending freehand to be like the original. I put the stock LS1 grill opening so you guys could see how it would look and for 2, you guys would have existing grill options . I mean less face, it would be a stretch money wise to make grills for new style opening.

CamaroRick- I dont mind a bit . Guess that would be up to Mark.

SRZ- I left the line out between the parking light and top of the grill because I thought it looked better imo. I can chop it back in if youd like to see that too . Then it would be yalls decision , wanna see refinements speak up With the exception to the LS1 grill , without that... Yall wont have grill options or a grill period unless you fab one yourself. Same goes with the LS1 fog light openings . If 6LE puts them in the right locations, all you guys will have to do is get LS fog lights and the brakcet to mount to the holes that are already there .
Old 03-04-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

looks pretty much like its a ls1 bumper with lt1 headlight buckets.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im down!! as long as there is no curb up lip like the stock bumper
Old 03-04-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

if i can get an agree on that, so it looks smoother - flatter - like the trans amm body i will send me money in the am
Old 03-04-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94m6Z28
if i can get an agree on that, so it looks smoother - flatter - like the trans amm body i will send me money in the am
it's up to the people that paid to have input into the look, so pay first so we can get five on this deal!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i also think it looks good with the ultra z hood, i was thinking the ss hood on mine. wouldnt mind the ultraz if i could find one tho. its got the best airbox option out there
Old 03-05-2011, 09:15 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Its basically just a front end view of my original chop with a stock LS1 grill opening . The fog light openings are stock as well. I still did the splitter portion and blending freehand to be like the original. I put the stock LS1 grill opening so you guys could see how it would look and for 2, you guys would have existing grill options . I mean less face, it would be a stretch money wise to make grills for new style opening.

CamaroRick- I dont mind a bit . Guess that would be up to Mark.

SRZ- I left the line out between the parking light and top of the grill because I thought it looked better imo. I can chop it back in if youd like to see that too . Then it would be yalls decision , wanna see refinements speak up With the exception to the LS1 grill , without that... Yall wont have grill options or a grill period unless you fab one yourself. Same goes with the LS1 fog light openings . If 6LE puts them in the right locations, all you guys will have to do is get LS fog lights and the brakcet to mount to the holes that are already there .
Throw the line in there if ya could. My paypal is jacked up at the moment and won't be fixed in time. I'll email him.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I woke up early today for a car show, but the weather isn't that great, so I decided not to go. For fun, I went ahead and mocked up the race car front bumper with some side skirts and rear valance as well.

In case it's hard to tell what I even changed, here you go.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RPD_Vette84
looks pretty much like its a ls1 bumper with lt1 headlight buckets.
Which is complete opposite of what I would prefer. I really hate the catfish LS1 grille, but the LT1 lights are crap.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
Which is complete opposite of what I would prefer. I really hate the catfish LS1 grille, but the LT1 lights are crap.
That's a really good point. Why make a beautiful '93-'97 look like a catfish? And if 6LE is going to mess with making a new bumper, why not be able to update the headlights as well?

It'd be a lot neater to see a bumper that allows you to use the LS1 headlights without having to hack on the bumper yourself, plus has a protruding lower lip like the Dick Harrell or Camaro GT1 race car bumpers.

For reference, I found these pics of someone who modified their bumper and stuff to make the other headlights fit. The guy never posted any pics of how the lights were mounted. Maybe if somebody is interested they can try contacting him.
/

Old 03-05-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would love to be in, but I hate to sound like a bitch.

I have the money to get this started, but shipping on a piece like this is going to be pretty killer, plus paint.

Can I be opt for OP status? (That was me being a bitch)
No way I could turn down a deal like that.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Brangeta - Man , this thread was for alot of guys who wanted to see this particular style dick harrell on a LT1 car, and 1 person specifically . It was already hard to keep stuff straight in here . If you wanna keep pushing the more LT1 , LT1 front end can you do it in a new thread. You know were cool , and Im not try to be an *** at all dude. I DO NOT wanna turn this thread into catfish debate. I will just delete it .

SRZ - here ya go man , I added the character line back in . What do the guys that have actually paid money to 6LE think ?

Quick Reply: Dick Harrell LT1 front bumper